Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Gauging Interest: 2006 Corvette Coupe Black on Black Z51 MN6

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Mystical Musician
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2006 Corvette Coupe Black on Black Z51 MN6 (Only 96 Miles)

I’m contemplating the sale of my 2006 Corvette Coupe. It’s a 3LT with the Z51 performance package and a manual 6-speed. It has the 1-piece removable transparent roof panel, as I did not want to deal with my roof coming apart with the regular top. It also features the regular C6 rims. It does not have OnStar (since I don’t like the idea or possibility of being tracked) and it does not have navigation (since the aftermarket models are extremely nicer). I custom ordered this vehicle from the factory and had it delivered to my dealership “Woodfield Chevrolet”.
Option Codes:
• Black W/ Ebony Highwear Nuance Leather
• 3LT
• MN6
• Z51
• US9
• CC3

MSRP $51,730.00 (You can still price the car with the above mentioned options through Chevrolet.com.)

Aftermarket Modifications Interior:
• Center Console, Steering Wheel Gauge-Pod Cluster, and Door Bezels were custom painted Monterey Red. (They include GM factory warranty)

• Lloyds Cargo Mat W/ Corvette Emblem

Aftermarket Modifications Exterior:
• Paint Protection System (lifetime warranty).Basically its protection against acid rain, and bird droppings. Also states that the car will always have a brand new showroom paint appearance or they will reapply/fix.

• Clear-bra over front nose and headlights (professionally installed, with 3 year 36K mile warranty)

• B&B Bullets Exhaust with quad oval tips. (original exhaust is included)

NO ENGINE/MECHANICAL MODIFICATIONS

NEVER RACED/TRACKED/ABUSED

NEVER SEEN RAIN/SNOW (GARAGE STORED)

Current Mileage: 96 Miles. That’s correct, 96 miles which is less than some brand new corvettes on a dealer lot. (No Flaming about not driving the car folks)

Car is located in Schaumburg, Illinois.

Selling Price: $48,000.

Last edited by Mystical Musician; 01-25-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
RKB4C
Burning Brakes

Why R U sellin? So soon?
Old 01-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Mystical Musician
Racer

Originally Posted by RKB4C
Why R U sellin? So soon?
I'm more along the lines of seeing if there is any interest in my selling price. I have a financial opportunity that has presented itself in which I would like to eliminate some of my excess debt. Unfortunately I put a lot more into the car with aftermarket mods and original taxes than what I would be getting with my asking price. Another unfortunate thing is that I've barely had the chance to drive the car, so I'm just reevaluating my priorities. I’m in no way desperate to sell this car, and will not do so below my asking price. I figure if I can’t make what I’m asking on it, then I will just make sure to enjoy my ownership of it and put some miles on her.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:54 AM
Mystical Musician
Racer

By the lack of replies, is there something wrong with my asking price? I'm curious.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:41 AM
john m
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 66 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'06

Originally Posted by Mystical Musician
By the lack of replies, is there something wrong with my asking price? I'm curious.
I dont think I am breaking forum rules since you asked... unfortunately for sellers, the used C6 market is in a bit of a slump right now...your asking price is substantially above what someone could buy a new '07 for from a dealer...as far as mods go, they are usually hard to get your money back on when you sell... as for taxes, there's no avoiding them, especially in Illinois... I have a DSOM '06 loaded up ($56500 msrp) with 6000 miles that I would happily take $43500 for today...

my advice, if you do not want to come off of your price for whatever reason, drive it ...the reality is that a two or three year old corvette with no miles is not worth much more than one with 5000 miles on it...

best of luck in whatever you decide to do...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Rodbuster56
Instructor

It's gonna be tough to drive it around here, the weather is terrible. Did you buy your car from a dealer in NE Ill Mystical? It seems like the dealers around my area don't want to negotiate much. Good luck with your sale.

