Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: Price check please 2010 GS Vert

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 08:13 PM
dcarr
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Price check please 2010 GS Vert

2010 Grand Sport Convertible
6spd, nav, chrome wheels, new tires ... good condition, with 30,000 miles. 2 owner, clean car fax no accidents, private sale
appreciate your help guys, thanks
Dennis
Old 05-02-2017, 01:59 AM
miket360
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 66 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 05-02-2017, 05:15 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dcarr
6spd, nav, chrome wheels, new tires ... good condition, with 30,000 miles. 2 owner, clean car fax no accidents, private sale
Dennis
One just sold on CarGurus for $26,500 in Montana. Was a 2010 GS, 4LT, Convertible with 29,??? miles. I wouldn't pay more than $30,000 for it.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:45 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Dennis
A 2010 GS Jetstream Blue, targa top, 3LT with 15,??? miles just sold on CarGurus for $27,900!! Believe that one was in Wisconsin.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Yaupon
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 127 Posts

VetteNewBy, may I ask how you search Cargurus for recently sold corvettes? TIA. OP, apologies for temporary thread highjack.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:12 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yaupon
VetteNewBy, may I ask how you search Cargurus for recently sold corvettes? TIA. OP, apologies for temporary thread highjack.
Well, when I watch listings in my search for a Vette and see listings disappear, I'm only to assume they have been sold for the asking price or less. Unless you know someone that would pay more than asking price. Maybe you do. I do not!! I guess maybe dealers just get tired of trying to sell their cars after they have been listed awhile and remove the listing....prolly not!! So, I guess I don't know they have sold for sure, but I would have to say it's a pretty good assumption. Unless you can tell me why else the listings would disappear?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:29 AM
Yaupon
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteNewby
Well, when I watch listings in my search for a Vette and see listings disappear, I'm only to assume they have been sold for the asking price or less. Unless you know someone that would pay more than asking price. Maybe you do. I do not!! I guess maybe dealers just get tired of trying to sell their cars after they have been listed awhile and remove the listing....prolly not!! So, I guess I don't know they have sold for sure, but I would have to say it's a pretty good assumption. Unless you can tell me why else the listings would disappear?
Appreciate the timely reply. Probably a reasonable conclusion as to why the listing are being removed. I have no further insight.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:59 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Originally Posted by Yaupon
Appreciate the timely reply. Probably a reasonable conclusion as to why the listing are being removed. I have no further insight.
I see quite a few GS's listed around the mid $30K range. They seem to be listed awhile. But as soon as the price drops just below $30K the listing is gone. Grant you, picking one up for under $30K is probably a great deal, but they are out there if you're patient. Like I said, I've seen two sell on CarsGurus with miles around 30K or less for less than $30K. There was a JSB convertible that sold on the forum not long ago for $26,000 that only had I think it was 29,000 miles on it. Looked damn clean too!! So again, in my opinion I wouldn't pay more than $30K for a Vette with miles around the 30,000 range.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:26 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Dennis
Just curious, have you settled on a price for the Vette you're looking at? If so, what price did you come to?
Old 05-03-2017, 04:54 PM
dcarr
Racer

Default Price check

Just curious, have you settled on a price for the Vette you're looking at? If so, what price did you come to?
Yes $29,990 firm was the price, but I was not in love with the color combo. No offense, but no silver or yellows for me. PM me if you happen to come across a good one. I'm a corvette guy now retired, looking for a convertible here in Florida.
I really appreciate the experience and help on this forum, I'll be patient and keep looking for a nice one in that price range, or a little more for the right one, thank you guys so much!
Dennis
Old 05-03-2017, 06:49 PM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Yes $29,990 firm was the price, but I was not in love with the color combo. No offense, but no silver or yellows for me. PM me if you happen to come across a good one. I'm a corvette guy now retired, looking for a convertible here in Florida.
I really appreciate the experience and help on this forum, I'll be patient and keep looking for a nice one in that price range, or a little more for the right one, thank you guys so much!
Dennis
Ok, cool!! Then I was pretty dead on when I said I wouldn't pay over $30K for it. Nice to know I'm not to far off base with what these are selling for. Good luck in your search!! What color combo are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes open while I search for mine. I think I might be leaning toward silver actually. Maybe yellow. There was a white convertible on CarGurus in the Destin area for $32K. But the listing came down last week. Guessing maybe it sold.

