Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2013 Corvette Grand Sport 1LT (under $35k)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Ryank239
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMG_Dan
$30,000 with a clean carfax
Old 08-24-2017, 02:28 PM
QwikSilvr
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AMG_Dan
Awsome, hope you enjoy it like I have mine.

Really not sure why this hasn't sold yet. I've sold 2 Vettes in the past 5 years and have gotten more than I thought I actually would. I'm getting burned bad on this one, maybe ill just keep it one more season.
Great car you have there. The GS is a VERY nice car and yours is representative of the nicer ones out there for sale.

The following is as an FYI (not meant as a thread crap by any means). I am trying to be helpful by providing one perspective. I have watched the market recently on these cars.

The C6 GS market seems soft right now based on what I've seen (limited access to data). For example, there's a clean '11 GS vert in Cyber Gray with 50K miles near me that is a sweet ride. Car was picked up at auction 4+ mo's ago. Is currently priced ~37K. It isn't selling. I made an offer and the salesman didn't even bother to counter. That says to me that he is confident it will sell at full price.

There's another '11 vert with ~50K miles (white with ebony interior) listed at $31.5K. Advert says it was reduced. That car hasn't sold in 3 mos. (not sure of the price history). Looks like a fairly nice car from what I can see in the pics, but it isn't local to me.

I don't have enough data for C6 non-GS models currently, so not totally sure about the used C6 market as a whole . I don't know if prices are dropping because the '18's were released in June, soft buying market or what. I have watched eBay and am not seeing these cars selling upon completion of the auction.

I realize that these cars are not the same as yours. The information is more anecdotal than anything but I thought it may help to share what I've seen recently.

It appears that your price is getting closer to what the market will bear given the condition and mileage of your car.

I am looking for an '11, '12 or '13 GS vert in very good condition with 50K or less miles and am holding out for one in the $32K range. To complicate things, I want a Cyber Gray one with 3LT, so the market I'm in is much more limited. I may have to wait for cold weather to settle in or sit on my purchase for another year or so to get what I want, but I am not in a hurry. Just one buyer's perspective. I hope that helped.

GLWS.

Frank
The following users liked this post:
AMG_Dan (08-26-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 12:36 PM
AMG_Dan
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOLD to dealer for 32.5K.

Should have done that 2 months ago.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:55 PM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by QwikSilvr
Great car you have there. The GS is a VERY nice car and yours is representative of the nicer ones out there for sale.

The following is as an FYI (not meant as a thread crap by any means). I am trying to be helpful by providing one perspective. I have watched the market recently on these cars.

The C6 GS market seems soft right now based on what I've seen (limited access to data). For example, there's a clean '11 GS vert in Cyber Gray with 50K miles near me that is a sweet ride. Car was picked up at auction 4+ mo's ago. Is currently priced ~37K. It isn't selling. I made an offer and the salesman didn't even bother to counter. That says to me that he is confident it will sell at full price.

There's another '11 vert with ~50K miles (white with ebony interior) listed at $31.5K. Advert says it was reduced. That car hasn't sold in 3 mos. (not sure of the price history). Looks like a fairly nice car from what I can see in the pics, but it isn't local to me.

I don't have enough data for C6 non-GS models currently, so not totally sure about the used C6 market as a whole . I don't know if prices are dropping because the '18's were released in June, soft buying market or what. I have watched eBay and am not seeing these cars selling upon completion of the auction.

I realize that these cars are not the same as yours. The information is more anecdotal than anything but I thought it may help to share what I've seen recently.

It appears that your price is getting closer to what the market will bear given the condition and mileage of your car.

I am looking for an '11, '12 or '13 GS vert in very good condition with 50K or less miles and am holding out for one in the $32K range. To complicate things, I want a Cyber Gray one with 3LT, so the market I'm in is much more limited. I may have to wait for cold weather to settle in or sit on my purchase for another year or so to get what I want, but I am not in a hurry. Just one buyer's perspective. I hope that helped.

GLWS.

Frank
So you think you can buy a '13 GS convertible in the pretty rare Cyber Gray with 3LT for $32k ? Good luck with that, but highly doubtful unless its got a salvage title, bad Carfax or you wait 3 more years. There's a fine line between an educated consumer and a ridiculous consumer. Enough said.

Congrats to the OP . . . good price on a 1LT coupe, and further supports my comments above.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:01 AM
QwikSilvr
Pro

Originally Posted by csf
So you think you can buy a '13 GS convertible in the pretty rare Cyber Gray with 3LT for $32k ? Good luck with that, but highly doubtful unless its got a salvage title, bad Carfax or you wait 3 more years. There's a fine line between an educated consumer and a ridiculous consumer. Enough said.

