Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB C6 zo6 realistic price (continued)

Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 AM
BRISLS1
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11, '14,’19

Thanks for the clarity RACEBUM. I confess, I stare at prices like a hawk lately.

One thing I saw today, McMulkin listed a 427 Convertible at nearly the same or less than a Grand Sport, brand new. That seemed strange to me. I would think the bigger motor and the drop top would make it more. Maybe I misread the listing.

I am thinking the C7 will knock other models down, as has been said here.
I got creamed hard on my 2002 Coupe, buying high and giving it away. I think I would get back much more of my investment on the 04 Z06. So whatever happens, it just seems to me, you can buy much more if you know you can get out whole.

I appreciate the reminder about financing older cars. I am getting a bit ripped on my 2007 Cadillac.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Gordon
I don't know why either...but I want to get to the bottom of this because I'm not interested in over paying and getting shafted on the price drop. That's for the current owners to realize that loss not me... So lets keep it going

I need to find the other thread so I can repost those auction prices someone listed for each model.
I have been a dealer for 15+ years (owner) the fourm continues to crack me up over what people want to pay for a nice car.

I dont like to post auction results but i wiil this time to help you all out. Yesterday at manheim pa 2 black z06's sold:

1. 2007 2lz with nav and chromes perfect car 14k miles but needed 4 tires 41,500+ 550 auction fee

2. 2008 2lz w nav and chromes perfect car with 4 new tires 17k miles 44,000 + 550 auction fee

This is at the largest dealer only auction in the country........also when you are knocking dealers asking prices, dont forget all our other expenses involved in selling theses cars (ie transportation, inspection, recon, floor plan fees, interest, insurance, advertising...........and many more)

Would love to know your opinions on what is a "fair" profit on that 40-45k car by a dealer?
Old 01-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Lemish
I have been a dealer for 15+ years (owner) the fourm continues to crack me up over what people want to pay for a nice car.

I dont like to post auction results but i wiil this time to help you all out. Yesterday at manheim pa 2 black z06's sold:

1. 2007 2lz with nav and chromes perfect car 14k miles but needed 4 tires 41,500+ 550 auction fee

2. 2008 2lz w nav and chromes perfect car with 4 new tires 17k miles 44,000 + 550 auction fee

This is at the largest dealer only auction in the country........also when you are knocking dealers asking prices, dont forget all our other expenses involved in selling theses cars (ie transportation, inspection, recon, floor plan fees, interest, insurance, advertising...........and many more)

Would love to know your opinions on what is a "fair" profit on that 40-45k car by a dealer?

Man.... My pm box filled up quick..... Please do not ask me to look up auction results for you. Auction results are about as useless as carfax in determining a cars value. Condition means everything in the valuation of a car, the reason i shared these two results is they were both "cream puff" clean examples that i know and could accuratley describe condition/options for an accurate market value.

Thanks
Kyle
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM
important
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wolf8218
I just don't think GM will be able to put as much car into the C7 base as they have in the C6Z. It just doesn't compute. After driving both I can say that the Z is a beast of a car!

I don't think that C7 will drop prices too much, however I don't think the prices being offered here are realistic.

(44K for a 2006?! Come on...)
I just checked the dealers' auction.

On the 3rd, an 06Z with 16,600 miles in "above average" condition sold for $39,500 plus fees.

I dont think it would be unreasonable to ask $1,000 more for a 10kmi car. And another grand for a car with a known history, original owner, forum member etc.

Buying car from auction carries a lot of unknowns. The post sale inspection is actually very basic.

On 01/04, an 07Z with 14,215 miles in "above average" condition sold for $41,500 plus fees.

When buying, I would be willing to spend a couple grand more for a personally owned car with a known history.

*Edit. Just saw the post above mine.

To add to the list.
2008Zs both in "above average" condition.
Sold on 11/20/12 13k miles for $48,297 plus fees.
Sold on 12/04/12 14k miles for $45,300 plus fees.