Last edited by VetteNewby; 05-03-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:10 PM
dcarr
Racer

Default Wtb price check please

Ok, cool!! Then I was pretty dead on when I said I wouldn't pay over $30K for it. Nice to know I'm not to far off base with what these are selling for. Good luck in your search!! What color combo are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes open while I search for mine. I think I might be leaning toward silver actually. Maybe yellow. There was a white convertible on CarGurus in the Destin area for $32K. But the listing came down last week. Guessing maybe it sold.
Yes, you were right on.
Looking for anything but silver or yellow, white I'd consider, but wife has a white car. Do they still call it Monterey red? Ideal combo would be that with black top, black interior, or the other red,can't think what it's called right this minute.Wiling to pay more for right car. Thanks again
Dennis
Old 05-04-2017, 04:18 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Yes, you were right on.
Looking for anything but silver or yellow, white I'd consider, but wife has a white car. Do they still call it Monterey red? Ideal combo would be that with black top, black interior, or the other red,can't think what it's called right this minute.Wiling to pay more for right car. Thanks again
Dennis
Yes, I believe you are right. Monterey Red is one of the reds. Velocity red I believe is the other. If you haven't already, try searching CarGurus for Grand Sports. There are currently 68 on there around the $30K price range. Several are red, some have black tops. Right now most of what's on there have around 30-40K miles on them but are selling for low $30's. I have seen lower mileage ones selling for less than $30K on there if you're patient. Another nice thing about those cars, most don't seem to have been molested. Good luck with your search. Hope the info I have given you helps.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:05 PM
BlownGTP
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One just sold on CarGurus for $26,500 in Montana. Was a 2010 GS, 4LT, Convertible with 29,??? miles. I wouldn't pay more than $30,000 for it.
That one is still for sale, the price is wrong. It is supposed to be 29K which is still a pretty good deal.

I've been looking at buying a vette for about 7 months now. Prices are all over the place and private owners think their cars or worth retail prices.

I have no problem paying a little over KBB if the car is super clean but not $1000s more.

and if you want low miles. It's not hard finding a vette with low miles.

I think the hard ones to sell are the 12s and 13s because they still KBB in the upper 30s to low 40Ks depending on miles. To me it's tough to spend that much when you can find some C7s around that price.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:08 PM
BlownGTP
Advanced

Yes, you were right on.
Dennis
Yes, I believe you are right. Monterey Red is one of the reds. Velocity red I believe is the other. If you haven't already, try searching CarGurus for Grand Sports. There are currently 68 on there around the $30K price range. Several are red, some have black tops. Right now most of what's on there have around 30-40K miles on them but are selling for low $30's. I have seen lower mileage ones selling for less than $30K on there if you're patient. Another nice thing about those cars, most don't seem to have been molested. Good luck with your search. Hope the info I have given you helps.
Monterey Red was on earlier C6s. Like 2005-07
I also think there's two different shades of Monterey Red too

Crystal Red Metallic is the ones on the later C6s
Old 05-05-2017, 07:00 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

Originally Posted by BlownGTP
That one is still for sale, the price is wrong. It is supposed to be 29K which is still a pretty good deal.

I've been looking at buying a vette for about 7 months now. Prices are all over the place and private owners think their cars or worth retail prices.

I have no problem paying a little over KBB if the car is super clean but not $1000s more.

and if you want low miles. It's not hard finding a vette with low miles.

I think the hard ones to sell are the 12s and 13s because they still KBB in the upper 30s to low 40Ks depending on miles. To me it's tough to spend that much when you can find some C7s around that price.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees what's goin on with the prices. I couldn't agree with you more!! I've been looking for a few months, but probably won't pull the trigger for a little while yet. I know I want a C6, but can't decide on a color combo. Anyhow, good luck with your search!!
The following users liked this post:
BlownGTP (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 07:34 AM
VetteNewby
Advanced

I have no problem paying a little over KBB if the car is super clean but not

I think the hard ones to sell are the 12s and 13s because they still KBB in the upper 30s to low 40Ks depending on miles. To me it's tough to spend that much when you can find some C7s around that price.[/QUOTE]

How about the private owners that think they should recoupe dollar for dollar the cost of the mods they have added? I guess there are two different audiences. One that likes the mods already done, and one that likes original. In the long term I believe original Vettes will be worth more. Guess it just depends if you're buying for an investment, or just for fun.

