Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

*** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, 64xxx miles, $36k OBO +++

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:00 AM
maddog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default *** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, 64xxx miles, $36k OBO +++

CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE, MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE. THANKS!!

Hello -

I have a 2006 VY Z06 Ebony Interior 2LZ with 64xxx miles, asking $36k. Stock except borla quad tips - that price is with stock silver polished OEM wheels and tires. I love the car and was not planning to sell but thinking about getting into something a little different this year.

Car is under a full Chevrolet Warranty so in perfect shape electronically / mechanically and any issues (none I am aware of) can be fixed thru this warranty prior to sale. Car runs great, new brakes, and you can keep the fully transferable warranty for another 40k miles for an extra $3k if desired (I highly recommend as this would cost you $5.5k outright today). I've had a coolant reservoir issue (tow pic in signature!) and a fuel filter issue in the past that was completely fixed under existing warranty by Rick Hendrick Chevrolet. The paint is in great shape but it was bumped in a parking lot last month on left side - no dents, no damage at all except for a scratch on door panel and some small surface scratches on left side in rear which was quoted $1k total to repair.

Extras as options if buyer desires:

+ $1k - paint scratches on left side fixed to VY OEM standard by professional USAA certified shop.
+ $3K - Hendrick Chevrolet Fully Transferable High Tech (Full Coverage) Warranty to 102,226 miles or Dec 2014.
+ $2K - Professional Audio/DVD System can remain with car - JBL Amp rack, all custom speakers, backup camera, Kenwood DNX9960 touchscreen, IDQ10V3 sub custom fit in rear behind driver seat
+ $3k - swap stock rims for wheels in signature pic (19/20s deep dish) and almost new Nitto Invo tires (http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-3...and-sport.aspx).

Title in hand, Atlanta, Georgia. Fairly priced, but I realize it's a buyer's market and willing to negotiate - I don't need to sell, but will if it makes sense. I'll plan to post some more pics in the next few days if there's interest. Good luck in your search, you can reach me via PM.

Matthew

Last edited by maddog; 04-24-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: CLOSE THREAD
Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 AM
SSSUPRA
Advanced

I'm looking for a C6Z for a track/auto-x car so the miles aren't really an issue for me but the paint however may be. These yellow cars are extremely difficult to color match and I've seen a few with less miles go for only a slightly higher price but im interested in seeing some pics.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 AM
maddog
Pro

Originally Posted by SSSUPRA
I'm looking for a C6Z for a track/auto-x car so the miles aren't really an issue for me but the paint however may be. These yellow cars are extremely difficult to color match and I've seen a few with less miles go for only a slightly higher price but im interested in seeing some pics.
Thanks for the post - I'll get some pictures today or tomorrow and get them up. It was a small insurance claim with USAA - the only claim with the car, and a quote by the Chevy dealer's recommended center that does high-end cars. USAA 100% guarantees satisfaction to paint match or they'll do it again so that should not be an issue if that is concern.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 AM
c5goodlife
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Curious about your Kenwood DNX9960 touchscreen. What others did you consider? You can PM me so I don't clutter up your sale ad. Sorry!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
350z4lyfe
Racer

any pics
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 PM
notlikemez06
Advanced

Pics pics please Im in Fla. Wanting a yellow z just sold my 2002 z06 so im going thru withdrawals. . Thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 11:27 AM
maddog
Pro

Originally Posted by c5goodlife
Curious about your Kenwood DNX9960 touchscreen. What others did you consider? You can PM me so I don't clutter up your sale ad. Sorry!
PM Sent
Old 04-10-2012, 05:28 PM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If it was any other color I would have already picked it up from you. Of course you would be right down the street too, lol. GLWS!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:14 PM
maddog
Pro

As requested, here are some pictures of the Z06. Tires on stock rims are Goodyear Eagle F1 EMTs with about 8-10k miles on them. Tires on Aftermarket Wheels are Nitto Invos with about 8k miles on them. These pictures were taken this morning in the sunlight which is the least forgiving to the color. Overall in excellent shape, available for sale until cash in hand. If you want any other specific pictures, please let me know, thanks.

Matthew

Last edited by maddog; 04-11-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:27 PM
maddog
Pro

Here are the pics of the scratches on the left side. I tried to get them to show as much as possible in the photo - these scratches on the left rear are not touched up with anything - a clear coat stick would remove a solid majority of it. I can have this fixed for the extra $1000 as mentioned in the original post. I am detailed and picky !

