Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)

Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

I don't get what the discussion is about? Resale value is determined by the market.

The reality is that many of the people that are selling Vettes don't need the money so they aren't in a hurry and that drives up the asking prices. And eventually when all of the used ones have high prices, then that becomes the price at which you can purchase one for.

If it gets to a point where the buyers are not desperate either and they refuse to pay the high prices in mass, eventually some sellers will in fact lower their price and effectively reset the market value.

GL
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Doc- you can get a 08-11 M3 now for low-mid 30's all day. I'd do that. Otherwise, there are abour 5 black 07-08 Z06's on autotrader with 50-60k miles for 37k. get one of them.

Otherwise wait 6 months for the C7 to be out. Prices will drop 4k in my opinion.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

So auction prices can be used to determine a fair and reasonable market price for a private party purchase? What exactly is poster looking for? I'm on the hunt, and it seems as if there aren't that many to choose from. I was thinking the c7 would push the c6z down in price some. But with no performance version in the forseeable future, c7 might not have that initial affect. Especially if you read any of the threads in c6z section where for the most part the c6z guys aren't going to trade up for the base. They seem to want to enjoy the car they now have and wait a couple years to see what z version of the c7 is coming. When a performance c7 gets released, then the c6z will see more downward pressure and become more affordable.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Stiman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm simply tired of seeing the same thread over and over. I'm enjoying my car and I'm not a person that is worried constantly about his house value. When it's time to sell, I will look at auction prices or what the educated dreamers here tell me it's worth and then add $5k
Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiman
I'm simply tired of seeing the same thread over and over. I'm enjoying my car and I'm not a person that is worried constantly about his house value. When it's time to sell, I will look at auction prices or what the educated dreamers here tell me it's worth and then add $5k
Then quit looking. If you're a slap happy owner then why are you perusing the classifieds?

Everyone in here knows what you'll do. There's no need to wow us with the obvious. Then you can be like the others who have done the same and wait out the storm or settle for what buyers are willing to pay.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:25 PM
mrwrenchphd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Gordon
Well as the title says. They closed my last thread because someone else had bad language?? I thought they were supposed to get reprimanded, not my thread? anyways, I only got to see one car, so I'm still looking. I want to keep this discussion going since we should all know what a fair price is right now. Seems very grey.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poser
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Stiman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
Then quit looking. If you're a slap happy owner then why are you perusing the classifieds?

Everyone in here knows what you'll do. There's no need to wow us with the obvious. Then you can be like the others who have done the same and wait out the storm or settle for what buyers are willing to pay.
Who are you again? What kind of vette do you drive? Why can't I look at the classifieds again (notice I didn't say the wtb threads)?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

so you look at where cars are selling, then add 5k so your car doesn't sell

mmm kay...
Old 01-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Who are you again? What kind of vette do you drive? Why can't I look at the classifieds again (notice I didn't say the wtb threads)?
Nice try on playing the semantics card. No need to be mad. I was merely suggesting you not look in the C6 For Sale Section because you specifically mentioned your distaste for seeing threads such as this, which in fact, can be found in this particular sub-forum.

Regardless of who I am, I do not currently own a Corvette. However, I fully intend to which is why threads such as this are relatively important to me.

Personally, I've been in the market for 3 months or so now. I'm in no hurry as this car will be a toy for me. I missed an '06 for $39,995 that was located in northern Florida. The car had 40k miles on it and was a one owner. I'm not really hung up on year model, just looking for a solid car to enjoy.

I've talked to several sellers on this forum via phone, text, and email. Most people here actually know what they have and are interested in selling it. Amidst all my shopping, I've driven 3 cars. I have to decide to get a bolt-on car or to opt for a stock car and enjoy the upgrades myself. I'll probably do the latter unless a stock car really grabs my attention.

Thanks for your personal interest in my affairs. I'm flattered to say the least.

Maybe I missed your introduction thread as well?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 PM
UniTink72
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
Personally, I've been in the market for 3 months or so now. I'm in no hurry as this car will be a toy for me. I missed an '06 for $39,995 that was located in northern Florida. The car had 40k miles on it and was a one owner.
That doesn't seem like that good of a deal to me. Last summer I passed on a 18k mile '06 for $40,500. Good car, just got scared about the title situation. Just saw a black '06 at a Minnesota dealer 12K miles for $40k. Time is on our side!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:52 PM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey guys, I've been reading forums on here for a while but am now actually in the hunt for a Z06 (Maybe a V coupe or ZL1). I don't see what the fuss is. For what your getting most of the Z's I've seen are pretty well priced. Alot of them are lower then KBB value. Maybe it has something to do with where you live idk, in seattle all vettes, camaros etc, are over kbb and always higher in comparison to the ones on here or ls1tech. From personal experience I worry when someone is asking alot less then book value. Most everyone wants to make as much as they can when selling a vehicle.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 AM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by tbrenny33
Hey guys, I've been reading forums on here for a while but am now actually in the hunt for a Z06 (Maybe a V coupe or ZL1). I don't see what the fuss is. For what your getting most of the Z's I've seen are pretty well priced. Alot of them are lower then KBB value. Maybe it has something to do with where you live idk, in seattle all vettes, camaros etc, are over kbb and always higher in comparison to the ones on here or ls1tech. From personal experience I worry when someone is asking alot less then book value. Most everyone wants to make as much as they can when selling a vehicle.
kbb depends on the car and has been inaccurate with corvette, the biggest clue is dealers selling at what kbb calls "trade in". if you want a good laugh look at kbb c5 prices. if we're talking 2007 civic kbb is accurate, they just aren't with corvette or with older cars, like mid 90s stuff that's condition dependent. they read low on most of that stuff

