Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

SOLD Unfinished F1X grandsport 3lt 2010, dayonta FL area 30K as is

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 09:43 AM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SOLD Unfinished F1X grandsport 3lt 2010, dayonta FL area 30K as is

Daytona, FL area. Base car is a 2010 grandsport 3LT, manual with 19030 miles. No scratches/tears/punctures ETC. No crashes. Just really dusty.

Price is get it out of my F-ing garage. If you're a serious buyer we'll probably be able to meet on price.
Since a price is needed; 30k the condition it sits in, non running. Selling it as it sits wasn't/isn't really the purpose of this post though, see bold below.

The upgrades are speced out to be 1000-1200whp. See below for the equipment and approximate cost when I bought it for those unfamiliar (some of which has surely changed).

Fully built RHS block engine from LME, this isn't an upgraded stock engine. None of it's stock. (specs below) (~16k)
DP F1X cog kit with sprag ~13k
Billet intake 4k
ID2000s 2k
Stoptech BBK 6k
RPS triple disk 3k
OS giken differential 2k
CF driveshaft 2k
PFADT coilovers and full spherical bushing package.
Meth, fuel, some gauges Etc etc
Original ls3 w/ 19k miles included if desired.

There seems to be confusion as to what condition I'm offering the car in. I'm not expecting someone to tow the car out in pieces covered in dust, non starting, without being able to inspect that car thoroughly and confirm everything I've said. I explained that it's not running right now, simply for the purpose of full disclosure. I'm not planning on washing it, and doing the minor work on it to get it running if there's no one to buy it, but people said I had to post pictures ETC so I did. When I say it's being sold "unfinished" I mean it hasn't been, what I consider to be, properly tuned (see this comment). It needs things like a gauge cluster, a new front main seal, and finishing touches, but it was otherwise a running, driving car. If you want to make an offer to tow it out non running covered in dust, I would consider it, but that wasn't my intention. 30k for that might be fair considering the quality parts involved Just stripping out and selling the high value/wide market stuff like the engine, blower, injectors, OEM ls3 (if not put back in) etc could recoup a lot of that.

Why is it sitting in my garage not running? I don't have the motivation to finish it. It was running and driving but never properly tuned in my opinion, because two popular FL tuners turned out to be over their heads. I took it out of service to change a few things like the oil cooler and a front main seal and have not had the motivation to finish it. I would rarely drive it now if it was, life has changed, I've moved etc. There's only <200 miles on the kit and ~19k miles on the car.

I expect whoever buys this will entirely go through and basically redo things that are non standard like the fuel system, meth, gauges ETC. Those aren't things you want to inherit from someone elses build, so I haven't gone into any detail. But like I said it was a running driving car. The fuel system for instance is the OEM in tank pump for cruising around with an external boost activated aeromotive eliminator pump (for the volume necessary to easily run e85 at these hp levels). While all that is there and included, really expecting the value to come from the bones of the base car, the kit, the engine, the drive-line upgrades ETC. It needs an oil cooler installed and a front main. All the OEM parts are including too if you want them.

Anything that looks like it's missing in the pictures is not. The trim that's out is on hand ETC. The wiring in the dash is gauge wiring (it's wired/has gauges for dual intake temp, dual AFR, fuel pressure/boost that shows boost referenced fuel pressure).

Last edited by BoosterClub; 05-21-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:15 AM
nismonian
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

whats your asking price?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Appears to be a motivated seller.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:47 PM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

might want to include pictures of the actual car, interior, exterior etc. and a Price before it gets locked.

GLWS!
Old 05-15-2019, 02:47 PM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Price?

Is this a manual or auto car?

Pics of the car and the interior?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 04:15 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RGT
Appears to be a motivated seller.
If I could give it to charity and write off an inflated value I would.

Originally Posted by gunnerja
might want to include pictures of the actual car, interior, exterior etc. and a Price before it gets locked.

GLWS!
Yea I will I guess. Figured everyone knows what a GS looks like and it's in excellent condition, just dusty.

