Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 11 Grand Sport $25k

Old 08-04-2017, 03:18 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sold

Sold

Last edited by pigsmokr; 08-31-2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 08-06-2017, 03:36 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

https://youtu.be/kMYduhD7FmI

Last edited by pigsmokr; 08-06-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Nick_2010
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very Interested... But am also very curious:

1. Why didn't the previous owner go through the process to make this a rebuilt title? I'm concerned about all of the pieces that were in the flood, aside from the new motor.
2. Have you owned the vehicle the last 3 years? Any maintenance or electrical issues come up at all?
3. Why selling?
4. What is your bottom dollar on this?

We can take it to PM if that works for you. I'm looking to get back into a C6 GS and this looks like a great deal but a flood car scares me.
The following users liked this post:
Rich Mickol (08-22-2017)
Old 08-06-2017, 05:43 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nick_2010
Very Interested... But am also very curious:

1. Why didn't the previous owner go through the process to make this a rebuilt title? I'm concerned about all of the pieces that were in the flood, aside from the new motor.
2. Have you owned the vehicle the last 3 years? Any maintenance or electrical issues come up at all?
3. Why selling?
4. What is your bottom dollar on this?

We can take it to PM if that works for you. I'm looking to get back into a C6 GS and this looks like a great deal but a flood car scares me.
it is a rebuilt title from my understanding. He had to have ky dmv inspect the car after he made the repairs. Ky dmv laws are nowhere as strick as nc. Ive owned the car about 4 months now and have put around 3k miles on it. There are no issues with this car, ive driven it enough and the incodent occured over 3 years ago. Selling because i cant resister it due to strick nc laws. The car can be registered in ky and sc and several other states but not nc that i know of.

Last edited by pigsmokr; 08-14-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:41 PM
SeeYah
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

So you are selling a car that has a title that is not in your name and is from a another state? While a car that has a salvage title can easily be titled in Texas as a salvaged vehicle, not buying a car from the titled owner or a registered dealer can cause problems for someone as they have to purchase a bond which would amount to hundreds of dollars based on the value of the bond. Also a quick google on registering a salvage vehicle in NC resulted in this response....
Unless the damage is particularly extensive, a salvaged vehicle may be restored back to being roadworthy again. A salvaged vehicle that has been restored and rebuilt to fit legal road standards will be given a “rebuilt salvage” title. A rebuilt salvage will also receive a new certificate from North Carolina DMV.
North Carolina Salvaged Vehicles - I Drive Safely
https://www.idrivesafely.com/dmv/nor...aged-vehicles/

One suggestion to help move your sale forward since you were unsuccessful in your last post on this car might be to submit a picture of the KY title (you may want to cover the owner name on the title) so that potential buyers can see exactly what you have for a title and let them investigate what they would be dealing with registering the car in their particular state.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:54 AM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Originally Posted by SeeYah
So you are selling a car that has a title that is not in your name and is from a another state? While a car that has a salvage title can easily be titled in Texas as a salvaged vehicle, not buying a car from the titled owner or a registered dealer can cause problems for someone as they have to purchase a bond which would amount to hundreds of dollars based on the value of the bond. Also a quick google on registering a salvage vehicle in NC resulted in this response....
Unless the damage is particularly extensive, a salvaged vehicle may be restored back to being roadworthy again. A salvaged vehicle that has been restored and rebuilt to fit legal road standards will be given a “rebuilt salvage” title. A rebuilt salvage will also receive a new certificate from North Carolina DMV.
North Carolina Salvaged Vehicles - I Drive Safely
https://www.idrivesafely.com/dmv/nor...aged-vehicles/

One suggestion to help move your sale forward since you were unsuccessful in your last post on this car might be to submit a picture of the KY title (you may want to cover the owner name on the title) so that potential buyers can see exactly what you have for a title and let them investigate what they would be dealing with registering the car in their particular state.
i have all the paperwork signed and notarized reafy to be signed over to buyer! Ive made it clear nc will not reg the car. Only a select few states will. If someone is interested and wants more info they can pm me.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:28 AM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

could you post the VIN ?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:24 PM
jetlag
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The odometer isn't showing anything and parts of the gauges are blacked out. Does it have some electrical gremlins from the water damage?

