Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2005 Z51 6-spd, 86k miles, Central Oregon, mostly stock.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 07:36 PM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Z51 6-spd, 86k miles, Central Oregon, mostly stock.

I recently bought a house and I'm changing up my vehicle fleet as a result.

Watch this video I made for a walk around and explanation

The Good:

All the common issues have been addressed already.

The crank pulley is known to disintegrate and throw the serpentine belt. I installed a new Gates belt and Summit Racing crank pulley. It is the same size as stock, not an underdrive pulley, so the A/C and electrical all work like normal.

CAGS eliminator. I only found the 1-4 skip shift annoying in parking lots, where I really did want to go to 2nd gear but the EPA cheating software Chevy put in wouldn't let me. The amber skip shift light still comes on at the predetermined speed, throttle and gear settings, but you can still shift to any gear you want.

Steering column lock eliminator. They tend to fail, mine did, I installed the bypass module and now the steering column never locks. No issues since then.

It has brand new BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 tires.

Corsa Sport axle-back exhaust. This sounds great during acceleration and deceleration, but it's virtually silent on the highway during steady state partial throttle. This was important for me because the C6 is such a great road trip car and I didn't want to take away from that.

Koni Sport adjustable shocks. The rest of the suspension is all stock.

Billet aluminum pedal covers. My foot slipped off the slippery stock clutch pedal one day when my shoes were wet. Not anymore. I got the gas pedal and dead pedal to match.

It's painted in Velocity Yellow Tintcoat, the same as the Corvette racecars. The Le Mans story of the C6 is pretty cool so I got the floormats to match with the Jake logo. Take no prisoners!

Dewitts all aluminum, dual core radiator with integrated oil and trans coolers. The stock radiator has plastic end tanks and they sprung a leak. I could have spent $350 on another stock one or $700 on this all aluminum one.

Z06 fender guards and rear spoiler. All the black plastic gets a treatment of Meguiar's Back to Black several times a year so it looks great.

Overall it's in great shape, has a unique color combination, all the options you could want, manual transmission, under 100k miles, the roof stows in the trunk on warm days, heated seats for cold days, dual zone climate control etc. I changed every fluid when I bought it 2 years ago, and I just changed the oil last week.

The Bad:

It has a few paint chips. Mostly the mirrors and front bumper, watch the Youtube video for details or look at the photos.

The center console has 2 cracks in it.

The starter button and the door release buttons have lost part of their finish over the years.

The carpet on the passenger side along the tunnel looks like it shrank a little bit and there is now a small gap exposed.

I also have a set of chrome wheels with good front tires and worn out rear tires because the previous owner bought Pilot Sports for the rear and a Pilot Sport AS 3s for the front. Naturally the rear tires weren't going to last as long as the fronts when one is lucky to last 20k miles and the front are good for 50k. Don't do that.

Asking $22,900.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:39 AM
cheetah45
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

FYI: velocity yellow was a 2006 and later color. Your paint code is 79U which is Millineum Yellow. The color in the pics (to me) looks like MY...I had a 2004 Z06 in Millinem Yellow.

Last edited by cheetah45; 04-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Petrolburner
Advanced

You mean I've been living a lie these past three years? We're the 2005 racecars Millennium Yellow also?
Old 04-10-2017, 02:39 AM
cheetah45
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't know if the racing Corvettes were the same shade of yellow. MY and VY are just plain old yellow to most people, but put the colors side by side and you can see the difference. MY has maybe a lil red or orange in it while I think VY is more yellow. The same can be said for Daytona Sunset Orange of 05 & 06 and Atomic Orange of the 07 and later cars. Hard to tell the which version of orange metallic until you get them side by side.
What I do know, is that insects were highly attracted my MY Z06 just sitting outside. Cops never paid attention to me though...lol...although they should have.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:29 AM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Bump. Still no hits besides the scams and third party we'll sell your car for you scams.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Bump.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:07 AM
Petrolburner
Advanced

Still for sale, down to $21,500 on Craigslist.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 Z51 6-spd, 86k miles, Central Oregon, mostly stock.

Quick Reply: FS: 2005 Z51 6-spd, 86k miles, Central Oregon, mostly stock.