Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2009 Z06, 2LZ, Cyber Gray, 39,9xx miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 11:10 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2009 Z06, 2LZ, Cyber Gray, 39,9xx miles

Cyber Gray Metallic exterior
Ebony & Titanium 2-Tone Leather Interior

New brakes 200 miles ago, all 4 corners (Including Hawk Ceramic Pads - Can provide receipts)

Pirelli P-Zero tires installed last month.
(355/30/19 rear 285/35/18 front)

39xxxk miles

Car was Nano-Coated @ Courtesy Cadillac; You'll never need to wax this car, EVER; the water beads right off. It also raises the hardness of the clear coat and makes the paint about 4x more scratch resistant.

I'd say the exterior is a LITERAL 10/10, and the interior a 9.5/10 simply because the driver seat has been sat in. The paint is FLAWLESS, I really can't stress that enough.

Nav works perfectly, no issues whatsoever mechanically or otherwise.

The clutch master was replaced 400 miles ago under recall. The clutch was inspected at that time and it was perfect. They had no issues giving me a new one if they could see even wear but it was great. I also looked at it myself.

The airbag light recall was JUST performed.

At 22k miles the engine was replaced under warranty, so the LS7 currently has 17k miles on her. She runs HARD.

Car currently has a Corsa Carbon Fiber intake and LG GT4 exhaust installed but Buyer will have option of having her back 100% stock.

The car has NOT been tuned, but the PO did plug up his HP Tuners and remove CAGS (skip shift). That's all that's been done tune-wise.

I bought a Cyber Gray ZR1 OEM spoiler and had it installed. For the exterior that's the only addition.
I have NO ISSUES popping out two tail lights and unbolting it to show the GM OE stickers under it, as well as the part #. It is a true GM ZR1 spoiler.

$39,000

Title is clean and clear; currently held by USAA.

feel free to text me at number below, or shoot me a PM.

337-five zero one-6573

David

Last edited by dr_whigham; 11-18-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:34 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

I'll have more pictures on Tuesday when I get home if that's what's holding everyone back... Not a single "anything" yet
Old 11-13-2016, 10:28 AM
NTKRWLR
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested, but I think the engine replacement and the removal of add-ons is slowing the response rate. Can you provide more details?
Old 11-13-2016, 11:37 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

Originally Posted by NTKRWLR
Interested, but I think the engine replacement and the removal of add-ons is slowing the response rate. Can you provide more details?
Not sure why the engine replacement would affect anything...?

When I bought the car I wasn't even AWARE... it didn't show up on the carfax at all. When I brought the car in for the clutch master recall, my service guy (known him for years) asked me if I knew I was on motor #2. I was pretty surprised, but also relieved. There were no details in the report as to WHY, but I think we can all surmise it was a dropped valve. They themselves have replaced their fair share of LS7's, so that's our best guess. I was just happy knowing the motor only has not quite half the mileage as the car itself.

As for the "add ons" it's just a Corsa intake and an LG exhaust. Knowing how CF is, everyone would bitch about how loud it is anyway, so I figured it just easier to put the stock mufflers back on so they can adjust the sound how they like. Most here seem to like the baffles, where I couldn't care less and wanted to drop 35#'s :

I figured a pure 100% stock car would sell easier, knowing it hadn't been torn into and messed with, aside from just an intake and mufflers.

Last edited by dr_whigham; 11-13-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:05 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Up we go again. Getting off the rig tomorrow morning and will be able to send any additional requested pics at that time.

Curious to see who the new secretary of energy is going to be though. If it's good for drilling and the price of oil comes back up over $60/bbl I'll pull the ad and keep her

Last edited by dr_whigham; 11-14-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:54 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Up again...
Old 11-18-2016, 01:25 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Up we go
Old 11-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

Great looking Z -- GLWS.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:08 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

I kinda expected a bit more traction here... Any ideas or suggestions? Bad time of year maybe?
Old 11-23-2016, 04:15 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Pre-Thanksgiving bump
Old 11-23-2016, 04:52 PM
TRQ FTW
Cruising

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I'll have more pictures on Tuesday when I get home if that's what's holding everyone back... Not a single "anything" yet
This is exactly what I want but won't be in the market until next year! GLWS
Old 11-26-2016, 10:08 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

Up we go
Old 11-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Frankie15
Melting Slicks

Received 488 Likes on 366 Posts

I kinda expected a bit more traction here... Any ideas or suggestions? Bad time of year maybe?
Your car is absolutely stunning! I am not in the market, but the ONLY thing I can imagine causing this to not get more traction is the engine replacement. I would be a little weary about buying a car where the engine was replaced as well. Great price and beautiful color! GLWS!
Old 11-26-2016, 08:58 PM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

Not sure why the engine replacement would affect anything...?

