Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2012 Corvette Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT 6-speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 09:02 AM
Roody
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Corvette Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT 6-speed - *price drop 8/13/18*

Not sure why my original posting from last night was deleted, so trying this again:

For Sale: 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 3LT Centennial Edition Coupe 6-speed -- $34,499

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport Coupe
Clean title; clean Carfax
2 owners
~39400 miles
3LT trim w/Centennial Edition package
6-speed manual
Located in southwest Connecticut
PRICE DROP 8/13/18 - $36,500
9/10/18 PRICE DROP - $34,499 OBO

For sale is my 2012 Corvette Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT. I purchased this car very recently from Bill Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling, IL which took the vehicle in on trade. I am the second owner. I have put ~6,000 miles on the car since taking ownership; current mileage is ~38,000 and will rise as it is my daily driver. This Corvette is in excellent condition with no issues whatsoever.

In terms of the condition of the car: it is in genuinely excellent condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. When I picked it up from the dealership it could have passed for a new car aside from *minor* wear on the outside bolster of the seat from the prior owner. There are no blemishes on the wheels (zero curb rash), no scratches or dings in the paint, etc. There is one small scratch on the driver side of the roof above the weatherstripping where the window meets the roof (see pictures), but other than that the car is close to perfect. Mechanically: it’s in excellent shape. The motor runs as if new and the clutch grabs where it should. The brakes were replaced by the dealer prior to them selling the car to me, so as you can imagine since they’re still basically brand new, they show no signs of wear. Likewise, the tires are in excellent condition as well and show no signs of wear. As a whole, it would be easy to believe that the car has less than one tenth the mileage that shows on the odometer. Everything on the car works exactly as it should. I have a second key for the car, along with a car cover that came with the vehicle when I bought it.

The Centennial Edition package on this car includes some features and niceties that make it just that much more special than a standard Grand Sport. Among these are the Carbon Flash Metallic paint (black with a metallic flake), flat black ghost stripes, black wheels, red calipers, 100th Anniversary logos (B-pillars, seats, steering wheel, center caps, Corvette wings), leather seats with “Microfiber” suede (alcantara) inserts, alcantara touch points (center console, shift ****, steering wheel, doors), red stitching across the seats/dash/doors and throughout the interior, black Corvette emblems, and so on. This car is also equipped with the F55 magnetic dual-mode ride selector suspension (Tour/Sport), transparent removable roof, touch-screen navigation, Bose stereo, Bluetooth, Heads Up Display, heated/powered sport seats (with power lumbar and bolster adjustments), and so on. Aside from the added leather dash cover of the 4LT trim this car is as fully loaded as it gets. Like other Grand Sports it has the dry sump oil system, “hand-built” LS3, beefed up gearbox, and wide fenders. This is “the complete package” as far as Grand Sports-- and C6 Corvettes with removable roofs-- go.

The only aftermarket modification present is a Corsa exhaust which was on the car when I bought it. There is a clear bra across the front end to protect the paint from rock chips (this was also on the car when I bought it) and a ProClip phone mount but otherwise the car is as stock and unmolested as the day it left the factory. Prior to taking delivery the dealer installed new brakes on all four corners and the Michelin Pilot Sport ZP tires are very new as well (I was told they were replaced last summer by the previous owner).

You’re probably asking why I’m selling a Corvette-- and one in such great shape and so great to drive and look at-- so soon after buying it. In short, it has become very apparent very quickly that despite how badly I want it to be, Corvette ownership is simply not for me. I’m looking to get back into something more conducive to my lifestyle and that I can drive year-round even through New England snowstorms. Since purchasing the Corvette I have spent more time taking care of and worrying about it than I have gotten back from it in driving enjoyment, and it just doesn’t deserve a life like this. It’s an amazing car and is the “ultimate targa C6” in my eyes but it just isn’t “right for me,” so I can’t justify keeping a car like this long-term if I’m not enjoying it all the time. My truck also needs some money/time invested and the Corvette is only interfering with that, so all signs point to me selling it. I would consider trades for a 5th-gen 4Runner Trail/TRD Off-Road/TRD Pro.

My asking price for the Corvette reflects market value and getting back what I paid for it; I’m not looking to make any money on this, but do want to see it go to a good, loving home.

Miscellaneous items of note:
-I can provide pictures and video of anything specific upon request. I will happily respond to any/all questions as soon as possible so as to help the sale process.
-Pictures do not do the paint-- or the car-- justice. In person it is absolutely stunning.
-I do owe money on the vehicle but can arrange to have the loan released upon transfer of payment. Payment needs to be in the form of a wire transfer, bank check, certified check, etc; I need to see the money in my account before releasing the title. I’ve been burned before and do not want to be in that position again.
-I am willing to drive a reasonable distance to deliver the car, or can make myself available for it to be picked up by a carrier service. Likewise, I can pick a buyer up at any of the airports local to where I live or work. I flew to Chicago to buy this car and am willing to expend some effort on my end to ensure a smooth sale process.
-I’m repeating myself at this point, but this Corvette truly is in excellent condition. It’s a spectacular car to look at and even better to drive. I would love to keep it but it doesn’t suit my lifestyle anywhere near as well as I thought/hoped it would and as such it needs to go. I hope for nothing but that it ends up in the hands of an owner who can appreciate it and enjoy it to the fullest.

