Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 2009 ZR1 3ZR - 22k - $59,500

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 06:45 PM
ProjectWJ
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 ZR1 3ZR - 22k - $59,500 SOLD

SOLD.

This is an AMAZING car!!!

I've had the car since January 1, 2012 and purchased it under warranty (at the time) from Boardwalk Chevrolet. It is extremely clean and tastefully modified - basically a show/garage queen, the car was never raced, never seen rain, always stored under cover in the garage and the modifications were done purely for show & aesthetics. In the 9+ years I've owned the car, I put just under 10,000 miles on it - mostly long weekends to Tahoe / Santa Barbara. There is easily over $15-20k in modifications, and nearly too much to list. The blower and snout were ported & polished by Synergy Motorsports, before adding the 2.3 pulley, AR 1 7/8 headers (w/ cats & x-pipe - $2k) and the Akrapovic exhaust w/ massive 5" titanium tips ($3k) and modestly tuning the vehicle (I did not go for maximum gains, but reliability). It makes 636rwhp and 623 lbs of torque. The car will break the 335's loose at 65mph!
Under the hood is the engine dress up kit and real carbon fiber engine cover by Caravaggio ($1500) + the K&N FIPK carbon fiber intake ($1k). Inside I replaced the center console with a real carbon fiber unit, added the MGW shifter and the dual JL 10w6 system, wrapped in carbon material w/ blue stitching and LED lights, complete with Image Dynamics 6X9 components in the doors and Coaxials in the rear, powered by a JL HD 750/1 (subs) and 600/4 (components). The system absolutely rocks. The front half of the car (hoods, fenders & bumper) is covered in 3M clear bra as well. HID headlights and fogs, LED lighting throughout and Eagle Eye taillights. I also have ALL of the stock/OEM parts & components available. Please see details in the attached and let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by ProjectWJ; 08-03-2020 at 01:57 PM. Reason: SOLD
The following 3 users liked this post by ProjectWJ:
8850 (07-28-2020), UR LZN (07-27-2020), Zeake (07-25-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 10:40 PM
grayvette09
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, beautiful car. Just a little out of my budget, unfortunately. Should have no problem selling this. GLWS!
Old 07-27-2020, 12:04 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Ultimate C6ZR1... Very nice buddy... GLWS
The following users liked this post:
wickidd (07-27-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 01:54 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Corvette blogger says it has 22K miles on the car. You say less than 10K. Might want to get them to correct this.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...orvette-forum/
Old 07-27-2020, 02:33 PM
GTE
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 8850
Corvette blogger says it has 22K miles on the car. You say less than 10K. Might want to get them to correct this.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...orvette-forum/
" In the 9+ years I've owned the car, I put just under 10,000 miles on it "

He has 22k right in the thread title.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:50 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by GTE
" In the 9+ years I've owned the car, I put just under 10,000 miles on it "

He has 22k right in the thread title.
Well duh! You are correct. I clicked the link in the blogger and did not read his title here. I read their title.
GTE (07-27-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 07:42 AM
John Ackerson
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interest in 2009 corvette

Good Morning, I hope all is well. I am interested in this corvette. Is it still available? Please let me know. Thank you and have a nice day.

-John A
Old 07-28-2020, 08:46 AM
steig
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 197 Posts

Nice ZR1, good luck with sale
Old 07-29-2020, 03:07 PM
uhohspaghettio
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Mind explaining?
Old 07-29-2020, 03:20 PM
ProjectWJ
Advanced

Originally Posted by uhohspaghettio
Mind explaining?
No problem.

This guy “Steve” never even looked at the car and was insanely aggressive. He’s the type to make the car selling experience painful. When I told him I had committed to someone else (out of state) he was banging on me ruthlessly to dishonor that deal and sell it to him because he supposedly had “cash in hand” and was local and I “didn’t owe the guys out of state anything.” That guy ended up buying a local ZR1, so I posted it here. I don't operate like that, and fortunately don't need to sell the car, especially to a guy like “Steve” so I just assume not deal with him.

To clarify for all legitimately interested parties - the engine work was a cracked valve spring replaced by GM under warranty (I believe I’ve posted about that on here before - its somewhat common but not as prevalent as the LS7 issues).
The “accident” was from the neighbor backing into the drivers door & cracking the door skin (photo attached). It was replaced under insurance by a local, professional & reputable shop here - they pulled the clear bra off the front drivers fender to blend it correctly - not sure why it doesn’t show on carfax but it was a fairy minor door skin replacement and I have the records for anyone interested. Our pal Steve knows all of this, because in full disclosure, I told him everything about the car and have nothing to hide here

I LOVE the car and genuinely want to see it go to someone who will appreciate it as I have and is deserving of such a vehicle, I would not sell to “Steve” for any price, under any circumstance, and would strongly caution anyone unlucky enoughy to have to deal with him. He’s taken his frustration to harassing me online & that should give just about anyone a good indication of the type person we’re dealing with here...

Old 07-29-2020, 03:32 PM
uhohspaghettio
Racer

So the door was only needing paint work? I'm not sure what all is involved in door skin repair/replacement

Last edited by uhohspaghettio; 07-29-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:40 PM
ProjectWJ
Advanced

Originally Posted by uhohspaghettio
So....the paint nor body was damaged, that's what I'm understanding?
You can see the extent of the damage in the photo. The door skin was replaced, painted and blended into the front and rear quarters, which is the proper method. Its seam-less.

