Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2009 Cyber Grey Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:37 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 2009 Cyber Grey Z06

SOLD 12.4.17

EDIT 11/22/17: SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Hi Corvetteforum:

Looking at selling my 2009 Cyber Grey Z06 with 33,720 miles. The car has been meticulously cared for and maintained, always hand washed and detailed with the best products. I purchased this car in Jan of this year from the original owner; at the time the car had 31,500 miles. The original owner sold the car because he was a retiring Doctor and driving a manual was uncomfortable. I am selling because my fiance moved into the house and with three cars (I have a daily driver) the Z isn't getting out much (of course the Z is in the garage and the daily driver is in the driveway). The car has never seen rain, while in my ownership or the first owners. I spoke to the original owner in detail about the car and he was a Porsche enthusiast that drove a Cayenne when the weather was bad and a Carrera when it was nice. He drove the Z very sparingly because it became difficult for him.

The car was broken in properly and maintained that way. All fluids were replaced in the car before I bought it and I changed the oil 500 miles ago. The driver seat shows like the car has <5k miles and the passenger seat is indistinguishable from new. No accidents, no paintwork, clean title. Have all keys, and books. Car is completely stock except for a tint (Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Film - 30% front and 15% back), Corsa catback and the JW red led tails. I have the stock taillights but don't have the stock exhaust.

This is my 4th Z06. I sold my first three to forum members who were all out of state. I am used to the demands of an out of state buyer and will happily answer any questions someone has. I bought this car sight unseen (spent hours talking to the owner) and was not disappointed or surprised by anything when the car arrived. The car was delivered to me in an enclosed trailer.

Details:
2009 Cyber Grey Z06 - 33,720 miles
2LZ Package
Interior: black and red combo

Frequently asked questions:

Number of owners? I am the second.
Has it ever been smoked in? Never.
Has it ever been tracked/raced? No.
Has it been stored in a garage? Yes, it stays in my garage every night.
Any mechanical issues outstanding? No, everything is working perfectly. Service up to date/performed at correct intervals.
How are the brakes and tires? Brakes are excellent, very little wear. The tires have been gently used and still have a lot of life remaining (70%).
Has it ever been modified? No engine modifications. Only modifications are tint (Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Film), Corsa catback and the JW Red LED Tails.
Has it ever been in a wreck? No.
Will you take trades? No.
Any funny smells or sounds? No. Never eat or drink in the car. This is my fourth Z06 and this one is the quietest of the all. The interior doesn't squeak or rattle. Everything is very solid which is a testament to how it has been treated.
Have the heads been addressed? Engine is completely stock, including the heads.

Buy details:
Asking price: $35,500
Asking price option: When I bought the car (at the very end of January), I purchased the 24 month/24k miles platinum GMEPP warranty from Dennis Fitcher. The estimated pro rated premium refund I would receive is approximately $1,475. This warranty does transfer so if you are interested in the warranty, I would sell the car, inclusive of the warranty, for $36,970 ($35,500 + $1,475, less 75 because I like round numbers).
Car is located in Austin, TX.
Buyer is responsible for shipping but will meet a shipping truck within a reasonable distance. Will pick up at the Austin airport if you fly in. Will make sure the car has a full tank of gas.

Terms are as stated above. Serious offers/buyers only, don't waste my time with low ball offers and I won't waste yours. If you wish to see the car in person or have any questions, please feel free to ask and let me know. Hopefully, this thorough post answers many of them.

Please contact me via email rbmeck at gmail dot com or PM or text 512 - nine 4 zero - 8 one six nine. For fastest response, email or text.

Edit: REMOVED PICTURES. I DIDN'T REALIZE THEY WOULD BE THAT BIG. WILL POST CORRECT SIZE PICTURES SHORTLY

Last edited by golfinz; 12-04-2017 at 04:58 PM.
The following users liked this post:
IMXCITD (11-19-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 09:55 PM
Limitless100
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car, sounds like it was really taken care of! No modifications at all in the entire life of the car?