Cliff notes:
2012 Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT w/6-speed manual transmission
$34,999
Clean title
2 owners
Located in Connecticut-- but willing to drive a reasonable distance
Carbon Flash Metallic paint; black/ebony interior
Immaculate condition
Corsa exhaust, ProClip phone mount, clear bra; otherwise bone-stock

Thanks for looking!

7/31/18 update: washed the car and took more photos.

Note that the following 3 pictures represent the only "damage" on the car. I put "damage" in quotes because two of the three (the 2nd and 3rd photos) are *very* light scratches that I would not even qualify as scratches but rather areas where the stripes have been brushed up against; these "scratches" are only noticeable when the car is clean, and only in the right lighting. Otherwise, they cannot be seen. As for the "damage" on the splitter, it's only noticeable up close and is consistent with what I've seen on other C6 Grand Sports. It is minimal and the piece, I believe, can be replaced relatively inexpensively.

Last edited by Roody; 10-18-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:29 AM
Roody
Intermediate

Friday morning bump
New price - $37,999 OBO...need to sell this quickly.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:22 PM
naturaldisaster3
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Beautiful car. wish I had the money lying around. GLWS!
The following users liked this post:
Roody (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 12:24 PM
Roody
Intermediate

Originally Posted by naturaldisaster3
Beautiful car. wish I had the money lying around. GLWS!
Thank you. It truly is a stunning car. Hoping a buyer comes along who can appreciate it for how great it is.

Item of note:
Full synthetic oil (and filter) change performed yesterday.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Where in Conn.?

Are those wheels dipped...size please?
Roody (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 12:45 PM
Roody
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Chicago Bob
Where in Conn.?

Are those wheels dipped...size please?
Located in Stamford, CT...but willing to drive to make a deal. Close proximity to NYC and all its airports, if that matters.

Wheels are not dipped-- this is how they came from the factory. Part of the Centennial Edition package. I believe they are 18x9.5" fronts and 19x12" rears.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:59 AM
Roody
Intermediate

Sunday morning bump
Old 07-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Z0SIS
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Bumping this for you, excellent car. I just sold my '13 3LT GS for very similar reasons...I found myself simply not driving it and wanting something I could take to work and so forth on a regular basis so I bought a '13 M5. Though I can't drive it through the dead of winter, it should be a 9-10 month car for me whereas I realized the corvette would be 5-6 months and maybe once a week. I do love the C6 wide body chassis though. I think your price is pretty fair....GLWS.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Roody
Intermediate

Thank you. It's an incredible car. I'd love for somebody to take it off my hands and actually enjoy owning it.
Old 07-31-2018, 12:15 AM
Blake008
Heel & Toe

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man i wish you lived closer. Perfect set up and a stunning car. GLWTS!
Roody (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 11:31 AM
Roody
Intermediate

Updated the original post with more pictures of the car.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:12 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Aprox. 7,000 miles per year...I'm wondering if you or the previous Chicago owner had this out on any salty winter roads.....
Old 07-31-2018, 02:25 PM
Roody
Intermediate

Aprox. 7,000 miles per year...I'm wondering if you or the previous Chicago owner had this out on any salty winter roads.....
I never met the previous owner so I cannot say for 100% certain if it was never driven in the winter, but having just seen the underside up close and personal (had the car on jack stands last week to do an oil change), it certainly looks like it was garaged for the duration of the winter. The underside is completely rust-free; there are no signs of it having been driven when road salt is present.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Roody
Intermediate

Hey folks, a lot of views on this but no bites. Let me be clear: I want this sold. I have my next vehicle lined up already. If anyone is interested, shoot me an offer...worst I can say is no.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:40 PM
naturaldisaster3
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

7K miles a year in those environments is completely doable without driving on salty winter roads.. Assuming the Chicago owner was commuting to and from the suburbs for work daily from April-October that's easily 7K. or you know.... maybe they took a nice road-trip with the car bumping up that average..

Regardless, if my remaining $20K in student loans were paid off, this car would have been in my garage already.

Last edited by naturaldisaster3; 08-02-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Rasidel
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Love it man..... I would love to bounce on it right now but I gotta wait on a few things....... will be ready soon.....

GLWS!!!
Roody (08-03-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 09:47 AM
Roody
Intermediate

BUMP!!! New price!

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Corvette Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT 6-speed

Old 08-14-2018, 10:37 PM
hogfanandy
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Roody
BUMP!!! New price!
Great, great looking CE. As the owner of one myself in very similar condition (23,000 miles), it is my opinion that this car is priced quite nicely. It's priced right in my opinion if the pictures are the true representation of the car (and I believe they are!). Somebody in the market for a fantastic looking Grand Sport would do themselves proud by putting this one in their garage.
Roody (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Roody
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hogfanandy
Great, great looking CE. As the owner of one myself in very similar condition (23,000 miles), it is my opinion that this car is priced quite nicely. It's priced right in my opinion if the pictures are the true representation of the car (and I believe they are!). Somebody in the market for a fantastic looking Grand Sport would do themselves proud by putting this one in their garage.
Thank you, hopefully a buyer comes along and can appreciate it for what it is
Old 08-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Roody
Intermediate

Monday morning bump

Quick Reply: FS: 2012 Corvette Centennial Edition Grand Sport Coupe 3LT 6-speed