Last edited by maddog; 04-11-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:35 PM
maddog
Pro

Here are other photos of the car taken previously with the stock wheels:

Old 04-12-2012, 08:13 PM
SSSUPRA
Advanced

Follow up pm sent.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:34 AM
0Cajun @ Edgyvette
Former Vendor

Received 393 Likes on 286 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12'-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by maddog
All PM's replied to. A few notes to some common questions regarding the sale:

I have a great relationship with my vendors (dealership, tires, audio, etc) so I'm happy to sell in whatever fashion the buyer desires regarding the options above - please know however that my bottom dollar I am willing to go is $35K stock plus whatever the buyer wants as additions at the prices above. Anything less and I'm happy to keep the car and I am serious about that - please no $32k offers. I have two chevy dealerships in my area that offered me more than that in easy check form for the stock car to put it on their lot. Car is for sale, first $35k for the stock version with Borlas gets it.

Here is the link to CarFax:
http://www.carfaxonline.com/cfm/Disp...E365103637#%23.

As you can see, there are no accidents to the vehicle and the bump in the parking lot that happened last month hasn't appeared yet. Please note, other than the recent bump in the parking lot (causing only very minor scratches, no dents or damage whatsoever), neither owners are aware of any accidents. In full disclosure, we found another CarFax report that showed a minor incident to the front right bumper of the car back in May 2007 and we're trying to confirm if that's correct, sources say that is inaccurate data but it appears to say the front right bumper was fixed. There is still a full high-tech transferable warranty on the car if anyone desires a full, thorough inspection on the car before purchase.

The audio was professionally installed - there are no new holes drilled on the car for the installation and I can revert it back to stock in a day. Same for the wheels of course. The car has had a color-matching speed lingerie bra on for most of its life, so the front bumper is in great shape and there is honestly no coloration issue - I have had that checked.

I'll get some more pics of the scratches tomorrow and post. The mark on the driver's door is noticeable, the marks on the back left of the car are relatively minor and relatively not noticed unless you look for them. They have never been touched up.

Regards,

Matthew
Really excellent guy to deal with. Someone is going to steal this car at this price
Old 04-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

PM sent
Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 PM
maddog
Pro

Replied

Originally Posted by Brandon619
PM sent
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18 PM
66CorvetteCoupe
Pro

Originally Posted by maddog
Hello -

I have a 2006 VY Z06 Ebony Interior 2LZ with 64xxx miles, asking $36k. Stock except borla quad tips - that price is with stock silver polished OEM wheels and tires. I love the car and was not planning to sell but thinking about getting into something a little different this year.

Car is under a full Chevrolet Warranty so in perfect shape electronically / mechanically and any issues (none I am aware of) can be fixed thru this warranty prior to sale. Car runs great, new brakes, and you can keep the fully transferable warranty for another 40k miles for an extra $3k if desired (I highly recommend as this would cost you $5.5k outright today). I've had a coolant reservoir issue (tow pic in signature!) and a fuel filter issue in the past that was completely fixed under existing warranty by Rick Hendrick Chevrolet. The paint is in great shape but it was bumped in a parking lot last month on left side - no dents, no damage at all except for a scratch on door panel and some small surface scratches on left side in rear which was quoted $1k total to repair.

Extras as options if buyer desires:

+ $1k - paint scratches on left side fixed to VY OEM standard by professional USAA certified shop.
+ $3K - Hendrick Chevrolet Fully Transferable High Tech (Full Coverage) Warranty to 102,226 miles or Dec 2014.
+ $2K - Professional Audio/DVD System can remain with car - JBL Amp rack, all custom speakers, backup camera, Kenwood DNX9960 touchscreen, IDQ10V3 sub custom fit in rear behind driver seat
+ $3k - swap stock rims for wheels in signature pic (19/20s deep dish) and almost new Nitto Invo tires (http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-3...and-sport.aspx).

Title in hand, Atlanta, Georgia. Fairly priced, but I realize it's a buyer's market and willing to negotiate - I don't need to sell, but will if it makes sense. I'll plan to post some more pics in the next few days if there's interest. Good luck in your search, you can reach me via PM.

Matthew
This car looks familiar; when I saw the Pendergrass Ga info i knew that was Mike and Debs old car. Good luck with the sale it is indeed a clean car and was in great shape. This will bump you back up to the top.

Get notified of new replies

To *** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, 64xxx miles, $36k OBO +++

Quick Reply: *** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, 64xxx miles, $36k OBO +++