Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

wtb z06 but everyone thinks they're made of gold

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:11 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by RidgeRunner0207
exactly,throw in a few options that baby's gonna be north of 6 figures
Old 09-07-2014, 07:18 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by JAvery20
Just because you have the money, you should throw it away then?
Guess you should sit on the porch and count your money, that's your choice.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:23 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by wlean99
exactly,throw in a few options that baby's gonna be north of 6 figures
Have you done the math on that yet? I have... it takes quite a few options to push that baby over $100k, and the same exact thing could be done with the 2013 Z06 as well

Where do all you guys come from to complain about the new Z06's price, anyway? That thing is the deal of the century!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:24 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Have you done the math on that yet? I have... it take quite few features to push that baby over $100k, and the same exact thing could be done with the 2013 Z06 as well

Where do all you guys come from to complain about the new Z06's price... this thing is the deal of the century!
I'm not complaining about anything.The reason for my post was that I am in agreement withe the reason that used c6 zo6 are still are holding thier value.Part of that is because the price of a new one.How you arrived at what you did is beyond me.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:44 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

I'm not complaining about anything.The reason for my post was that I am in agreement withe the reason that used c6 zo6 are still are holding thier value.Part of that is because the price of a new one.How you arrived at what you did is beyond me.
The new Z06 isn't going to directly push down old Z06 pricing, it's going to do so via domino effect from the ZR1 depreciation

Also, without context, your post looks very much like the butthurt ZR1 guys arguing that the new Z06 really isn't a good deal because you can still add over $30k in options to it if you want or the oddball guy who can't afford it and wishes it was the same price as the 2006 Z06 ($66k). It's really not that difficult to figure out how I came to that conclusion based on your post and the accompanying frowny face.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:03 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

St Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by rjwz28
The new Z06 isn't going to directly push down old Z06 pricing, it's going to do so via domino effect from the ZR1 depreciation

Also, without context, your post looks very much like the butthurt ZR1 guys arguing that the new Z06 really isn't a good deal because you can still add over $30k in options to it if you want or the oddball guy who can't afford it and wishes it was the same price as the 2006 Z06 ($66k). It's really not that difficult to figure out how I came to that conclusion based on your post and the accompanying frowny face.
yes,without context one could jump to ones own conclusion.You have chosen yours.There is no way I can change that,nor shall I try.Good day to you.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:10 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

yes,without context one could jump to ones own conclusion.You have chosen yours.There is no way I can change that,nor shall I try.Good day to you.
Holy cow, man, cool your jets. I obviously understand now that you didn't mean what it appeared that you said, and I didn't say that you meant anything else. I just explained why I interpreted your post that way. There is not inflection or tone on the internet, so it's easy to do that
Old 09-07-2014, 08:13 PM
wlean99
Melting Slicks

St Jude Donor '14

O.k,peace. I think we both just misinterpreted each other.No hard feelings
Old 09-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

For some reason I've noticed a RAISE in prices of c6 z's lately....
I mostly stalk on 1 or 2 sites but I've definitely seen them go up. Dealers are the ones doing the raising. I wonder if its to catch the guys that want to rush into a Z just before winter to get some driving in? Maybe it is so they don't get hurt so bad when they ride the wave down in 2015?
Old 09-07-2014, 10:25 PM
JsnMR2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 383
For some reason I've noticed a RAISE in prices of c6 z's lately....
I mostly stalk on 1 or 2 sites but I've definitely seen them go up. Dealers are the ones doing the raising. I wonder if its to catch the guys that want to rush into a Z just before winter to get some driving in? Maybe it is so they don't get hurt so bad when they ride the wave down in 2015?
I agree that there WAS a rise in prices on C6Z's for a bit there. Certainly not now though. I was selling my 08 Z and I had a buyer at 55k a couple of months ago. I chickened out because it all happened so fast and I guess I just wasn't ready. Two months later the best I could get was 53k. KBB in those two months went down over 2.5k. Luckily I got to keep my OEM heads and cam in the second deal (not in the first) and that will make up for me losing out on my first deal.

The car is another couple of grand lower on KBB now. Dropping with a seriousness.

A few more months and it'll be the 40k car everyone wants it to be lol.

Buyer (second one) ended up being in Finland though. Lucky for him I don't think prices are effected like this, over there.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 AM
nous defions
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1 BAD BURB
As I had mentioned before in this thread, you guys who are prospective buyers... Will continue to try and nickel and dime a seller for his car. Meanwhile, he's still grinning from ear to ear everytime he drives it. And you are still Z06-less and searching. Gets aggravating after a while of searching and not enjoying.

My car 07 z was for sale @ 42k. Pretty good deal for it considering full bolt ons and heads swapped. Only got 35-40k offers. Now it's priced at 37,500 and not one offer. You buyers are just weird...
Is it for sale on this forum? $37K is a good deal (assuming there is nothing wrong with the car). Many people say that a car is generally worth what people are willing to pay for it. I saw this mantra written in this forum many times when folks complained about the "market adjustments" applied to brand new base C7s over the last year.

If this is true, how much is your C6 Z06 worth? In the end, as long as you are fine with what it cost you, and what that purchase has availed you (in terms of ownership), then, the car is "worth it", to you.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:58 AM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

^^^ yes. That is mine for sale. Reason it's cheaper is bc it needs a front bumper. Car was stolen 7 weeks ago. Insurance paid me a decent bit to fix the bumper damage. But at this point now, I'd really like to move it is I dropped my price to "stupid" cheap in hopes that someone will realize it's such a good deal, they can't pass it up.
There are two issues with the car but both being very minor, the front bumper damage and there's a cel on now due to the rear 02 sensors (sims) not reading. Obviously a tuning issue which a retune will take care of it. Other then that, she runs like a champ.

I verified it's performance this weekend at a roll race event. I was keeping up and beating 10 sec cars. Ran against a 760 whp fox body stang (gutted too) and only lost by a car. I am very impressed with my car and she is def a strong beast.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:20 AM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by JsnMR2
I agree that there WAS a rise in prices on C6Z's for a bit there. Certainly not now though. I was selling my 08 Z and I had a buyer at 55k a couple of months ago. I chickened out because it all happened so fast and I guess I just wasn't ready. Two months later the best I could get was 53k. KBB in those two months went down over 2.5k. Luckily I got to keep my OEM heads and cam in the second deal (not in the first) and that will make up for me losing out on my first deal.

The car is another couple of grand lower on KBB now. Dropping with a seriousness.

A few more months and it'll be the 40k car everyone wants it to be lol.

Buyer (second one) ended up being in Finland though. Lucky for him I don't think prices are effected like this, over there.
I know how you feel. When I was selling my CTS-V 2 years ago I got an offer for 25k. I chickened out as I was too in love with the car back then, a year later sold it for 22k.

C6 Z06 prices haven't moved much yet but boy have ZR1 prices dropped! Like others have said, the domino effect will likely be the driving force for a depreciation as the new Z06 is more like a ZR1 replacement than a Z06 replacement.

Quick Reply: wtb z06 but everyone thinks they're made of gold