Last edited by important; 01-05-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM
zeeohh6ex
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump more cars
Old 01-08-2013, 06:48 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I do find it funny all the low ballers tell you how cheap the cars are selling for and that the price will drop but they don't have a car yet because they can't find one of the deals they quote themselves. sure a few will sell way below their value but it is often because a seller is desperate. just because a few sellers sold cars too cheap doesn't mean that is what most of the cars are selling for or what they are worth. the dirt cheap cars are few and far between if they were so common a few in here would be owners and not here complaining about how people are asking too much.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
zeeohh6ex
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2000FRCZ19
I do find it funny all the low ballers tell you how cheap the cars are selling for and that the price will drop but they don't have a car yet because they can't find one of the deals they quote themselves. sure a few will sell way below their value but it is often because a seller is desperate. just because a few sellers sold cars too cheap doesn't mean that is what most of the cars are selling for or what they are worth. the dirt cheap cars are few and far between if they were so common a few in here would be owners and not here complaining about how people are asking too much.

you don't have one either
Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

You will always find a car that sells below the "normal" price. Lots of reasons....divorce, job loss, moving, etc.

If you're patient, and flexible on options and color you can grab one of those. I know, because I have done that myself. Other times, I pay the going price for a car, if it's exactly what I want, or I don't feel like waiting.

But just because some people are desperate and let their cars go cheap, that doesn't mean that a new bar has been set. And it doesn't mean that everyone on the forum who tries to sell their car at roughly the market price is too high. Percentage wise the amount of desperate sellers is pretty low.
As was said above, if desperation deals were easy to find, you would all be out driving them instead of being here on the forum bashing everyone's asking price.

And yes, I do own them.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by zeeohh6ex
you don't have one either
actually I do. its also had the famous guide problems that has been repaired for the last 8000 miles. while you dream of driving one I will be actually driving mine anytime I please. my car...........

you assumed I don't have one just like you assume people should sell their car now dirt cheap so you can afford one before the market actually does drop in the future. the c7 is still a little way off. they are releasing pics but you will not be able to go get one for a while. if you want a cheap z wait till next winter. right now is too soon for the deals you are looking for.

Last edited by 2000FRCZ19; 01-08-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Lemish
Man.... My pm box filled up quick..... Please do not ask me to look up auction results for you. Auction results are about as useless as carfax in determining a cars value. Condition means everything in the valuation of a car, the reason i shared these two results is they were both "cream puff" clean examples that i know and could accuratley describe condition/options for an accurate market value.

Thanks
Kyle
i would think it would depend on the area. in my area so many dealers will walk people into the auction {if they can} let someone pick out a car and do it all for $300-500

trade ins are where i would think the money on used cars would be. lot of manheim stuff when i looked at it last year was within spitting distance of ebay. real real similar prices from corvettes to civics
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM
Mig233
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

feel good about making a jackass out of yourself? I payed cash for my last c5z also but who cares. its not about who has what and how much. its about what the cars are worth at this time not what they will be worth in a year. if you want that market you will have to wait for it.
For the record, I agree with you 2000FRC. But let's relax with the hostility here guys.

First off, everyone is looking for a good deal. No one wants to overpay for ANYTHING, much less a $50k DEPRECIATING ASSET!!!!! It's called market value because that is what MOST people are paying. If most people were paying $40k for a Z06, that wouldn't be a GOOD deal now would it. It would be an AVERAGE deal...come on people, simply rules of logic and statistics apply here.

Second, is make no mistakes about it...cars are NOT investments. They are superfluous toys. No one NEEDS a Corvette. So to talk about Corvettes like it's a savings account is ridiculous. Anyone depleting their bank account for a flashy mode of transportation is just as crazy as someone lighting a pile of money on fire, because they like the way the flame looks.

Third...let's relax with the "I'm richer than you" nonsense. Fact is, maybe 3% of Corvette owners are actually RICH. Rich meaning they don't think twice about dropping $100k on a depreciating asset simply for pleasure, and the love of the car. NEWSFLASH, if money was no object to Corvette owners, THEY WOULDN'T BE CORVETTE OWNERS! They would be on Lambopower instead of Corvetteforum. The Vette is about bang for the BUCK.

Last, I love when people talk about paying cash for a car. Especially as a seller, when a buyer says "I'll pay you cash, today." Then show up with a bank check. When I say cash, I mean cash... bills in a duffle bag. When are people going to realize that if you give someone a check, the seller doesn't care if it comes from you (bank check) or a bank (a loan).

2000FRC, sweet ride. As for anyone else with a chip on their shoulder...vent in therapy, and PAY them to listen to your insecurities.

Last edited by Mig233; 01-09-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 AM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Mig233
For the record, I agree with you 2000FRC. But let's relax with the hostility here guys.

