Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2006 Corvette base, auto, $10,999 - Las Vegas, NV

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 07:37 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default 2006 Corvette base, auto, $10,999 - Las Vegas, NV

NEW PRICE: $10,999/BEST!

2006 Corvette base

198,800 miles
Machine Silver
Auto trans w/paddles
stock no mods
no leaks
Ice cold air
clean Nevada title in my name

I bought this car a bit over 2 years ago from the original owner, an older gentleman in his 60's. It was going to be a project car but I never got around to it and have moved on. It was stored indoors the whole time I've owned it. Higher miles but all interstate, always adult owned and the car has never been beat on or abused.

Below are recent repairs I've performed getting her ready for sale:

- Brand new GM fuel sending unit assembly including new GM fuel pump
- Both fuel level sending units replaced with new GM units
- New AC/Delco throttle body
- New AC/Delco battery
- Oil pan gasket replacement
- Oil pressure sending unit
- Hood struts
- Hatch struts
- Air filters and oil change

- Headlight covers replaced with RLsebring covers (stock in appearance but MUCH better quality than stock GM that fade/haze/crack)

- I have a friend who owns an upholstery shop who owed me a favor so, I had him redo the seats. The seats are now 100% genuine leather and the inserts are real alcantera. The original seats were of course beat up and I added the alcantea as the C6 seats don't really have any bolster and I hate “sliding around” in seats.

I have been driving it the past few months and it runs and drives great! Trans shifts crisp, oil pressure is at 40+ when started, never runs below 30+ when warm. I have both original fobs, two original keys, all original manuals, window sticker and receipts (many oil change receipts) from the Chevy dealer.

A few minor things:

- “service tire monitor” is on no idea why

- Sometimes the interior door open button on the drivers door doesn't like to work. Very random and maybe 1 out of 5 times. Just pull the lever to open the door. Exterior button always works

- Tires are rubbish. They will need to be replaced.

Overall good condition and drives nice. Not a garage queen, some minor squeaks/rattles. The clear coat is in good shape but has some minor scrapes around (see additional pic's in gallery at end of ad). Could use a good detail. I have been a mechanic for 20+ years and a forum member here for about the same amount of time. Feel free to ask any questions I'll answer as best as I can. Great way for a mechanically inclined person or get into a C6 cheap or, would also make an excellent race/track car project.

Happy to provide any additional pic's upon request. I have only run the car on temp registration but, the title is in my name and is clean and clear.

Asking $12,500/best

Open to offers of course. Unreasonable/low ball's will be ignored.

Located in Las Vegas, NV.

More pic's here:

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/vtvette/slideshow/Corvette2?sort=2&hotlinkfix=152530315163 8

Last edited by VtVette; 07-18-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:56 PM
C0rvetteFan
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Nice interior

Originally Posted by VtVette
2006 Corvette base

198,800 miles
Machine Silver
Auto trans w/paddles
stock no mods
no leaks
Ice cold air
clean Nevada title in my name

I bought this car a bit over 2 years ago from the original owner, an older gentleman in his 60's. It was going to be a project car but I never got around to it and have moved on. It was stored indoors the whole time I've owned it. Higher miles but all interstate, always adult owned and the car has never been beat on or abused.

Below are recent repairs I've performed getting her ready for sale:

- New AC/Delco battery
- Hood struts
- Hatch struts

- Headlight covers replaced with RLsebring covers (stock in appearance but MUCH better quality than stock GM that fade/haze/crack)

- I have a friend who owns an upholstery shop who owed me a favor so, I had him redo the seats. The seats are now 100% genuine leather and the inserts are real alcantera. The original seats were of course beat up and I added the alcantea as the C6 seats don't really have any bolster and I hate “sliding around” in seats.

I have been driving it the past few months and it runs and drives great! Trans shifts crisp, oil pressure is at 40+ when started, never runs below 30+ when warm. I have both original fobs, two original keys, all original manuals, window sticker and receipts (many oil change receipts) from the Chevy dealer.

A few minor things:

- Air bag light is on no idea why
- “service tire monitor” is on no idea why
- Sometimes the interior door open button on the drivers door doesn't like to work. Very random and maybe 1 out of 5 times. Just pull the lever to open the door. Exterior button always works

- Radio is “locked”. I bought a stock replacement radio off ebay as the volume **** on the original radio was messed up. Needs a Tech 2 or, trip to dealer to serialize the radio and unlock it.

