Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2011 Black Manual with 34k Miles for $26K

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 09:24 PM
RaysLilVette
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 87 Posts

I thought this was kinda odd. This is the same exact car but its in the LA craigslist.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...922897008.html
Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 AM
Mr.Nubain
Le Mans Master

Location: If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn Florida
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RaysLilVette
Are you firm on the price??
Seriously dude? 26K isn't low enough for you? LOL. Unbelievable.

OP has had this for sale for quite some time, it was 30K on here with no takers. You gotta give a vette away on this forum and even then you'll have people trying to get you lower.

Looks like that LA one is a parot of this one, probably a scam trying to get a deposit from someone wired. CL is bad news.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:29 AM
RaysLilVette
Pro

Originally Posted by Mr.Nubain
Seriously dude? 26K isn't low enough for you? LOL. Unbelievable.

OP has had this for sale for quite some time, it was 30K on here with no takers. You gotta give a vette away on this forum and even then you'll have people trying to get you lower.

Looks like that LA one is a parot of this one, probably a scam trying to get a deposit from someone wired. CL is bad news.
I was just asking, He didn't say he was firm on the price in the Ad. Im not even in the market as i just bought my 08! So next time don't assume ****.
Old 03-09-2015, 11:45 PM
Ajaste
-----
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RaysLilVette
I thought this was kinda odd. This is the same exact car but its in the LA craigslist.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...922897008.html

It sure is.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:14 PM
Leut Dan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is Sold, i cant believe corvettes are this hard to move. I love vettes but i will never own another after this, honestly when you have people nit picking a flawless car and then low balling you... I seriously had people lowball because they said the paint had swirl marks (hazy wax), which was quickly in front of the eyes removed with a microfiber cloth still try and lowball.

A meticulously maintained garage queen that had less than 5k put on it in two years, has now become the largest monetary loss for any vehicle i have ever owned.
Also no that was not my car on the LA CL!

Last edited by Leut Dan; 03-10-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:41 PM
RaysLilVette
Pro

Originally Posted by Leut Dan
The car is Sold, i cant believe corvettes are this hard to move. I love vettes but i will never own another after this, honestly when you have people nit picking a flawless car and then low balling you... I seriously had people lowball because they said the paint had swirl marks (hazy wax), which was quickly in front of the eyes removed with a microfiber cloth still try and lowball.

A meticulously maintained garage queen that had less than 5k put on it in two years, has now become the largest monetary loss for any vehicle i have ever owned.
To be honest we live in a world of cheap *** people! Don't get me wrong i will try to get the best deal possible but when the car is marked at 26,000 dollars with that low of millage it doesn't get better then that. You basically gave the car away as a gift.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 PM
Grozny
Advanced

Originally Posted by Leut Dan

Another perspective:
You picked a bad time of the year to sell your car. You alone picked the price to list your car at. You then put an expired car fax link in your ad, and never corrected it. You then went on to discredit car fax, the link you put in. That along with the incorrect wheels for a 2011 and the painted front lip made me question the integrity of the car and the ad. Buying a used car takes a certain level of trust and transparency that imo you failed to provide.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Blown04Z06
Instructor

Default Your perspective blows...

[QUOTE=Grozny;1589159693]Another perspective:
You picked a bad time of the year to sell your car. You alone picked the price to list your car at. You then put an expired car fax link in your ad, and never corrected it. You then went on to discredit car fax, the link you put in. That along with the incorrect wheels for a 2011 and the painted front lip made me question the integrity of the car and the ad. Buying a used car takes a certain level of trust and transparency that imo you failed to provide.

Bad time of year to sell ? What? Spring time is a couple weeks away, people start to really get the itch for a new ride after a long winter.
You alone picked the price? Wtf? what was he supossed to do? Of course he picked the price, it was his car, and the thing was crazy cheap!
Car Fax in my honest opinion is overrated, you simply cant put stock in something that has proven to have marginal accuracy. As far as the wheels, sure oem for that particular model and trim level would have been nice but that and a tasteful looking front spoiler dont undermine the integrity of the whole car! Ultimately the seller should have tried additional and alternative venues to showcase the car. From my experience You just cant reach an unbiased broad target audience of real world buyers on this forum. But it isn`t a bad place to shop!
Old 03-12-2015, 01:25 AM
Grozny
Advanced

Bad time of year to sell ? What? Spring time is a couple weeks away, people start to really get the itch for a new ride after a long winter.

It's been a record setting winter. Unless you're in a bind to get rid of your car, you'll attract more buyers when it's warm. It's common sense. Go try to unload a motorcycle in the winter, you'll get rock bottom price. Great for a buyer though.

You alone picked the price? Wtf? what was he supossed to do? Of course he picked the price, it was his car, and the thing was crazy cheap!

Hmm…. Maybe reference NADA, KBB, Edmunds. Take the car to CarMax for an appraisal. Look at what similarly equipped cars have sold for. I'm sure the car could have sold for $4,000-$5,000 more. However, no one is going to offer you more than your asking price.

Car Fax in my honest opinion is overrated, you simply cant put stock in something that has proven to have marginal accuracy.

He listed a link in the original posting to a carfax link that never worked. When I asked him about the expired link and the wheels, he selectively answered only the question in regard to the wheels. Apparently I wasn't the only one who asked about it either. He then later "addressed" the issue by discrediting a source he originally intended to use. As I said, that coupled along with the wheels, didn't personally sit well. Hence, my no offer after his original reply to my question, as opposed to the other low offers he received. There's far too many cars out there to have to settle. So whether or not you believe it, prospective buyers look at more than just the car itself when buying. A lot of buyers like to make an informed decision before dropping x number of dollars, and having a CarFax is simply an additional piece of information that can help in that process.

As far as the wheels, sure oem for that particular model and trim level would have been nice but that and a tasteful looking front spoiler dont undermine the integrity of the whole car! Ultimately the seller should have tried additional and alternative venues to showcase the car. From my experience You just cant reach an unbiased broad target audience of real world buyers on this forum. But it isn`t a bad place to shop!
Old 03-28-2015, 07:05 PM
firemedjoe
Cruising

Is the car still for sale?
Old 03-28-2015, 11:57 PM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by firemedjoe
Is the car still for sale?
Read further up he said it SOLD!@!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 10:37 AM
Nergbot
7th Gear

Wow can't believe people were low balling you on that beautiful Vette. If I had seen this in time I would have been all over it. Please buy anther Vette and sell it to me! Lol

Quick Reply: 2011 Black Manual with 34k Miles for $26K