Congrats to the OP . . . good price on a 1LT coupe, and further supports my comments above.
I usually stay away from getting personal. Since you did so, and most importantly, to share knowledge with my CF brethren and to continue to contribute to this forum, here's a lesson in some basic reading comprehension skills for you csf. Notice that I said I would hold out for an '11, '12 or '13 MY GS... Have you checked the market lately or did you just open your mouth and insert foot? Currently there's an '11 cyber grey 3LT 'vert with 50K miles that is cherry, no title or Carfax issues one owner car that the dealer has listed for less than $37K. Oh, and it has the Z16 option. The dealer has been sitting on that car for 4+ months (right through prime convertible season) with the car unsold. It was meticulously maintained and is CHERRY. Not a thing in the world wrong with it. It's the market. Here it comes... his asking price is too HIGH. Oh, guess what rough trade-in (or approx. wholesale) is for this car? $29K ($29,075). So, if I find a private seller who is ready to trade in, you think that I couldn't get a similar car for $30K - $31K? Now who looks ridiculous? Additionally, I'll add some further enlightenment to your comment... 2013 GS 'verts appear to be wholesaling for ~$32K. I usually buy my cars for a very small premium over wholesale (never retail) because I don't fall in love with them. It is VERY doubtful that I will have to wait 3 years to buy the car I want at the price I want. Again, add something useful or don't add anything. It makes you look uninformed and worse, it perpetuates BS that other forum members may buy as truth which only serves to hurt them.

Help your brethren

Last edited by QwikSilvr; 08-29-2017 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:17 AM
csf
Melting Slicks

Received 207 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by QwikSilvr
I usually stay away from getting personal. Since you did so, and most importantly, to share knowledge with my CF brethren and to continue to contribute to this forum, here's a lesson in some basic reading comprehension skills for you csf. Notice that I said I would hold out for an '11, '12 or '13 MY GS... Have you checked the market lately or did you just open your mouth and insert foot? Currently there's an '11 cyber grey 3LT 'vert with 50K miles that is cherry, no title or Carfax issues one owner car that the dealer has listed for less than $37K. Oh, and it has the Z16 option. The dealer has been sitting on that car for 4+ months (right through prime convertible season) with the car unsold. It was meticulously maintained and is CHERRY. Not a thing in the world wrong with it. It's the market. Here it comes... his asking price is too HIGH. Oh, guess what rough trade-in (or approx. wholesale) is for this car? $29K ($29,075). So, if I find a private seller who is ready to trade in, you think that I couldn't get a similar car for $30K - $31K? Now who looks ridiculous? Additionally, I'll add some further enlightenment to your comment... 2013 GS 'verts appear to be wholesaling for ~$32K. I usually buy my cars for a very small premium over wholesale (never retail) because I don't fall in love with them. It is VERY doubtful that I will have to wait 3 years to buy the car I want at the price I want. Again, add something useful or don't add anything. It makes you look uninformed and worse, it perpetuates BS that other forum members may buy as truth which only serves to hurt them.

Help your brethren
Ok . . . I wasnt gonna respond to such BS but can't help myself.

To start, I suggest you look at the sticky "Interference In A For Sale Thread" above. If you can't find it, here is what iit says:

If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

Your comments to the seller, while presented as a "helpful discussion", are in reality a way of the telling the seller his price is too high, possibly harming his sale. Perhaps this is your way of convincing yourself a C6 GS isn't worth what he or other sellers or asking, or possibly you honestly think you were helping. Either way, its not appropriate to post in someone else's for sale thread that the market is soft, tell them about other cars not selling, or that their price is too high, and as noted above is close to a violation of forum rules. If you want to help your "CF brethern" keep your pricing analysis to yourself or contact the seller privately.

As for my reading comprehension, you clearly wrote you hoped to get an 11, 12 or 13 GS vert for $32k. And I responded you were not going to get a 13 for that price any time soon, which is the case. I did not mention 11s or 12s. Quoting the status of 2 vehicles that have not sold in your area has nothing to do with the entire national C6 GS market . . . neither do wholesale or auction prices. My local dealer has a bunch of used C7s sitting on his lot while the C6's (and C5's) they get sell pretty quickly. I just saw a 13 GS vert with the anniversary stripe package sell in one weekend. Additionally, as I pointed out, the seller in this thread got $32.5k from a dealer for his beautiful 13 GS 1LT coupe . . . which they will certainly sell for more than that.

