Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: Gauging interest... 2006 Z06 800hp N/A LSX Block.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 09:43 AM
black06vette
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Gauging interest... 2006 Z06 800hp N/A LSX Block.

Thinking about selling my 2006 Z06 8000 miles. Car is in perfect condition and is 100% garage kept.

Built 800hp NA motor
​LSX Block (440ci)
All pro heads (custom bigger intake valves)
Callies Magnum crank (4"stroke)
Callies ultralight I-beam connecting rods (6.125)
Diamond pistons (4.185 bore 12.5:1 compression)
King bearings
2" kooks headers
Zr1 clutch.
All new Michelin pilot sport cup2 tires

Looking for at least 45k

Thanks.....Ed
Old 03-16-2018, 11:44 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Sounds like a beast! Any dyno numbers? Is it an E85 only car? Looking forward to some pics.
Old 03-16-2018, 12:08 PM
Blue Vert 91
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If it wasn't black I'd be interested
Old 03-16-2018, 12:35 PM
black06vette
Instructor

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
Sounds like a beast! Any dyno numbers? Is it an E85 only car? Looking forward to some pics.
Nope runs fine on whatever.... if you want to be brutal on it a torco or a race gas mix. If you want to drive the car normally sunoco 94 is fine. It runs really well either way.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:28 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Pics please.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:41 PM
black06vette
Instructor

Sorry guys this is all I have if it right now, it's at my shop under a cover but I'll try to get some more pictures tomorrow or Sunday

Picture
View this post on Instagram

Idle
View this post on Instagram
Old 03-17-2018, 02:40 PM
black06vette
Instructor

Bump
Old 03-19-2018, 05:40 PM
black06vette
Instructor

Afternoon bump
Old 03-21-2018, 04:50 PM
black06vette
Instructor

Too much car I guess lol
Old 03-21-2018, 08:48 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by black06vette
Too much car I guess lol
Probably need to post some more info. What did it dyno? You are making a pretty bold claim of 800HP N/A. We both know that is a crank HP number that you must have calculated from your dyno pulls. So, what did the car dyno? What fuel was used? There are very few Z's dynoing over 700whp N/A. If you don't have a dyno, then how do you know what kind of power it makes? Do you have track times/trap speeds to back it up?
Old 03-21-2018, 08:59 PM
black06vette
Instructor

Probably need to post some more info. What did it dyno? You are making a pretty bold claim of 800HP N/A. We both know that is a crank HP number that you must have calculated from your dyno pulls. So, what did the car dyno? What fuel was used? There are very few Z's dynoing over 700whp N/A. If you don't have a dyno, then how do you know what kind of power it makes? Do you have track times/trap speeds to back it up?
It wasn't really that kind of thread. I just want to see if there's actually interest in the car. If someone is truly interested then I'll give everything they ask for. I'm not trying to please a bunch of tire kickers. Furthermore, I don't really think 800hp at the crank is all that bold. We have guys running around claiming 600- 630rwhp out of stock bottom ended LS7s... This is a motor that cost a lot of money just in parts(more in total than some cars are worth). For instance it has a 7k set of heads on it and the car itself has 8000 miles on it. It's definitely not a car for everyone and it's definitely not a toy.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:01 AM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

It wasn't really that kind of thread. I just want to see if there's actually interest in the car. If someone is truly interested then I'll give everything they ask for. I'm not trying to please a bunch of tire kickers. Furthermore, I don't really think 800hp at the crank is all that bold. We have guys running around claiming 600- 630rwhp out of stock bottom ended LS7s... This is a motor that cost a lot of money just in parts(more in total than some cars are worth). For instance it has a 7k set of heads on it and the car itself has 8000 miles on it. It's definitely not a car for everyone and it's definitely not a toy.

Sorry to break this to you but there are not that many 700whp C6Z's running around...only a very small handful. Your claims of 800HP N/A is a bold statement...

Maybe you aren't getting that much interest because you won't post up dyno numbers or track times. Didn't think that was catering to tire kickers. Most buyers would want to know that. Especially the ones who appreciate a good NA build. But what do I know...one of my cars is a 750HP NA Viper on 93 pump.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:24 AM
black06vette
Instructor

Sorry to break this to you but there are not that many 700whp C6Z's running around...only a very small handful. Your claims of 800HP N/A is a bold statement...

Maybe you aren't getting that much interest because you won't post up dyno numbers or track times. Didn't think that was catering to tire kickers. Most buyers would want to know that. Especially the ones who appreciate a good NA build. But what do I know...one of my cars is a 750HP NA Viper on 93 pump.