You say you never registered it in your name, so on the KY title you have now, was a date of sale ever written on it or did you sign on the buyer's line?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:30 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Originally Posted by jetlag
The odometer isn't showing anything and parts of the gauges are blacked out. Does it have some electrical gremlins from the water damage?

You say you never registered it in your name, so on the KY title you have now, was a date of sale ever written on it or did you sign on the buyer's line?
There is not one issue with this car! I still drive it almost everyday. It doesnt show the milage because i have it turned off. Click the u tube link and you will see everything is perfect working order. Yes i signed the title, no it wasnt transfered, had to get an affitdavid signed and notarized from previous owner which allows me to transfer to new owner!
Old 08-08-2017, 05:19 PM
SeeYah
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Dale002
could you post the VIN ?
From his for sale post 2-3 months ago on the same car, here is the VIN # 1G1YW2DW4B5103724. It shows 37 records on Carfax but I didn't buy the $40 report to see what they were. Without knowing about the title situation, etc, I'm going to stay on the sidelines on this car.

For the OP, I really think that you would advance the sale of your car better if you posted pictures of the title to let people see what you've got. Saying that you think that it has a KY rebuilt title makes people suspicious. Plus 2 months ago you stated that in the prior ad that the only reason that you were selling was to buy a rental house. Now it is because you say that NC won't issue a title. I could be a buyer but I'm leery without more details about the title and with your changing stories. Others may be in the same boat.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:30 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Originally Posted by SeeYah
From his for sale post 2-3 months ago on the same car, here is the VIN # 1G1YW2DW4B5103724. It shows 37 records on Carfax but I didn't buy the $40 report to see what they were. Without knowing about the title situation, etc, I'm going to stay on the sidelines on this car.

For the OP, I really think that you would advance the sale of your car better if you posted pictures of the title to let people see what you've got. Saying that you think that it has a KY rebuilt title makes people suspicious. Plus 2 months ago you stated that in the prior ad that the only reason that you were selling was to buy a rental house. Now it is because you say that NC won't issue a title. I could be a buyer but I'm leery without more details about the title and with your changing stories. Others may be in the same boat.
that was my intent a couple months, but at that time i did not know nc was not going to give me the title man. Thats why i stopped trying to sell it so i could get everything in order. So i had to put my rental plans on hold.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:32 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Last edited by pigsmokr; 08-14-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Have confirmed this car can registered in SC, and KY. Had someone interested in the car and said TN would also but i have not confirmed that.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

$23k cash FIRM!
Old 08-22-2017, 03:05 PM
DWRAT
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/pagin...YW2DW4B5103724
The following 2 users liked this post by DWRAT:
lwise4 (08-25-2017), SeeYah (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 06:23 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

THX!

Also here is the original window sticker.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:37 PM
atikovi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Florida certificate of destruction in 2015.

Any state DMV that runs the vin prior to titling (and most do) ain't going to give you a title except for KY and one other state I know of. It's not SC or TN so it may be possible. You would be wise to disclose the COD history up front or it could come back and bite you in the *** years later.

Get notified of new replies

To 11 Grand Sport $25k

Old 08-22-2017, 07:51 PM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Originally Posted by atikovi
Florida certificate of destruction in 2015.

Any state DMV that runs the vin prior to titling (and most do) ain't going to give you a title except for KY and one other state I know of. It's not SC or TN so it may be possible. You would be wise to disclose the COD history up front or it could come back and bite you in the *** years later.
I've made the history pretty clear, and I've had a couple people from sc talk to there dmv and I've also called sc dmv and ky dmv and confirmed they will title/register the car. I have not advertised a never seen rain, show car, never wrecked vette. It's a super nice 36k mile salvaged car for much less $ than the same car with a clean title. Not sure what else needs to be said. So yes it can be registered in KY and SC, and several other states, but before anyone buys this car i will ask them to call there dmv and confirm before handing me cash! I am not trying to unload the car on someone else smh. Im not calling every state, but will answer any other questions someone has. Someone has posted the cars history report above! Ive posted everything else about the car. Thx
Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Dale002
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Last edited by Dale002; 08-22-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:16 AM
pigsmokr
Advanced

Here are the original pictures from auction someone sent me. It was running and driving still, and it didnt have a water line on the side.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 11 Grand Sport $25k