Out of curiosity, why is it that people like to mention that the car has never seen rain? It's as if the car isn't washed regularly with water haha. Garage kept is a massive plus that makes sense, but I never really understood the rain thing. Maybe states with extremely acidic rain...
Old 11-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Nick__S
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Limitless100
Beautiful car, sounds like it was really taken care of! No modifications at all in the entire life of the car?

Out of curiosity, why is it that people like to mention that the car has never seen rain? It's as if the car isn't washed regularly with water haha. Garage kept is a massive plus that makes sense, but I never really understood the rain thing. Maybe states with extremely acidic rain...
Well being a person that likes to keep my vehicles clean I will say that it’s not so much the rain on the top and sides of a car that matter but when you drive on wet roads you throw up a lot of pretty dirty water and crap all over the underside of the car. And all that dirty water makes it way into areas like the engine bay and other areas under the car that you likely won’t wash when you do wash the car. So it’s different just getting the outside wet with water and a hose when you wash it when compared to driving it in the rain.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:49 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Limitless100

Correct, the car has never been modified except for the tint, exhaust and LED tails. Never tuned or had bolt ons. My prior three Z06 were modified ranging from cam only to a supercharged fully built 402 that made 1k-hp. I purposely bought a stock car (except the catback) and planned on keeping it stock.

The post below yours explains why “never seen rain” is important so some. I didn’t want a car that was driven in inclimate weather due to excess wear and tear on the undercarriage.

Originally Posted by Nick__S
Well being a person that likes to keep my vehicles clean I will say that it’s not so much the rain on the top and sides of a car that matter but when you drive on wet roads you throw up a lot of pretty dirty water and crap all over the underside of the car. And all that dirty water makes it way into areas like the engine bay and other areas under the car that you likely won’t wash when you do wash the car. So it’s different just getting the outside wet with water and a hose when you wash it when compared to driving it in the rain.
Thanks!

Last edited by golfinz; 11-16-2017 at 11:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:58 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Edited: forgot the car has TX legal window tint. Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic Film. 30% front and 15% rear.

Last edited by golfinz; 11-16-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:53 PM
jmneill
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick__S
^100%

Not to mention there's no way around the fact that every wet shoe that enters the vehicle inherently introduces the interior of the automobile to the filth that resides on the surface of every parking lot in the country.

Beautiful Z.

GLWTS
Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 PM
red88L98convert
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So happy to see cars listed with realistic values. Someone with a stock 09 Z is trying to sell it locally for $46K!!!!! Mods are coilovers and wheels. Mileage is 40,000.
Seriously don't know what some people are thinking.....
golfinz (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 09:58 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Updated the first post for another purchase option (to include the platinum GMEPP warranty).
Old 11-19-2017, 03:08 AM
WC_Racer
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That red interior! GLWS!!
golfinz (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 07:24 PM
JD2590
Navigator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeeze this is the exact Z I've bee looking for miles, interior etc. Unfortunately, haven't sold my 03 cobra yet or this would be coming back to CT in a heartbeat. Great price and vehicle. GLWS! More pictures for my entertainment!
golfinz (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 07:28 PM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 897 Likes on 686 Posts

Beautiful car and you're local! GLWS
golfinz (11-19-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 07:59 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Beautiful car and you're local! GLWS
Happy to meet up with you to see it in person.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:17 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Sharp! GLWS!
golfinz (11-19-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 10:01 AM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Bump for pictures.

edit: Wow, talk about huge pictures! Will resize and post later.

Last edited by golfinz; 11-20-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:54 PM
misery
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 23 Posts

I really want this car. If I can just sell my '72 coupe. Wife.gov already gave me the go ahead.
golfinz (11-20-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 07:34 AM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow, this is a steal! GLWS, but I doubt you will need it!
Old 11-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Texan79423
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 138 Posts

Is the car a LS3 or LS7? What option package 1,2,3?

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 Cyber Grey Z06

Old 11-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Eric Fischer
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Looking forward to seeing more pics. I am one of those types that appreciate a car that has never been driven in the rain.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:22 PM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by texan79423
is the car a ls3 or ls7? What option package 1,2,3?
ls7, 2lz.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:18 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Edit: sold pending funds.

Quick Reply: FS: 2009 Cyber Grey Z06