Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Check - Fellows Z06 for $21750?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:27 AM
SIC_C6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

scam.. always the same deal..
Old 02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
85mcss
Instructor

Originally Posted by xplocivz06
Here is the reply I received!

Hello Bill,
Thank you for inquiring about our 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 that we have for sale. The car is in great shape (12,248 miles, VIN: 1G1YY26EX75131422), has no electrical/mechanical problems, damages nor hidden defects. Also It has never been involved in any kind of accidents. Me and my husband just got approved for our loan, as we want to buy a new house (we just added another member to the family) but we are short on money, so we decided the car has to go, instead of borrowing money from family or applying for another loan! We want to mention that we have clear title for the car, and the price is $21,750 including delivery and handlings.
The car is in in Topeka, KS, as my husband got a new job here and we had to move.
We want to use PayPal for our safety and also the payment to be made using their secure Buyer Protection Program. The whole transaction will be managed by them, meaning you will benefit of a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy it. Also a refund policy is included! There are no other fees in this sale from your end!

Please let us know if you want to buy it asap!
Julie and Adam Garver
Gotta watch out for those PAYPAL setups. They will link you to a site that looks EXACTLY like paypal and even has a paypal address but is a clone that routes the money to a different account. It even had all the correct paypal links with actual Paypal contact info.

I had a workmate lose 28k cash on a paypal deal like that for a boat. The guy on the other end was completely knowlegeable about the boat and would take calls on it and send pictures all day long until the money came through and then he was gone. Stolen ID for the phone number, fake address, stolen VIN.

Moral to the story is to not release ANY funds until an IN PERSON survey is conducted.

Last edited by 85mcss; 02-07-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 PM
Billb0872
Instructor

Why don't we just forward this to the Police, let them determine the veracity.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:52 PM
JAnzilotti
1st Gear

Default Total SCAM - Stop Adam Garver

I just spoke with our buddy Adam and he is now gone. Was looking for a cadillac escalade and got this reply, look familiar?

Hello Justin,
Thank you for inquiring about our 2007 Cadillac Escalade that we have for sale. The suv is in great shape (43,636 miles, VIN: 1GYFK63877R430472), has no electrical/mechanical problems, damages nor hidden defects. Also It has never been involved in any kind of accidents. Me and my husband just got approved for our loan, as we want to buy a new house (we just added another member to the family) but we are short on money, so we decided the suv has to go, instead of borrowing money from family or applying for another loan! We want to mention that we have clear title for the suv, and the price is $21,500 including delivery and handling.
The suv is in in Topeka, KS, as my husband got a new job here and we had to move.
We want to use PayPal for our safety and also the payment to be made using their secure Buyer Protection Program. The whole transaction will be managed by them, meaning you will benefit of a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy it. Also a refund policy is included! There are no other fees in this sale from your end!
If you have any other questions please call my husband, Adam, anytime at: (785) 260-7065.

Julie and Adam Garver
Old 02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
xplocivzr1
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like Julie and Adam are pretty busy!! Just a trollin..trying to catch a fish!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:15 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Scam
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Triple White 92
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xplocivz06
Looks like Julie and Adam are pretty busy!! Just a trollin..trying to catch a fish!

Yep, trollin for any sucker fish they can get their hooks into. I was ready to catch a train to Topeka when I got this email:

Hello Mike,
Thank you for inquiring about our 2010 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT that we have for sale. The suv is in great shape (1,957 miles, VIN: 1GNZKMEG4AR256449), has no electrical/mechanical problems, damages nor hidden defects. Also It has never been involved in any kind of accidents. Me and my husband just got approved for our loan, as we want to buy a new house (we just added another member to the family) but we are short on money, so we decided the suv has to go, instead of borrowing money from family or applying for another loan! We want to mention that we have clear title for the suv, and the price is $32,000 including delivery and handling.
The suv is in in Topeka, KS, as my husband got a new job here and we had to move.
If you have any other questions please call my husband, Adam, anytime at: (785) 260-7065.

Julie and Adam Garver

I've been looking for a new 2500 to convert into a Duraburb and this price was too good to pass up. Damn, gotta keep searching.....

Mike Boggs
92 Triple white convert
97 C5 coupe
94 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/black
Old 02-17-2012, 12:39 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 776 Likes on 469 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Is this him?

http://www.mugshots.com/US-Counties/...am-Garver.html
Old 02-17-2012, 03:09 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Looks like all are in agreement that this ain't real...:

Quick Reply: Check - Fellows Z06 for $21750?