Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

May be Scam BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:30 AM
0Quik Z06
Former Vendor

Received 411 Likes on 280 Posts

Lol, here's the email I just got from him/them.

Hello,

My 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is still for sale. The asking price is $36,700, please note this price doesn't include shipping taxes, for an accurate cost provide me with your zip code or full address. It is located in Helena, MT as I recently moved here with my job. The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car.

I had a buyer offering $39,200 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash, so if you don't need a loan you can have it. I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message! I want to use Amazon Payments for closing this deal. If you are not aware of how they work you should know that they will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before me receiving any money. You will have a 7 days inspection period to decide whether you want to keep it or not before they release the funds to me.

PS: I attached you more pictures to this email.

I look forward hearing from you.
Tom Harrison
Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 AM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

These are full blown scams!!! Do not waste your time even returning emails or texts!
Old 07-21-2013, 11:37 AM
bracketshark
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Scam

Check this out, I had a 2004 VTX 1300 Honda Motor cycle for sale ~ 3 years ago. A guy called me 3 days in a row, I spoke to him a total of 2.5 hours. 4th day he calls and says he is on the way, be here in 2 hours. He got here in 3 hours driving a 2007 Chevy truck , alone, no trailer.
We talked for ~ a hour before he showed me the money ($5500) then pulled it back and mentioned he hadn't ridden the bike to check the transmission. I agreed to a 2 minute ride. When he rode out the driveway that was the last time I ever saw my bike. He left that Chevy truck, that was stolen, in less than 2 hours the police had it and gone. All I had was liability insurance on the thing guess who is SOL. bottom line BE CAREFUL.
PS the guy that got my bike will be very easy to recognize, He walks funny because of the extra large set of BALL'S he's carrying.

Quick Reply: May be Scam BEWARE