Good luck with your sale.
Im not posting anything so someone can offer me 40k for the car....thats insulting... If someone was to say this is exactly what I've been looking for then we can talk and go over specifics. It was merely a interest thread because I was debating selling the car... I don't need to sell it and I honestly don't know if I want to sell it, but I do know for sure that I don't want to do a lot of gathering and posting of things, maybe 10 yrs ago I would have but I'd rather just talk to someone and they can come see the car if they want to and they're serious. Again, this isn't a car for everyone... Whoever wants this car knows what they what they're looking for and they don't need the dyno sheet... I mean I wouldn't but I also know what I'd be looking for. So far it hasn't garnered a ton of traction and that's fine, when it's time to go the right person will come along, I'm in no hurry.
Thanks for the input though.....maybe one day we can settle the Viper vs Corvette discussion at a 1/2 mile track event.... I'm pretty confident this thing would break 200 the way it sits.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:17 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

why pick on the add if your not interested in buying??? Pretty much all big boys here. If someone needs to know they can ask.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:11 AM
renegade123
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Im not posting anything so someone can offer me 40k for the car....thats insulting... If someone was to say this is exactly what I've been looking for then we can talk and go over specifics. It was merely a interest thread because I was debating selling the car... I don't need to sell it and I honestly don't know if I want to sell it, but I do know for sure that I don't want to do a lot of gathering and posting of things, maybe 10 yrs ago I would have but I'd rather just talk to someone and they can come see the car if they want to and they're serious. Again, this isn't a car for everyone... Whoever wants this car knows what they what they're looking for and they don't need the dyno sheet... I mean I wouldn't but I also know what I'd be looking for. So far it hasn't garnered a ton of traction and that's fine, when it's time to go the right person will come along, I'm in no hurry.
Thanks for the input though.....maybe one day we can settle the Viper vs Corvette discussion at a 1/2 mile track event.... I'm pretty confident this thing would break 200 the way it sits.
Hey Bro, if you post all the info in this thread, it will most likely cut down on all those " tire kickers/ low ballers " you are talking about. Just a thought, but this may make it alot easier on you posting EVERYTHING in this thread ONCE, as opposed to constantly sending pics and info to those private messaging you.BTW, I am not interested in the car, just trying to offer some helpful advice. Good luck with the sale, care looks mint
Old 03-22-2018, 12:35 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Well I hope someone comes along and gives you what you are looking for. I'm sure the car is a beast but 200MPH in the 1/2 is not happening bro. I don't think you realize what it takes to go that fast in the half mile...well over 1000whp in a Vette/Viper...along with gearing, tire, and seat time.

Again, good luck with the sale!
Old 03-22-2018, 12:37 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale
why pick on the add if your not interested in buying??? Pretty much all big boys here. If someone needs to know they can ask.
I'm going to assume that you were drunk when you wrote this. Along with your atrocious grammar, you failed to read anything I posted. I was interested in the car...that is why I asked the questions. Cool post though.

"Pretty much all the big boys here"...what are you in 8th grade?

Get notified of new replies

To Gauging interest... 2006 Z06 800hp N/A LSX Block.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:46 PM
black06vette
Instructor

Well I hope someone comes along and gives you what you are looking for. I'm sure the car is a beast but 200MPH in the 1/2 is not happening bro. I don't think you realize what it takes to go that fast in the half mile...well over 1000whp in a Vette/Viper...along with gearing, tire, and seat time.

OK lol
Old 03-22-2018, 12:57 PM
black06vette
Instructor

It really isn't a thread about how fast the car is or how fast it isn't. If someone is interested they can come and see how fast it is and how nicely it drives. That being said you know the most basics of basics about the car so please don't feel the need to tell me how fast it is or how fast it could be. If you want more details feel free to come see it or talk to me about it. Clearly you dont want those things though so you should probably just stick to what you know about your Viper.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:32 PM
Y2KRoadster
Melting Slicks

It really isn't a thread about how fast the car is or how fast it isn't. If someone is interested they can come and see how fast it is and how nicely it drives. That being said you know the most basics of basics about the car so please don't feel the need to tell me how fast it is or how fast it could be. If you want more details feel free to come see it or talk to me about it. Clearly you dont want those things though so you should probably just stick to what you know about your Viper.

Clearly you don't know anything about me. I have owned several boosted Vette's...with the current one being over 1000HP through a YSi and AES built motor. I do all my own work (except the shortblock assembly) and probably know C5's and C6's better than you ever will.

When you're selling an N/A car that you claim has 800HP N/A, people are going to want to know how fast it is, where you dynode it, and what times it ran if you took it to the drag strip.

You're the one who made the ridiculous claim that your 680-700whp C6Z06 (if it even really makes that power N/A...you have yet to offer any proof) can turn 200MPH in the half mile. You obviously have no idea what kind of power it takes to run that sort of MPH in that distance. Go ask around...I'm done responding to you or your thread. I was seriously interested in your car but not now...you are too secretive about it and not willing to share any information...good day.

Last edited by Y2KRoadster; 03-22-2018 at 01:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Blue Vert 91 (03-25-2018)

Quick Reply: FS: Gauging interest... 2006 Z06 800hp N/A LSX Block.