Get notified of new replies

To Price check please 2010 GS Vert

Old 05-05-2017, 12:43 PM
WA 2 FST
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 556 Likes on 359 Posts

How about the private owners that think they should recoupe dollar for dollar the cost of the mods they have added? I guess there are two different audiences. One that likes the mods already done, and one that likes original. In the long term I believe original Vettes will be worth more. Guess it just depends if you're buying for an investment, or just for fun.
I'd venture to say there are _very few_ "investment grade" C6 Vettes around that most C6 buyers are interested in purchasing at a fair price.

I love buyers who see a <1000 mile 3ZR ZR1 and think they should be getting it for $50s. Buyers complain and say they could "get a C7 for that" when the ZR1 owner is asking a reasonable ~$75k (2012-2013MY). Ok, so go buy a C7, which of course has zero investment value right now.

If you're looking at a 30k mile C6, there is no "investment" value to that car whatsoever. Hopefully, the buyer will get a fair and good deal (because a car at that mileage range, regardless of condition, isn't going to fetch a premium anyway) and enjoy it for "fun."

As far as owners of modded cars wanting dollar-for-dollar what they put into them.... that is a rare breed of seller. Those of us who mod these cars couldn't care less about getting every last $$ out of them. You're right... there are a few people who think that, though, and their cars will sit for years, until the price comes down.

Last edited by WA 2 FST; 05-05-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:00 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

A 2010 GS Jetstream Blue, targa top, 3LT with 15,??? miles just sold on CarGurus for $27,900!! Believe that one was in Wisconsin.
As someone who just spent the better part of 6 months looking for a vette that one sure seems like a unicorn, in fact I work in Wisconsin. I looked very hard for a 2010-2011 M6 in the 30k miles range for under $30K. In the end I found one and feel I got a really good deal, but I never saw one like the above.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:09 PM
BlownGTP
Advanced

You mean like this one.
https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/6116786369.html

Like really? 55K. Their probably like. LOOK LOOK. I have a low mileage vette. Its worth millions. hahaah.

KBB is 43K. For 55K I will be getting a NEW C7.

Originally Posted by WA 2 FST
I'd venture to say there are _very few_ "investment grade" C6 Vettes around that most C6 buyers are interested in purchasing at a fair price.

I love buyers who see a <1000 mile 3ZR ZR1 and think they should be getting it for $50s. Buyers complain and say they could "get a C7 for that" when the ZR1 owner is asking a reasonable ~$75k (2012-2013MY). Ok, so go buy a C7, which of course has zero investment value right now.

If you're looking at a 30k mile C6, there is no "investment" value to that car whatsoever. Hopefully, the buyer will get a fair and good deal (because a car at that mileage range, regardless of condition, isn't going to fetch a premium anyway) and enjoy it for "fun."

As far as owners of modded cars wanting dollar-for-dollar what they put into them.... that is a rare breed of seller. Those of us who mod these cars couldn't care less about getting every last $$ out of them. You're right... there are a few people who think that, though, and their cars will sit for years, until the price comes down.
Cars should never be a investment, there are some exceptions but most of the time will lose money if you bought it now. Then even more if you mod it.

The ZR1 will be a collectible one day by you will be waiting a LOONG time recoup that 100K+ you spent new!! lol

Originally Posted by d.medic
As someone who just spent the better part of 6 months looking for a vette that one sure seems like a unicorn, in fact I work in Wisconsin. I looked very hard for a 2010-2011 M6 in the 30k miles range for under $30K. In the end I found one and feel I got a really good deal, but I never saw one like the above.
I could be wrong but I think that one had a salvage title. Looked good though.

Quick Reply: WTB: Price check please 2010 GS Vert