Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2005 C6 Manual

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 06:56 PM
Kurtle
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 C6 Manual

SOLD PLEASE CLOSE THREAD

I am selling my 2005 C6 base model. For just the quick notes on this car it has just about 82,000 miles, precision red, clean title, and I am asking $16,500. Cash and local pick up only. Since I purchased the car either myself or Abel GM has done all work on the car, Abel is known for working on corvettes. For the full details on this car read below.

I purchased this car almost five years ago (January 2014) from an elderly gentleman in Santa Monica. He lived in a condo on the beach and the car was parked in an underground parking structure out of the elements. Since I have owned it, the car has always been parked inside a garage. When I purchased the car it had 63,000 miles I have put approximately 19,000 miles on the car.

While in the process of purchasing this car the slave cylinder failed resulting in a burned clutch. The gentleman I purchased the car from paid to have a GM performance clutch put in at the dealership. GM refunded the original owner the cost of the new clutch. From what I have read GM is aware that some C6's had this problem and if it went bad they would cover putting a new clutch in. No need to worry with this one since it has a fairly new clutch. I am very easy on clutches so I would expect this performance clutch to last a very long time. I have never launched a car by dumping the clutch or revving the motor high, if I ever felt the need to accelerate it I would get the car rolling and once my foot was all the way off the clutch, roll onto throttle then. I also never take the car to redline, typically if I am doing a spirited straight line pull I'll shift 500+ below redline.

The car is the rare color Precision Red. This color was made by GM for only the first few months of production on the C6. I read approximately 1,800 were made in this color with only about 600 being manual. From what I understand they had many reds in the beginning of the C6 but culled the list down after 2005. It seems Precision Red lost out to Crystal Red. Although it lost, the color is very beautiful and I get many compliments on the car. I have provided pictures with different shutter speed settings to show how the color of the car can change based on lighting.

I had done some bolt on power modifications to the car, two of which remain. The intake manifold and throttle body both were ported to allow for better intake airflow, neither of which will affect every day performance with a stock tune. I am selling the K&N cold air intake and LG Long Tube headers on another post if interested in buying, the original exhaust and intake are back on the car. I have taken the car to Chevy and had them flash the car totally back to stock so there are no lingering tune parameters. FYI I painted the intake manifold to match the car and it looks fantastic!

I also had coilovers and larger sway bars on the car (mostly cause my car buddy's teased me for having leaf springs and I couldn't take it any more LOL). To replace this car I recently bought a C6 Z06; the shocks, springs, and sway bars from the Z06 have been put on this car. Meaning this car has a Z06 suspension.

The original rubber control arm bushings tore last year from age so they have been replaced with Energy Poly bushings. These did not affect the ride significantly, don't squeak (as old poly bushings were known to), and will last longer than the remaining life of the car I'm certain.

My dad and I both have C6 corvettes and one thing Abel GM (known corvette specializing dealership) pointed out was, if there ever is an issue with these cars there isn't and OEM tow hook. I paid to have the LG front tow hook put on the car as a just in case. The last thing you want is for the tow truck to hook onto a control arm and bend it.

As a bit of showiness I added red LED lights to the side vent gills and a single grandsport style vinyl sticker. Both of which are subtle and make the car look fantastic. For even more flair I purchased ZR1 style side skirts and had them painted black with red metallic flake. Since the side skirts are so low they have been hit with some rocks but still look great, easy to take off if you don't like them.

Original radio died within the first month of me having the car. I put in a Pioneer double din unit that has Bluetooth and hands free phone capabilities. Radio is full chroma so you can select literally any color you want it to be, generally red is best cause it doesn't impact night vision.

Trunk area has cargo net and window shade cover.

The original owner informed me the car had been tapped twice, the panels were repaired/replaced (not sure which). No frame damage occurred, this car has a clean title.

Last edited by Kurtle; 04-29-2019 at 10:40 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 10-12-2018, 10:21 AM
stingray71
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Nice looking car for the price! Good luck with the sale.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 10-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 11-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 11-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 11-18-2018, 04:08 AM
RWSjr
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like Magnetic Red II to me... (Same as mine.) Hard to see in pics. (Precision Red has no metallic/pearl in it... ) Rare color indeed if P.R. Tried to order that color 1st week my dealer could order one and came back "color discontinued" lol. Good luck with the sale.
The following users liked this post:
Kurtle (11-19-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 12-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 01-05-2019, 05:35 PM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 01-08-2019, 11:14 AM
Zmanelite
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So do you still have the coliovers, intake and exhaust?
Old 01-08-2019, 12:14 PM
Kurtle
Instructor

Coilovers and Exhaust were moved to the Z06. I still have the cold air intake listed for sale.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Zmanelite
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kurtle
Coilovers and Exhaust were moved to the Z06. I still have the cold air intake listed for sale.
Right on
Thanks
Old 02-14-2019, 12:15 PM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 02-22-2019, 11:55 AM
Kurtle
Instructor

Ttt
Old 02-23-2019, 05:25 PM
JJ.eff
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Interested in a partial trade?
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...inal-docs.html
Old 02-24-2019, 11:36 AM
Kurtle
Instructor

Originally Posted by JJ.eff
Sorry, I'm not interested in any trades.

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 C6 Manual

Quick Reply: FS: 2005 C6 Manual