Our pal is just throwing a tantrum because I refused to meet him or show him the car because he's clearly a d!ckhead. lol.

Last edited by ProjectWJ; 07-29-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:59 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by ProjectWJ
You can see the extent of the damage in the photo. The door skin was replaced, painted and blended into the front and rear quarters, which is the proper method. Its seam-less.

Our pal is just throwing a tantrum because I refused to meet him or show him the car because he's clearly a d!ckhead. lol.
why not just post the receipt from the work at this point...Seems easier to just replace the entire door
Old 07-29-2020, 08:32 PM
maybelooking
Le Mans Master

Received 114 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion
why not just post the receipt from the work at this point...Seems easier to just replace the entire door
As a 25 year insurance adjuster I think I can shed some light here. Doors are made in two parts. The skin, and the shell. If there is no structural damage to the shell, then "skinning" the door is the proper way to repair it. Insurance wont typically pay for the entire shell to be replaced if its not necessary.

If a knowledgeable shop skins the door properly, you cant tell anything has been done. And on a car like a corvette, it makes for an easier and cleaner job than skinning a door on a typical metal vehicle.

Old 07-29-2020, 09:43 PM
reasonable suspicion
Melting Slicks

Received 324 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by maybelooking
As a 25 year insurance adjuster I think I can shed some light here. Doors are made in two parts. The skin, and the shell. If there is no structural damage to the shell, then "skinning" the door is the proper way to repair it. Insurance wont typically pay for the entire shell to be replaced if its not necessary.

If a knowledgeable shop skins the door properly, you cant tell anything has been done. And on a car like a corvette, it makes for an easier and cleaner job than skinning a door on a typical metal vehicle.

so the skin and labor is less than an entire door? I didn’t even realize the c6 doors could be reskinned like metal doors.

but my point is not as much the door repair as now that the damage has been disclosed (which should have been in first post anyway) ...why wouldn’t the seller just post a picture of the receipt showing it was a minor body/paint repair. This would eliminate all questions about it going forward.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:10 PM
ProjectWJ
Advanced

Originally Posted by reasonable suspicion
so the skin and labor is less than an entire door? I didn’t even realize the c6 doors could be reskinned like metal doors.

but my point is not as much the door repair as now that the damage has been disclosed (which should have been in first post anyway) ...why wouldn’t the seller just post a picture of the receipt showing it was a minor body/paint repair. This would eliminate all questions about it going forward.
I’m not at home currently and it happened probably 5-6 years ago. It’s in the file with every other record on the car and has been thoroughly disclosed to all legitimately interested parties, including “steve” who is trying to undermine the sale because I refused to deal with him... I’m not sure why it does NOT show on the carfax - as I’ve said, it was repaired at a reputable shop (Service King) under the responsible party’s insurance. It was a fairly minor repair afterall but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that. I’m happy to provide documentation to anyone actually interested in the car. The photo I posted shows the extent of the damage - it is what it is, and if that detours you or anyone else from buying this extremely well kept, and (imho) tastefully modified garage queen, then that is certainly your prerogative....

Last edited by ProjectWJ; 07-29-2020 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:50 AM
MartyKC
Burning Brakes

Received 480 Likes on 288 Posts

Door issue disclosed and documented. Fixating on it here, publicly, is not advancing the sale of the car for the OP. If you are truly interested in the car take the issue off line with a PM to the OP.

To the OP, beautiful car, good price, GLWS.

Silver / gray's are not always my favorite, but the black accents and chrome wheels really make it nice, one the best looking cars with carbon fiber accents.. If it were mine, I'd add the black out or smoked tail lights and side markers, and Morimoto head lights. Not always a fan of those, but on this car, wow, would really complete the look. To each his own, and your mods have certainly added to the look of the car. Nicely done.
The following 3 users liked this post by MartyKC:
ProjectWJ (07-30-2020), uhohspaghettio (07-31-2020), Vetteman2 (08-01-2020)

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 ZR1 3ZR - 22k - $59,500

Old 07-31-2020, 04:13 AM
HBGuy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sigh. If only it were red.
Old 07-31-2020, 03:12 PM
uhohspaghettio
Racer

Originally Posted by MartyKC
Door issue disclosed and documented. Fixating on it here, publicly, is not advancing the sale of the car for the OP. If you are truly interested in the car take the issue off line with a PM to the OP.

To the OP, beautiful car, good price, GLWS.

Silver / gray's are not always my favorite, but the black accents and chrome wheels really make it nice, one the best looking cars with carbon fiber accents.. If it were mine, I'd add the black out or smoked tail lights and side markers, and Morimoto head lights. Not always a fan of those, but on this car, wow, would really complete the look. To each his own, and your mods have certainly added to the look of the car. Nicely done.
I agree, it has been addressed and that's that.
ProjectWJ (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 03:20 PM
Venomns
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep! He was honest about everything up front on the motor work and body work. Just thought I would give him that. Glwts!

Quick Reply: FS: 2009 ZR1 3ZR - 22k - $59,500