Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB C6 zo6 realistic price (continued)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:41 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

i don't know why that thread was closed. price discussion imo needs to be done more. these cars are all about money, it's really all that matters

sooo....why are there so many rules about not doing it?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:25 AM
BRISLS1
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '14,’19

I would hate to say the Corvettes are all about money, since there are so many more expensive competitors. I loved walking away from an older 911 driver at my health club who was saying his car "probably makes more power than your Corvette". Partly, because he was wrong, but also because he spent double on his car.

That said, I am a fiend for the Carmax website. I love seeing so many deals in a list and drooling over the good ones. My humble take, the Z06's are commanding strong prices and will continue to, as the C7 gets out and gets its power upgrades. If I get yet another Carmax Z06, I will fight harder this time over the mileage. Just tonight, I see two 2008s listed with the same price and 10,000 miles of difference. Now, not all miles are the same as we know, but from a web page, I can't know if one was tracked and the other was driven to church.

Hurrah for the fiscal cliff. Stock futures are up. Maybe we all sell our shares and can afford more Corvettes with the profits!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
i don't know why that thread was closed. price discussion imo needs to be done more. these cars are all about money, it's really all that matters

sooo....why are there so many rules about not doing it?
I don't know why either...but I want to get to the bottom of this because I'm not interested in over paying and getting shafted on the price drop. That's for the current owners to realize that loss not me... So lets keep it going

I need to find the other thread so I can repost those auction prices someone listed for each model.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Dr Gordon
I don't know why either...but I want to get to the bottom of this because I'm not interested in over paying and getting shafted on the price drop. That's for the current owners to realize that loss not me... So lets keep it going

I need to find the other thread so I can repost those auction prices someone listed for each model.
Here's a link to the other thread that was closed. It was closed because the thread originator got the car he was trying to buy. At that point, it was no longer a buying/selling thread. It was also getting a little heated.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...tic-price.html

If it's not a buying/selling thread, there are more appropriate places for it.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 01-02-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Mig233
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm also interested in a C6Z. Low miles, and unmolested. Preferably stock, but mild bolt ons are fine too. I am located in NJ and willing to travel for the right deal.

I agree with Doc about the purpose of this thread, and how it is interesting and necessary to discuss the market. This is a forum right? But lately, there are a lot of internet smart asses that ruin the whole dynamic. Owning a Vette or being a Corvette enthusiast should bond people together. Some people make it seem like a pissing contest. As always, a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Anyway, as are some of you, I'm excited about the C7 and possibly becoming a Corvette owner in the near future!!

Last edited by Mig233; 01-02-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:45 PM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just go to auction, and get your auction car?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by BRISLS1
I would hate to say the Corvettes are all about money, since there are so many more expensive competitors. I loved walking away from an older 911 driver at my health club who was saying his car "probably makes more power than your Corvette". Partly, because he was wrong, but also because he spent double on his car.

\
by all about money i mean that price is all that matters. like any material object we assign a set value to them. cars, at least most modern cars drop year by year so staying on top of their current value is something anyone in the buying market should be aware of.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 AM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just don't think GM will be able to put as much car into the C7 base as they have in the C6Z. It just doesn't compute. After driving both I can say that the Z is a beast of a car!

I don't think that C7 will drop prices too much, however I don't think the prices being offered here are realistic.

(44K for a 2006?! Come on...)
Old 01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wolf8218
I don't think that C7 will drop prices too much, however I don't think the prices being offered here are realistic.
Disagree.

If you can buy a brand new C7 with Z06-like performance and more modern styling, with a full warranty and preferential borrowing rates - why would you buy a 3-4 model year old car with expiring warranty, fewer interior perks for a similar monthly payment (ie you pay less for the used car price, but pay more in financing costs)?

I'm not here to nitpick, but the New Gen will drive used prices down as long as it's not a total bomb. Right now, there's very little difference between the C6Z06 years - but the C7 will be obvious. Many people will buy the C7 just because it's new, or because the interior should be better, or because of the warranty, or because of the looks; probably much more than the number of people who would pay similar pricing for a used Z06 because of the look (and outdated interior, and similar performance, and OMH-I-hope-it's-not-modded, the expiring warranty, etc).

MOST people finance at least part of these purchases, and interest rates are heavily skewed towards newer, lower mile cars from dealers for lower rates (1.9% from a dealer vs 3.5% private seller for the same money?) - which makes many of these "$44K 2006's" unapproachable to a lot of people. I noted that when I was researching last year; it was simply cheaper to buy a newer car.

We have to not think about what *we* as individuals would prefer - but what the typical buyer would. Obviously I'm here because I'm dreaming of another Z06, but I would consider the C7 if it's a smart enough move financially. So unless the C6Z is well into the LOW $40's (or very low miles) to make it a convincing sale - IMHO many people may not want to / can't afford to take that trade.

Again, IMHO, this will necessarily create a drop in price for the typical Z' sales for those cars to remain competitive (and actually sell).

Last edited by Random84; 01-03-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

I just don't think GM will be able to put as much car into the C7 base as they have in the C6Z. It just doesn't compute. After driving both I can say that the Z is a beast of a car!

Yeah but you JUST bought your car so you're singing a different tune like the rest of them. Last week you were telling me how you agreed on the depreciation from the c7 release? Lol
Old 01-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Originally Posted by Random84
Disagree.