Last edited by Rodbuster56; 02-08-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
mcgraziano
Instructor

Originally Posted by john m
I dont think I am breaking forum rules since you asked... unfortunately for sellers, the used C6 market is in a bit of a slump right now...your asking price is substantially above what someone could buy a new '07 for from a dealer...as far as mods go, they are usually hard to get your money back on when you sell... as for taxes, there's no avoiding them, especially in Illinois... I have a DSOM '06 loaded up ($56500 msrp) with 6000 miles that I would happily take $43500 for today...

my advice, if you do not want to come off of your price for whatever reason, drive it ...the reality is that a two or three year old corvette with no miles is not worth much more than one with 5000 miles on it...

best of luck in whatever you decide to do...

The Forum is a good place to buy and sell. There has been a lot of threads on this subject. Selling in the fall/winter may not reap the best price. You would possibly do better in the spring/summer. Regardless, good luck, you have a very nice car with decent mods.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:13 AM
mcgraziano
Instructor

Post pictures...
(in & out)

Last edited by mcgraziano; 02-08-2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Mystical Musician
Racer

Originally Posted by Rodbuster56
It's gonna be tough to drive it around here, the weather is terrible. Did you buy your car from a dealer in NE Ill Mystical? It seems like the dealers around my area don't want to negotiate much. Good luck with your sale.
You’re absolutely right about this horribly cold weather and I cannot wait for summer! I ordered my Corvette from Woodfield Chevrolet in Schaumburg, IL and they are a stingy dealership about any discounts off of MSRP.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Mystical Musician
Racer

Originally Posted by mcgraziano

The Forum is a good place to buy and sell. There has been a lot of threads on this subject. Selling in the fall/winter may not reap the best price. You would possibly do better in the spring/summer. Regardless, good luck, you have a very nice car with decent mods.
I appreciate the good luck wishes. I definitely think I would do better selling this car come spring, but I was more interested to see where my price stood amongst our members. I realize that we have a community of bargain hunters here which is an awesome thing because it gives us all access and knowledge from a large group of informed members.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Mystical Musician
Racer

Originally Posted by john m
I dont think I am breaking forum rules since you asked... unfortunately for sellers, the used C6 market is in a bit of a slump right now...your asking price is substantially above what someone could buy a new '07 for from a dealer.
First and foremost, thank you and everyone else for there input, I greatly appreciate it. Now concerning 2007 prices, I used GM’s GMID website to calculate the cost of both a 06/07 model and they both came out to be more expensive then my asking price after taxes and before my dealer added modifications. Now I do realize that you’re never going to recoup what you actually paid for on a car when you go to sell it, but my asking price I thought was a heck of a decent deal due to the fact the car is practically brand new, and is an out the door price that doesn’t have to be taxed. If you take an 07 model, and lets say it’s the base no options Corvette selling for 39K. (guesstimate) You tack on 8.75% Illinois Cook County tax, and that comes out to be $42,412.50 which still doesn’t include title and license fees. Now if you take a 2007 Chevrolet Corvette with my exact options and get supplier pricing it comes out to be 47,116.53. Now let’s just knock off $500.00 from that price for snicks and giggles and make it $46616.53. Now let us add 8.75% tax to that and it comes out to be $50,695.48. Now of course this price doesn’t include any of the upgrades that I did to my car. That’s why I thought my asking price was fair.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:43 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Again, I don't think I'm breaking forum rules either because you asked what people thought about your price. Frankly, you can argue the merits of what you think you should get for the car, but in the end, it's up to A single buyer who will buy your car at that price.

As well stated above, you've got at least two things going against you and I would also state a third one is looming on the near term horizon.

The first two are time of year, and discounts from others. While you state what prices are, ads have shown a car similarly equipped for betw. $5K-$9K off msrp, and therefore, to me, your asking price does not make sense based on your stated msrp. Your mods mean little since most persons will discount it to less than 50 cents on the dollar or more.

And as for '06 models, on this forum we've seen selected models at up to $12K off msrp. That's a wowser when it has even less miles than yours and is brand new.

The final issue is, while spring is a much better selling climate to for car sales, your sale will be made more difficult by the fact that an improved, '08 model will probably be announced then. In fact, the info will probably be available before spring takes effect in Schaum./Chic.