I'm glad you consider yourself such an informed buyer of automobiles, who is willing to wait a year or more for that perfect wholesale deal, because you don't fall in love with your vehicles. For me, my time is worth money, and I have no desire to spend months or years looking for the perfect deal. Life is too short. And I've only bought about 40 vehicles in my lifetime. But I saw the exact GS I wanted, got a fair deal and bought it. And unlike you, I'm happy to admit I totally love it.

So good luck looking for that perfect price the next year or two. I can tell from your deep concern for the other forum members that you will be glad to know that while you are out there searching your fellow CF brethern will all be drving and enjoying their Corvettes every day.
Old 08-30-2017, 07:09 AM
QwikSilvr
Pro

I'll make this simple so I can enjoy the car I just purchased instead of arguing with someone who was a) looking for a fight, b) upset that C6 GS's are losing their market value c) being the forum police AND lapsing in reading comprehension or d) just not adding any value to a thread with exception for a pat on the back to the seller which made me suspect b above:

1 - He asked, I answered, therefore it was not a thread crap. Answering someone's question in a meaningful way is helpful. I gave him a buyer's perspective because he asked why his car was not selling. I can't help that the answer made you uncomfortable. It was not directed at you. Why did you bother to jump into a discussion with an insult when the answer to his question was directed at him? Take a look at my profile and you will notice I have been around here a long time, but thanks for reminding others of the forum rules.

2 - I've purchased more cars than I can remember. I enjoy them too, only for less cost because I spend a little extra time searching for a great deal. It really isn't that hard. Time is money, and while I learn something about the vehicles I seek out, I also learn about market conditions. Win win.

3 - Tonight I go pick up a VERY good condition '12 with every option I want in my 2nd color of choice for $33K. It doesn't have F55. Didn't want it. Otherwise it is fully loaded, no title issues or accidents nor other crap, just a great car. Yep, I spent a few hours more and saved $4K vs an older car in the color I preferred. Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you. I'm happy with my find AND, here it comes, will be enjoying some C6 driving this evening.

Being nice goes a long way. You could easily have said that you would be surprised (or is it shocked that these late model C6 GS's values are dropping like rocks) if I could purchase the car I wanted for such a low price. Instead, you threw what bordered on an insult out there.

Don't bother responding. I am unsubscribing from this thread and will no longer see nor reply to this thread. If you want to take this offline and keep it between us personally, I'd be happy to do so. Hell, to show that I don't begrudge others for their indiscretions, come through my area and I'll buy you a beer to celebrate our membership in the same club: GS ownership.

Peace...

Originally Posted by csf
Ok . . . I wasnt gonna respond to such BS but can't help myself.

To start, I suggest you look at the sticky "Interference In A For Sale Thread" above. If you can't find it, here is what iit says:

If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

Your comments to the seller, while presented as a "helpful discussion", are in reality a way of the telling the seller his price is too high, possibly harming his sale. Perhaps this is your way of convincing yourself a C6 GS isn't worth what he or other sellers or asking, or possibly you honestly think you were helping. Either way, its not appropriate to post in someone else's for sale thread that the market is soft, tell them about other cars not selling, or that their price is too high, and as noted above is close to a violation of forum rules. If you want to help your "CF brethern" keep your pricing analysis to yourself or contact the seller privately.

As for my reading comprehension, you clearly wrote you hoped to get an 11, 12 or 13 GS vert for $32k. And I responded you were not going to get a 13 for that price any time soon, which is the case. I did not mention 11s or 12s. Quoting the status of 2 vehicles that have not sold in your area has nothing to do with the entire national C6 GS market . . . neither do wholesale or auction prices. My local dealer has a bunch of used C7s sitting on his lot while the C6's (and C5's) they get sell pretty quickly. I just saw a 13 GS vert with the anniversary stripe package sell in one weekend. Additionally, as I pointed out, the seller in this thread got $32.5k from a dealer for his beautiful 13 GS 1LT coupe . . . which they will certainly sell for more than that.

I'm glad you consider yourself such an informed buyer of automobiles, who is willing to wait a year or more for that perfect wholesale deal, because you don't fall in love with your vehicles. For me, my time is worth money, and I have no desire to spend months or years looking for the perfect deal. Life is too short. And I've only bought about 40 vehicles in my lifetime. But I saw the exact GS I wanted, got a fair deal and bought it. And unlike you, I'm happy to admit I totally love it.

So good luck looking for that perfect price the next year or two. I can tell from your deep concern for the other forum members that you will be glad to know that while you are out there searching your fellow CF brethern will all be drving and enjoying their Corvettes every day.

Quick Reply: FS: 2013 Corvette Grand Sport 1LT (under $35k)