Originally Posted by jcosta79
Price?

Is this a manual or auto car?

Pics of the car and the interior?

Thanks
Manual. I don't have a price in mind honestly. If someones a serious buyer, just give me a big range of what you might pay. From "I'd snap it up real quick for this even if it's a bit worse condition in person than I imagine" amount to "everything about it is better than I'm imagining" amount. I mean like a 20k range even (*someone misunderstood this, I mean just throw out some ballpark figures with a huge range like "30-50k depending on condition"). That way we can both see if it's even worth exploring further and no ones giving up negotiation power. I'm not expecting top dollar but I have no idea what a reasonable price would be in this market. However, a friend said he thought I could only get 30k for it, which I thought was unreasonable and I will burn it for warmth like Venezuelan currency first. So if yall thinks that's all its worth, let me know so I can not waste mine or anyones time. (*this is referring to for a running car)

Last edited by BoosterClub; 05-19-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:21 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

Ever consider putting a cove over it... and playing golf for the rest of the year. After that, if you still hate it, burn it... but you may find renewed interest in the project. I can fully empathize with you on project burn out.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:16 PM
SteveDoten
Le Mans Master

Received 160 Likes on 125 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Can we get a vin?
lien?
mileage?
All receipts show your name/location?
Old 05-15-2019, 06:00 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Added some int/ext pics as requested. They are crap cell pics, I know. The car is dusty, the interior is chalky. You all know what a GS looks like, its a 3LT. It's got some floor matts, yellow stitching accents and the ZR1 Front/sides and blacked out GS badges, otherwise stock cosmetically. The int/ext are in great condition under the dust, no rips/tears scratches etc. Obviously if someones interested this will all get confirmed, but I imagine there would be a lot of discussion on other parts of the car before what kind of tint it has matters.

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Ever consider putting a cove over it... and playing golf for the rest of the year. After that, if you still hate it, burn it... but you may find renewed interest in the project. I can fully empathize with you on project burn out.
Way past that, and it's extremely low on a long list if priorities for my attention. Even if it was finished wouldn't be driving it, so that's why I'm not investing time in it.

Originally Posted by SteveDoten
Can we get a vin?
lien?
mileage?
All receipts show your name/location?
No lien, 19,030 miles, I don't have every last receipt, but yea, every one I have is in my name. It's always been mine, guess I should mention that. There's really no need to include the vin right now.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:17 PM
Fatherjohn
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone on here so eager to get rid of their car that it sounds like they're angry at it.

Hopefully a win/win happens where you get some money and someone gets a car that they make road/track worthy and enjoys the car.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:16 AM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BoosterClub
However, a friend said he thought I could only get 30k for it, which I thought was unreasonable and I will burn it for warmth like Venezuelan currency first. So if yall thinks that's all its worth, let me know so I can not waste mine or anyones time.
I think your friend is being generous.

Good luck.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:01 AM
picklz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting opportunity here. You do need to post a price though, obviously you can negotiate but there has to be a price I can come buy it for posted in the ad.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:19 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

I'd say the car is worth salvage value (it's not operational) + some portion of the mod value... $0.30 to $0.50 on the dollar. So $30K for all of it isn't too crazy, but the market is extremely narrow.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:04 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
I'd say the car is worth salvage value (it's not operational) + some portion of the mod value... $0.30 to $0.50 on the dollar. So $30K for all of it isn't too crazy, but the market is extremely narrow.
Didn't think the mods would be worth more than a portion of their purchase price. But I don't think calling it salvage value is fair, it's not really non operational, it will run if I throw an oil cooler on it no problem. There's just work that needs to be done for it to be really finished.

I want it gone, but if 31k KBB on the base car + 50k in mods and untold labor costs, is going to be a hard sell at 30k, I guess it just makes more economical sense to even pay a shop to strip the kit and engine and put an LS3 back in it.

Last edited by BoosterClub; 05-16-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:05 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

I think your friend is being generous.

Good luck.
K yea, never-mind then folks. Sorry to waste your time.