If you can buy a brand new C7 with Z06-like performance and more modern styling, with a full warranty and preferential borrowing rates - why would you buy a 3-4 model year old car with expiring warranty, fewer interior perks for a similar monthly payment (ie you pay less for the used car price, but pay more in financing costs)?

I'm not here to nitpick, but the New Gen will drive used prices down as long as it's not a total bomb. Right now, there's very little difference between the C6Z06 years - but the C7 will be obvious. Many people will buy the C7 just because it's new, or because the interior should be better, or because of the warranty, or because of the looks; probably much more than the number of people who would pay similar pricing for a used Z06 because of the look (and outdated interior, and similar performance, and OMH-I-hope-it's-not-modded, the expiring warranty, etc).

MOST people finance at least part of these purchases, and interest rates are heavily skewed towards newer, lower mile cars from dealers for lower rates (1.9% from a dealer vs 3.5% private seller for the same money?) - which makes many of these "$44K 2006's" unapproachable to a lot of people. I noted that when I was researching last year; it was simply cheaper to buy a newer car.

We have to not think about what *we* as individuals would prefer - but what the typical buyer would. Obviously I'm here because I'm dreaming of another Z06, but I would consider the C7 if it's a smart enough move financially. So unless the C6Z is well into the LOW $40's (or very low miles) to make it a convincing sale - IMHO many people may not want to / can't afford to take that trade.

Again, IMHO, this will necessarily create a drop in price for the typical Z' sales for those cars to remain competitive (and actually sell).
Isn't is just crazy how some here will try and argue other wise??? Like how the heck do you figure? Ever seen a new release not drastically effect the last models value - almost never! Only in European cars and vipers (not so much anymore either).

I bet 70% of the current c6z owners don't sell their cars, because their prices belong in neverland.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 AM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

I don't know why either...but I want to get to the bottom of this because I'm not interested in over paying android getting shafted on the price drop. That's for the current owners to realize that loss not me... So lets keep it going

Why not just go to auction, and get your auction car, hahaha?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but you JUST bought your car so you're singing a different tune like the rest of them. Last week you were telling me how you agreed on the depreciation from the c7 release? Lol
Not at all, I still think they will decrease, just not as much as people are saying. They won't drop like rocks.

In fact, I never mentioned the post C7 price drop at all. All I said about the C7 in that thread was that it wouldn't be as good of a performance value as a C6Z. I just checked each one of my posts in that thread.

This is why I bought my C6Z last week.

0_o you smokin something man?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Isn't is just crazy how some here will try and argue other wise??? Like how the heck do you figure? Ever seen a new release not drastically effect the last models value - almost never! Only in European cars and vipers (not so much anymore either).

I bet 70% of the current c6z owners don't sell their cars, because their prices belong in neverland.
I think what creates the discrepancy is the attraction many people have for their own cars. After all, many sellers here liked these cars enough to pay $70K or more brand new without significant worry of depreciation. How many thought they'd keep their car forever? I did.

The Z06 is an icon, and to many their "dream car" (I know it is for me) - so all thinks being equal I could see myself taking the older, used Z06 just because I preference them. We enthusiasts are ONLY looking at C6 Z06's, and might pay a premium for the right color, trim level or mileage.

But nationally, averaged out over ALL buyers, these loyalists are a small percentage of actual buyers, so IMHO that's why you get the extremes: hardliners who can't sell below X because the car is worth it (on an enthusiast site no less!), and then you have people who want a good value for various reasons and are willing to look at several options or even different brands depending on the overall package...

Again, IMHO, the latter is far more common - prices will go down.

Last edited by Random84; 01-04-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 PM
RT2SJB
Pro

Default 29k

Jordan Motorcars in San Antonio TX has a high milage z06 for 29K. Go to www.jordanmotorcars.net for details.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Here's one for you:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...508056181.html
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by RT2SJB
Jordan Motorcars in San Antonio TX has a high milage z06 for 29K. Go to www.jordanmotorcars.net for details.
Looked, but didn't find it. Direct link?

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C6 zo6 realistic price (continued)

Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 250 Posts

44K for a 2006 is a good deal what are you talking about? J/K
The classic line associated with those unrealistic prices includes " I don't need to sell " or this has to be the best of the bunch " price will go back up if I don't sell this week " Really, I have never seen this anywhere where the seller would threaten the buyer/customer with that kind of BS..

If I were buying a vette, I would wait and see what C7 has to offer.

Last edited by CDNZR; 01-04-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Qmax03
Advanced

I dont know how some people have a BEAUTIFUL 07 Z06 for $43k
and then right under it someone else is asking $50k for the same car

LOL .....

Those 50k Z06 will be on the MARKET FOR A LONG TIME...

Realistically a 06 Z with 30-40k miles should be going for 34k not a penny more..

Then you have people who think if they have put $50k into their cars they need to get back ATLEAST 1/2 of their money LOL... When will people learn that MODIFICATION that are that EXTREME do not add value ! unless you have that certain guy who wanted that exact same setup with is hard to come by .
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Qmax03
Advanced

I cant wait for the C7 release, so these C6s can drop in prices and all the owners will realize what no matter how nice YOUR car is... it isnt going to hold that much value 7 years later

Quick Reply: WTB C6 zo6 realistic price (continued)