edmunds is closer now that their prices have crept up but they are still just a hair lower than most closes i've spoken with
Old 01-19-2013, 12:30 AM
tbrenny33
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Edmunds being closer cuz the prices crept up, kinda biased!! Regardless most people are going to use KBB, NADA, edmunds (they're all pretty close in their values) as their source of market value just like dealers and loan officers. I'm absolutely going to pay for a good car, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't pay 7+ grand more then book value for a stock car, that's over 5 years old. By the way I just compared edmunds to KBB almost identical!! Trade ins are always low but they have to make a profit, it is a business. I personally think most of the vette prices on here are pretty reasonable and I'd trust buying from most of you way more then from an auction!!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:59 AM
kpride
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

well, let the guy be, let the guy be....

some people don't want to read about certain things on the forum...

dont post that you dont want to see the thread, just dont read it and post anything!

like i said, if he wants to post about this, then he will and let him be, let him be....

lol
Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Qmax03
Advanced

My Brother In Law Upstate NY just picked up 07 Z06 Silver with 29K miles, Bone Stock, 2nd owner, the car is a 2LZ. I inspected the car myself, its 9 out of 10 ... Has minor rock chips in the usual areas.. nothing Bad , and some wear on the driver seat ( heavy person might have owned the car before this guy ) nothing that you wont see on 99% of Used cars... Runs Great.. Nitto Invo all around with 90% meat... He got the car for $35.5k ..

Owner told us that he was looking to get a C7 as soon as it came out.. I spoke to him for a while, and he agreed that once the C7 is in production the C6Z will flood the market and values will drop.. I mean ive been seeing the SAME C6Z's on autotrader / Cars.com / Craigslist / forums... for the last 6 months with no hits.. it wont get any better when the C7 is released.

My .02 Cents..
Old 01-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Gaspassing
Heel & Toe

My first post. I will probably get laughed off or banned from the forum, so maybe this is my last. I first should say that I am also looking at a C6 z06 as I think the price point on these make them incredible bargains. I know they have been considered great bargains all along.
I firmly believe that these cars, just like any other objects, are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. That being said I don't believe that someone selling a car has to accept a suboptimal offer if they don't think that the offer is fair
I also think that the auction price for a car is completely valid in determining market value as the dealers who buy these cars aren't going to keep them. These cars are being flipped some % higher than the auction price correct? What makes that more interesting is the fact that someone sold the car to another dealer at that price. That being said I searched the net and it appears that the dealers are not discounting the Z06s significantly below book.
All c6 vettes are heading down in price. It seems the argument is over the rate of decline. As for what I'm willing to pay for a clean 07/08/09 Z06? Very complicated question. It depends on multiple factors. For example, in AZ you don't pay sales tax on private vehicle sales like you do in CT. That means i can save thousands on a private party purchase instantly adding value. Proximity is also an issue. I have purchased cars on the net before, but i would prefer not to travel too far, so proximity can add value. Shipping is an option for the right car at a good price, and i factor in the cost of shipping to the price. There seems to be a lot of low mile c6 z06s out there...cars.com has 208 '07/'08/'09. Prices range from $90,000 to $37,000. Quite a difference for very different cars. Remember these are all dealers and I consider them to be on the high end of the market for the most part.
Like the Doc I am trying to use all tools possible to find a nice car at a good price and not get gouged. Many buyers are using the net to assist like carguru, true value, carmax, eBay (sold), cars, autotrader Craigslist, KBB, NADA, ...etc. The market is a much bigger place than what it was only a few years ago.
So, good luck to the hunters, good luck to the sellers, and hopefully we can compromise and all get what we want.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Gaspassing
Heel & Toe

I recently saw an Exige for sale that had a complete ECM tattle tale printout. It was amazing the dealer could tell you how many hours at what RPM/what percentage. Does anyone know if you can do this with GM products? That could make an interesting read on a potential purchase.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)

Old 01-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Ok please don't post in this thread anymore. I ask you kindly. I don't need someone telling me they don't want to see this.... Then don't click on it. Ok? Ok bye.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

For everyone else wondering, this will be my 5th vette (4th c6z) bought on the forum. So if I take longer than you like, or I feel out the market until it settles, or I do anything you don't like - don't say anything unless you've bought more vettes than I. I simply will not take you seriously. To me - you are the poser

To those that supported my thread and cause for a new c6z - thank you!
I liked the joke about the std name "sti" haha

Last edited by Dr Gordon; 01-19-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:38 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Suns_PSD
I don't get what the discussion is about? Resale value is determined by the market.

The reality is that many of the people that are selling Vettes don't need the money so they aren't in a hurry and that drives up the asking prices. And eventually when all of the used ones have high prices, then that becomes the price at which you can purchase one for.

If it gets to a point where the buyers are not desperate either and they refuse to pay the high prices in mass, eventually some sellers will in fact lower their price and effectively reset the market value.

GL
this is what my take is on the c5 right now. the only side show of these sorts of price discrepancies is that the market doesn't move and cars don't sell. kbb is another culprit with inflated values that have trade in above what i've seen more than a few dealers sell cars for.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)