When I bought the car I wasn't even AWARE... it didn't show up on the carfax at all. When I brought the car in for the clutch master recall, my service guy (known him for years) asked me if I knew I was on motor #2. I was pretty surprised, but also relieved. There were no details in the report as to WHY, but I think we can all surmise it was a dropped valve. They themselves have replaced their fair share of LS7's, so that's our best guess. I was just happy knowing the motor only has not quite half the mileage as the car itself.

As for the "add ons" it's just a Corsa intake and an LG exhaust. Knowing how CF is, everyone would bitch about how loud it is anyway, so I figured it just easier to put the stock mufflers back on so they can adjust the sound how they like. Most here seem to like the baffles, where I couldn't care less and wanted to drop 35#'s :

I figured a pure 100% stock car would sell easier, knowing it hadn't been torn into and messed with, aside from just an intake and mufflers.
-------
To my thinking, the Corsa intake and the LG exhaust are positives, especially if you include the original parts in the deal. As for the new engine, that's even more of a plus! You've got a great car and whoever buys it will likely be VERY HAPPY!
Old 11-27-2016, 09:39 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

Thanks gents!

She's definitely been loved and cared for.

Front tires have a LITERAL 8 miles on them, rears right at 200.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:23 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

PM's replied
Old 11-29-2016, 03:35 PM
NTKRWLR
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mickeyrx70
-------
To my thinking, the Corsa intake and the LG exhaust are positives, especially if you include the original parts in the deal. As for the new engine, that's even more of a plus! You've got a great car and whoever buys it will likely be VERY HAPPY!
Agree. The intake and headers are a definite positive. I would provide the potential buyer the option to take the car as-is, or restored to OEM.

I would think GM could give you more details about the engine replacement. If you're the owner with the VIN, and the replacement was done at a GM dealer, they may have a record of why.

Having that confirmed documentation for a prospective seller would be helpful. As an interested buyer, that would provide me more confidence.

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 Z06, 2LZ, Cyber Gray, 39,9xx miles

Old 11-29-2016, 05:38 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

I actually have a print-out of it, but even my service guy was a bit baffled at the lack of info, but understood why by the same token. It's pretty straight forward.

There's the code, the mileage, what they did (engine replacement) and that's it. He came to the same conclusion I did. It obviously wasn't operator error otherwise they would have voided the warranty. All we could surmise was mechanical failure, with the likely culprit being a dropped valve.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

I actually have a print-out of it, but even my service guy was a bit baffled at the lack of info, but understood why by the same token. It's pretty straight forward.

There's the code, the mileage, what they did (engine replacement) and that's it. He came to the same conclusion I did. It obviously wasn't operator error otherwise they would have voided the warranty. All we could surmise was mechanical failure, with the likely culprit being a dropped valve.
There usually isn't a lot of data with a dropped valve warranty replacement. The Repair Order for my 2008 Z06 that had the motor replaced at 22K miles only had a few comments about not running and that GM decided to warranty the engine.

It sort of makes me wonder about the people looking at your add since LS7 dropped valves are not unknown. Whether it was that or some other issue it was replaced under warranty and really isn't that big of a deal. I commend you on pointing it out since CarFax probably still doesn't have the info.

Your car looks very nice and I hope you get a nibble soon. I traded my 08 about a year ago with 43K miles on it for $33K. It didn't last long at the dealer's lot. Even with the replacement engine it sold in 3 weeks for about $36K. Current owner is superbly happy with the car. Although you live in Louisiana the Corvette market is seasonal and this is the wrong season to be selling one. Good luck on the sale.

Bill
Old 11-30-2016, 10:55 AM
dr_whigham
Pro

Thanks Bill, I appreciate it!

Quick Reply: 2009 Z06, 2LZ, Cyber Gray, 39,9xx miles