Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2007 Corvette - 440", widebody

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 10:18 AM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 Corvette - 440", widebody

I have had this car for 3 years. I love it but I am thinking about building a new house. It has been a great car. Only thing it could use is a good tune and new back tires. A few months ago, I started to change valve springs and just ended up pulling the heads and had a machine shop do a valve job and install the springs correctly for the cam specs. While heads were off, I also put new Johnsons SLR lifters in it. Rest of engine has around 15k miles on it. Clutch was put in after I bought it as well. Coilovers were done last year.
Car itself has 56k on it.
$37,500 FIRM
May consider trade for built c5 plus cash
I will post more pics if people are interested
Here are the details:

Exterior
Has the OEM widebody rear quarters with the brake ducts.
All lights have been tinted.
5% window tint
Z06 Brakes all the way around, powder coated dark silver
Sits on dark charcoal gray Z06 Wheels

Interior
Alcantara suede A-pillars
Alcantara suede and leather console
08+ radio bezel
MGW shifter
Delrin shift ****
Z06 seats
Z06 battery relocate to trunk

Performance
LME built forged 440ci LS7
-New GM LS7 block
-Callies forged crankshaft 4.1" stroke
-58x reluctor wheel
-Callies 6.125" forged rods
-ARP 2000 bolts
-Wiseco custom 4.135" forged pistons
-Clevite bearings
-Arp studs
-Johnson SLR lifters
-Comp cam XER lobes .645-.672 @ 248-260
-Roll master double roller timing chain
-Melling high volume oil pump
-Trick Flow 235cc big bore heads
-Brian Tooley springs
-FAST 92mm intake ported by LME, smoothed and painted black
-1 7/8 Kooks headers
-Catless mids
-Corsa 3" Exhaust
-Katech tensioner

Suspension
Pfadt Featherlite coilovers all around
Z06 front and rear sway bars
HD links

Drivetrain
LMR built T56
McLeod RST clutch with new GM slave
Attached Images   
Old 07-04-2016, 02:10 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Awesome car. How much power did it put down?
Old 07-04-2016, 02:23 AM
20171LE
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1584763135

Same car you bought on here 3 years ago I assume?
Old 07-04-2016, 02:09 PM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Yes. That is the car.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:22 PM
MikeyTwins
Heel & Toe

So you are expecting to get $2,500 more then you paid for it 3 years ago? Did you put any real money into it since then?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:52 PM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Glad you asked. If you read the old for sale ad, the car had issues. Spent over $3k on a new clutch, flywheel, slave, master, remote bleeder, input shafts, etc right after buying the car. Also it had an underdrive pulley that was causing the alternator to not charge the battery at idle. That was replaced with a standard size balancer to fix that issue. Labor for that was also not cheap. Not sure if that also caused premature failure of alternator but that was also replaced along with a new battery. All rubber was also worn off suspension bolts from lowering car. Instead of replacing them, I bought the coilovers. The electric water pump was leaking so I bought a new GM water pump and had that installed. With the motor having over 10k miles and the aggressive cam, I figured it was due for valve springs. While doing that I decided to have machine shop do Springs, they found that the heads needed a valve job as well. All that being done with new Johnson lifters, that was also over $2500 of maintenance on the top end that the next owner will not have to worry about. Has brand new 02 sensors. Not much but another couple hundred. Have brand new front brakes sitting in the garage that will go on as soon as i have a day off. I did buy new tires for it right after I bought it as well but 3 years of use and it will be ready for new back tires soon. All work that ive had done was either done by Speed Inc or by a GM mechanic.For $2,500 more, someone is getting a car that is ready to go unlike the when I bought it. I was still happy with the deal I got but I know for the extra money it is worth not having the issues I did. Just buy it and enjoy.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:03 PM
KG-02Z
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love this car and I just so happen to have a really nice C5 Z06 that you said you would consider trading for with some cash. It is built like crazy, and built to handle 800hp all the way throughout the car. Currently has a nitrous kit hooked up but not been tuned and never sprayed. Intention was to spray it but been leaning towards supercharger instead. Not sure what kind of cash your looking to get if you were interested in a trade. But I am definitely interested. Pics of the car are on my profile to give you an idea. Profile pic should have it shown with the new wheels and carbon lip with side skirts. Too much to list for mods but can definitely try to put one together if it seems we both are interested. Thanks.

Kevin
Old 07-06-2016, 10:06 PM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Will also consider trades for other cars plus cash.
PM sent to you KG-02Z
Old 07-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
Awesome car. How much power did it put down?

???
Old 07-07-2016, 01:02 AM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Sorry. Didn't catch that the first time you asked.
Previous owner told me 600 rwhp. If I still have it next week, I plan to make an appointment to have it dyno-tuned at Speed Inc. It runs a bit rich, especially at idle.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:30 PM
KG-02Z
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you get my PM's back to you? I'm definitely interested in the car but I would need to get rid of my C5 first. Which makes the idea of a trade so appealing. And you won't find a better built C5Z. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks.

Kevin
Old 07-07-2016, 10:29 PM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by KG-02Z
Did you get my PM's back to you? I'm definitely interested in the car but I would need to get rid of my C5 first. Which makes the idea of a trade so appealing. And you won't find a better built C5Z. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks.

Kevin
PM sent
Old 07-12-2016, 06:13 AM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Will make a better deal if someone just wants to buy it straight up.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:17 AM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTwins
So you are expecting to get $2,500 more then you paid for it 3 years ago? Did you put any real money into it since then?
I think this forum has a rule of if you are not looking to buy the car or dont have relevant questions move on.

If the op wants to ask 10k more than what he paid for it, it is his choice. Who cares what he is asking, it is his choice. Not trying to start a fight, but let the op ask what he wants. If someone wants the car they will buy it, if they dont they will move on.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:29 AM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by yellowzron
I think this forum has a rule of if you are not looking to buy the car or dont have relevant questions move on.

If the op wants to ask 10k more than what he paid for it, it is his choice. Who cares what he is asking, it is his choice. Not trying to start a fight, but let the op ask what he wants. If someone wants the car they will buy it, if they dont they will move on.
It's ok. It gave me a good opportunity to explain how it is fresh and ready to enjoy, unlike needing work when I bought it. I should have explained it a little better in the sale ad. Thanks for looking out though. I appreciate it.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:04 AM
oilworker
Heel & Toe

Sold............

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Corvette - 440", widebody

Quick Reply: 2007 Corvette - 440", widebody