As they say, it only takes one buyer. And if you choose to sell it now, I wish you every good luck.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Mystical Musician
Racer

Originally Posted by LT4CompYell
Again, I don't think I'm breaking forum rules either because you asked what people thought about your price. Frankly, you can argue the merits of what you think you should get for the car, but in the end, it's up to A single buyer who will buy your car at that price.

As well stated above, you've got at least two things going against you and I would also state a third one is looming on the near term horizon.

The first two are time of year, and discounts from others. While you state what prices are, ads have shown a car similarly equipped for betw. $5K-$9K off msrp, and therefore, to me, your asking price does not make sense based on your stated msrp. Your mods mean little since most persons will discount it to less than 50 cents on the dollar or more.

And as for '06 models, on this forum we've seen selected models at up to $12K off msrp. That's a wowser when it has even less miles than yours and is brand new.

The final issue is, while spring is a much better selling climate to for car sales, your sale will be made more difficult by the fact that an improved, '08 model will probably be announced then. In fact, the info will probably be available before spring takes effect in Schaum./Chic.

As they say, it only takes one buyer. And if you choose to sell it now, I wish you every good luck.
Very vaild points. So based on what you and others have said, what would everyone consider a fair asking price for this car? I'm not asking for best offers here (as to not break forum rules), I'm more along the lines asking what I should ask for this vehicle if I do intend on pursuing the sale of this car.
Thanks!
Old 02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

seeing as Kerbeck has 3LT coupes at $6500 off right now (which puts yours at 45,230) I would say you're looking at the low 40's, even with the mods and low miles....Not sure what you meant by the no tax statement as I know here in MA (as well as most other states) you pay sales tax when you register the vehicle....best of luck
Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I would tend to agree with gilly. Reasoning is thus: many would "expect" a discount on new car of about (arguable) $5K. Then, figure depreciation of one model year old car (actually more, but let's not quibble) of about another $5K.

If I'm close to correct, that puts the "value" at $41K-$42K. Sorry to say that. As I said, it only takes one buyer at your price, but finding that one buyer may not be so easy.

Plz activate your email on CF. I may get some other ideas from others and want to forward same.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Bruvette
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Aftermarket Modifications Interior:
• Center Console, Steering Wheel Gauge-Pod Cluster, and Door Bezels were custom painted Monterey Red. (They include GM factory warranty)

Saw pics of Monterey Red interior very nicey done.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:50 PM
4pipes
Racer

Default Forget the Corvette Forum for prices.....

The real world can be viewed on Cars.com. That's where most knowledgeable people buy and sell cars, even dealers (although they seem to pick ridiculous price points).

Get notified of new replies

To Gauging Interest: 2006 Corvette Coupe Black on Black Z51 MN6

Old 02-08-2007, 08:13 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Your car is worth $41k range...and dropping cause of the '08's having extra horsepower and new colors inside and out.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Mystical Musician
Racer

Well after careful analyzing of the current used market, the lowest price that I'd sell my Corvette at is $45,236.22. But after seeing how much my Corvette has depreciated with that price, I think I’m just going to keep her and enjoy her come this spring. I think $45K for my car is like giving her away. I haven’t even had enough time to break her in, and why would I want someone else to have that privilege when I’d be the one taking the massive hit! I appreciate everyone’s input, and for helping me out with the information.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:44 AM
DirtyZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystical Musician
Well after careful analyzing of the current used market, the lowest price that I'd sell my Corvette at is $45,236.22. But after seeing how much my Corvette has depreciated with that price, I think I’m just going to keep her and enjoy her come this spring. I think $45K for my car is like giving her away. I haven’t even had enough time to break her in, and why would I want someone else to have that privilege when I’d be the one taking the massive hit! I appreciate everyone’s input, and for helping me out with the information.

I have to know. $45,236.22. And don't forget that 22 cents. How did you come up with that number?

Perception. That's what this is about. Your car is no longer "new" in the technical sense, so you would have to take a hit for that. Go drive that thing!

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: 2006 Corvette Coupe Black on Black Z51 MN6