First off, everyone is looking for a good deal. No one wants to overpay for ANYTHING, much less a $50k DEPRECIATING ASSET!!!!! It's called market value because that is what MOST people are paying. If most people were paying $40k for a Z06, that wouldn't be a GOOD deal now would it. It would be an AVERAGE deal...come on people, simply rules of logic and statistics apply here.

Second, is make no mistakes about it...cars are NOT investments. They are superfluous toys. No one NEEDS a Corvette. So to talk about Corvettes like it's a savings account is ridiculous. Anyone depleting their bank account for a flashy mode of transportation is just as crazy as someone lighting a pile of money on fire, because they like the way the flame looks.

Third...let's relax with the "I'm richer than you" nonsense. Fact is, maybe 3% of Corvette owners are actually RICH. Rich meaning they don't think twice about dropping $100k on a depreciating asset simply for pleasure, and the love of the car. NEWSFLASH, if money was no object to Corvette owners, THEY WOULDN'T BE CORVETTE OWNERS! They would be on Lambopower instead of Corvetteforum. The Vette is about bang for the BUCK.

Last, I love when people talk about paying cash for a car. Especially as a seller, when a buyer says "I'll pay you cash, today." Then show up with a bank check. When I say cash, I mean cash... bills in a duffle bag. When are people going to realize that if you give someone a check, the seller doesn't care if it comes from you (bank check) or a bank (a loan).

2000FRC, sweet ride. As for anyone else with a chip on their shoulder...vent in therapy, and PAY them to listen to your insecurities.
I was kidding with him. I said not to take it personal. as for therapy, therapy is for pussies and people that can't handle or deal with real life in the real world. I don't have insecurities because I accept life for what it is and deal with my own problems as the come up. if more people would learn that life isn't always perfect and to deal with it, they would be much better off. in the end I was kidding with him and I did offer him luck and hope he finds what he is looking for.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

when I said cash I mentioned cash in hand as in paper bills. I had to go to three banks to get it. for the record I am by no means rich. I work long hours to get everything I have and I have been dirt poor before in life. I don't look down on anyone that makes effort in life. some have more than others but it doesn't make them any better than anyone else.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 AM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread has turned into a monster with no relevant information.

All I can recommend is that both buyer AND seller be flexible in their prices. I was looking for 42, I got it for 43. Case closed. Next?

If you're looking for a 2006 Z06 there are plenty (NOT ON THIS FORUM) for a good price. If you are looking for a 2008 you might have to do some hunting. Or some convincing to the people asking for 47 on their high mileage 07's...
Old 01-09-2013, 03:17 PM
EAGLEMANIAC99
Instructor

Here is the link to my slightly modded '09 machine silver Z06

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ne-silver.html
Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Where in Texas?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has turned into a monster with no relevant information.

All I can recommend is that both buyer AND seller be flexible in their prices. I was looking for 42, I got it for 43. Case closed. Next?

If you're looking for a 2006 Z06 there are plenty (NOT ON THIS FORUM) for a good price. If you are looking for a 2008 you might have to do some hunting. Or some convincing to the people asking for 47 on their high mileage 07's...
It's like the Z06 subforum - you'll have a bunch of old dudes arguing with each other even though they kind of sort of actually agree, and then wondering why people get pissed off because they laced a post with a few handfuls of condescending insults (again, while arguing over the nuances of mostly agreeing with one another).

Inevitably, there is the who-owns-what, who paid cash, BS (not 2000FRCZ19's first rodeo on this account), the insults and pretentiousness followed by a paraphrasing of "I said not to take it personal!" You know, the usual tangents of character assassination substituted in for logic with a back-tracking after people read their posts later in a thread based largely on opinions and empirical observations anyway. I think nitpicking someone's grammar is next?

That is the beauty of the internet: we're all entitled to our opinions until you disagree with someone, then **** gets real!

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C6 zo6 realistic price (continued)

Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 AM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree and also about the Z06 forum. I'd just like to find a knowledgeable and technically savvy community for my new C6Z. It seems like most of the guys there take their car in to the dealership to change the oil.... Geez.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 AM
zeeohh6ex
Burning Brakes

i agree and also about the z06 forum. I'd just like to find a knowledgeable and technically savvy community for my new c6z. It seems like most of the guys there take their car in to the dealership to change the oil.... Geez.

++1
Old 01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
zeeohh6ex
Burning Brakes

http://www.colemanbuickgmc.com/Vehic...-NJ/1905009103

gonna go check this out today maybe offer 45 we'll see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB C6 zo6 realistic price (continued)