PS if anyone knows a good shop looking for work.

Last edited by BoosterClub; 05-16-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:24 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Didn't think the mods would be worth more than a portion of their purchase price. But I don't think calling it salvage value is fair, it's not really non operational, it will run if I throw an oil cooler on it no problem. There's just work that needs to be done for it to be really finished.

I want it gone, but if 31k KBB on the base car + 50k in mods and untold labor costs, is going to be a hard sell at 30k, I guess it just makes more economical sense to even pay a shop to strip the kit and engine and put an LS3 back in it.
Wasn't trying to offend... thought you had said you were looking for $30K and I was agreeing that that was a very realistic figure.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:59 PM
vettett15
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent PM

Get notified of new replies

To SOLD Unfinished F1X grandsport 3lt 2010, dayonta FL area 30K as is

Old 05-16-2019, 07:29 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by `C7
The problem with your post and some that pop up from time to time like yours is, you wrote, “it’s not really non operational.” The truth is, it is non operational at this time. If it was truly as easy and as simple as throwing an oil cooler on it and it’s running and turn key the car wouldn’t be sitting in the condition and shape the vehicle is in now.

When you write, it’s in good shape and no issues. No one really knows until all the dust and car wash happens what type of condition everything is in.
Do you really think I'm trying to sell the car to someone without letting them confirm everything I've claimed? Like, I'm going to force them to give me cash before dusting it off and inspecting it fully? It's not running because It's the bottom of my priorities, to make it run is as simple as finishing the oil cooler and buttoning it back up. To "finish" it needs to be tuned, a gauge cluster made, the front main replaced as it's leaking, and some other odds and ends. You don't believe that's true because you think it's unreasonable for me not to do such a "simple" task, but you have no idea, and you're basically calling me a liar with your post, which I don't appreciate.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:21 PM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

K yea, never-mind then folks. Sorry to waste your time.

PS if anyone knows a good shop looking for work.
Not trying to be difficult, just being realistic. Low to mid $30's is market value for clean, un-modified Grand Sports. That's for a car with no stories that I can drive home today. Honestly, you're not even selling a car. You're selling a project. Yes, you have a lot of money invested in it, but the project is not complete. Plus you're scaring the crap out of everyone by saying how much of a headache this project has been, so you're not doing a very good job of convincing someone else to finish it. With that said, it looks like you have some high quality parts. It shouldn't be that hard to unload to the right person. I hope you are able to sell it.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:27 AM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Honestly, you're not even selling a car. You're selling a project. Yes, you have a lot of money invested in it, but the project is not complete. Plus you're scaring the crap out of everyone by saying how much of a headache this project has been, so you're not doing a very good job of convincing someone else to finish it.
I'm not trying to "convince" anyone with bullshit, I'm just being 100% straight about everything. I'm not sure how that's a bad thing? If you're scared seeing a dusty car it's not for you, that's fine. And I didn't say it was a headache, what I said was I went through two popular local-ish tuners who turned out to be over their heads, and a bad front main seal. Life changes and I don't have the motivation to finish it. That's not really a headache.

Also, I feel like maybe I wasn't clear, this was a running operating, driving car that made a bunch of power, but, was clearly not tuned competently when looking at the tables (like adjusting VE to compensate for methanol flow instead of fueling, with a stupid justification ) Which I then took out of service to make some changes/upgrades (oil cooler)/repairs(front main plus already complete condenser) and I was going to have it transported to someone I knew could tune it properly out of state. But again, during that time I lost the motivation and my priorities reshuffled.

Not trying to be difficult, just being realistic. Low to mid $30's is market value for clean, un-modified Grand Sports.
And I'm not arguing, IDK what it's reasonably worth, I'm just stating if 30k isn't even attainable or all it's worth (*running), there are other things I would do with the car like pay a shop to pull the kit and engine and put an ls3 back in it and sell it that way.

Last edited by BoosterClub; 05-19-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply: SOLD Unfinished F1X grandsport 3lt 2010, dayonta FL area 30K as is