Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTT: 54c1, 40 ford coupe projects for Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 01:15 PM
Tahoe Timberman
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sold the vette, please delete

Located in lake tahoe, ca. Would like to trade both cars for a nice c6 Z06. Or the 40 for a c5 Z06.
I have too many projects and not enough time. So these two are up for sale or trade.
Both cars, and a 10yr accumulation of parts. At the current time I want to sell them both together or I will sell separate if the 40 goes first.
i will try to post pics, currently there is an ad on San Francisco craigslist.
40 ford coupe is chopped, channelled and frenched.
set up for sbc, it has a 60s 327 core motor installed, 700r4 trans, new cpp adjustable master cylinder and brake pedal setup.
frame is boxed, mustang II front with Chevy pattern disks, new power rack, johnny law cover shocks, 2in drop spindles. 66 vette big block independent rear,
original interior gauges, chrome and garnish molding is there.
just installed a new recessed firewall and custom trans tunnel.
this was reportedly owned by Earl Scheibs son, it does have a few different colors and flake paint under the primer. All the metal is Henry ford steel.
itll make an awesome rat rod or finish it up nice and shiny. It had been sitting in a barn south of san Jose since 1992 when I bought it 6yrs ago.
Clear title in my name. Valued at $15k

1954 corvette vin#770
valued at $25k

clear title in my name
pretty much a complete car, has all the chrome except the corner bullets and corner bumpers.
new repo 6pc side trim set. The rest of the trim is original and has the usual bumps and bruises.
Glass: the front is cracked up a bit from the wheel wells forward. Can be repaired (it has been repaired numerous times from the look of it). The rear corners where the bullets attach will need a little work. Other than that it's all there, not much paint is left but the glass is all fairly solid.
The original hood is cut for a blower and has an old scoop screwed on, trunk is In good shape.
interior: all the original red panels are there I have cleaned a bit of them up but they are the originals and show their age. Seats are from a 63 or 64, covered in 4in diamonds, they are black, they are covered over the original black vinyl.
It comes with a plasticon hardtop. Rear curved plexiglass is there. Has original side curtains and three hold down clasps.
Mechanical: frame is in good shape no rust that I can find. Has a clutch pedal and linkage. All original wiring and brake lines. Radiator, hinges etc all seem to be accounted for. Has a 58 rear diff if I got the numbers right. Drum brakes all around. No master cyl.
Wheels and tires:
set of new big n littles. Chevy steelies with new radials.
one set of drag/gassers, 15x10 original halibrand or palimedes smoothie rears with new cobra radials, fronts are 15x4 circle racing kidney beans with bias front runners.
1. Muncie 4sp, unknown condition but seems to spin and shift fine.
1. 265ci sbc 4bbl motor. Spins over, was reported to be rebuilt 5k miles ago. 991 code.
1. 358ci sbc 9.0 to 1 southwest circuit race motor. Cola crank, hi rev kit, brodix heads. Heads just done.
this motor had around $20k into it.

looking for a good runner, doesn't need to be perfect. I'd like to do some track days and just dont have the time to devote to these.
l would entertain an older Z06 for the 40 and sell the vette if I find the right car.

Last edited by Tahoe Timberman; 10-25-2018 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Sold the corvette, please delete

Quick Reply: WTT: 54c1, 40 ford coupe projects for Z06