- Tires are rubbish. They will need to be replaced. Wheels have curb rash around.

Overall good condition and drives nice. Not a garage queen, some minor squeaks/rattles. The clear coat is in good shape but has some minor scrapes around (see additional pic's in gallery at end of ad). Could use a good detail. I have been a mechanic for 20+ years and a forum member here for about the same amount of time. Feel free to ask any questions I'll answer as best as I can. Great way for a mechanically inclined person or get into a C6 cheap or, would also make an excellent race/track car project.

Happy to provide any additional pic's upon request. I have only run the car on temp registration but, the title is in my name and is clean and clear.

Asking $13,500/best

Open to offers of course. Unreasonable/low ball's will be ignored.

Located in Las Vegas, NV.

More pic's here:

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/vtve...=1525303151638
I like the new seats.
Nice car, nice deal, GLWS
Old 05-15-2018, 08:01 PM
C0rvetteFan
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by VtVette
B^U^M^P!

Radio is now unlocked and working great and Airbag light is off (had the common C6 drivers seat airbag wire chafing on the carpet issue).

Will likely go on Ebay soon.
I like the seats.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by C0rvetteFan
I like the seats.
Thanks! They did come out very nice. Comfy too!

I debate swapping the car to manual and keeping it but I just finished restoring a 1990 300zx twinturbo and don't have the room.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:35 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Bump!!
Old 07-18-2018, 12:24 AM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

BUMP new price $10,999/best!
Old 07-18-2018, 09:00 AM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

You are a mechanic and have owned this car for over 2 years but have not gotten permanent plates to drive the car around regularly.

What's wrong with the vehicle...what trouble codes/check engine lights on? With new tires would this make the drive across country?

Thank you.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:06 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Chicago Bob
You are a mechanic and have owned this car for over 2 years but have not gotten permanent plates to drive the car around regularly.

What's wrong with the vehicle...what trouble codes/check engine lights on? With new tires would this make the drive across country?

Thank you.
Hi Bob,

I bought this car with a friend of mine. We had a project in mind (we've done several in the past) but, we never had the time. I vacillated over selling the car and a friend of mine has a building in town where I could store it so, it sat in the building most of the time I owned it.

While I owned this car I also own a daily driver pickup-up, a Mercedes SL55 AMG (recently sold) and last fall bought and completely rebuilt a Nissan 300ZX Twinturbo, a car I've wanted since high school and is rising quickly in value so I figured I'd better pick one up now before I don't want to pay for one. I also have two motorcycles I try and ride occasionally so they don't just sit. Honestly, I would keep the Corvette but I prefer a manual transmission car as my "fun car". That's the only reason I also sold the Mercedes (never available in manual transmission). I have had several 30 day temp registrations on the Corvette and drove it for several hundred miles at a time recently to make sure it's 100% ready to sell.

I would honestly MUCH prefer to trade it for a C5 convertible with a manual transmission but, I just don't have the room (or time to drive) another car.

No check engine light, no pending codes, no DTC's, nothing. It had a few minor issues when I bought it but those have been addressed to get her ready for sale:

- New AC/Delco battery
- Hood struts
- Hatch struts

The ONLY issues this car has are:

- “service tire monitor” warning is on. My Tech2 says batteries are low/dead in a few of the TPMS sensors in the wheels.

- Tires are rubbish. They will need to be replaced.

- Lately it leaves a drop of oil or two after driving it.

That's it. Everything else works 100%. A/C is ice cold. Engine is strong no smoke of any kind start up or running, strong oil pressure, starts 100% every time, trans shifts strong absolutely no issues.

I personally would not hesitate to drive her anywhere.

If you would like more info on the issues I've addressed, more pic's anything like that just let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited by VtVette; 07-18-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:23 AM
Fishy Dave
Instructor

Received 171 Likes on 51 Posts

Hi Brian, Good luck with the sale, your asking price is very fair. I bought my 193,000 mile C6 from the forum and it drove us across the States with no issue. Its now being used daily in England. They appear to wear miles very well.
The following users liked this post:
VtVette (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 06:50 AM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

That’s impressive, not often you see a C6 under $15k
VtVette (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 09:04 PM
big_c
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 75 Posts

Outstanding value. Price to performance ratio can't be beat- no worries on reliability either
VtVette (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 11:19 PM
VtVette
Melting Slicks

SOLD!

Thanks for all the comments!
Old 07-23-2018, 10:56 AM
FURBY LOC"S
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts