Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Great Information on C6 Available to Dealers Today

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Karl Johanson
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great Information on C6 Available to Dealers Today

Gentlemen & Ladies,

This dealership recieved information today that has to be filled out and returned to General Motors in order for us to continue to sell and Service corvettes. It seems that GM is serious about making all dealers responsible for the required training of both sales and service personel and if the form is not returned and the terms not agreed to , then it indicates that the dealer's eligibility to Sell and Service the new Corvette "May be Delayed". It also indicated that the initial concensus for the 2005 corvette will begin in May with production scheduled for July of this year. The exact wording is "The first dealer consensus is expected to occur in May for July Production". This is no surprise to my customers whom I have been telling for some time now that this would be the schedule for the new 2005.

The coupe and the convertible will be combined under one allocation group just as it was this past year. The coupe will be available in ths 1SX , 1SA, and 1SB Preferred Equipment Group Packages. The convertible will be available in the 1SA and 1SB Packages only. " Production of the Coupe is anticipated for the Third Quarter of 2004 and the Convertible shortly thereafter.

Chevy Lauch indicated that the On Line order information would be available to Chevrolet dealers on April 12,2004 in order for us to begin configuring and inputing our sold orders into the Vehicle Order Management Systems (VOMS).

All this to say that if you are on my list and have not made contact lately, it is time to make contact and to send in your deposit so that I can input your order as soon as GM allows us to do so. As always, I will be providing price protection to all of my customers that have their orders secured at the beginning of the model year production.

It is my sincere hope that since GM is supplying all the order information for both the coupe and convertible that they may consider introducing the convertible prior to the forth quarter but at this point that is the only information that we have. If indeed your convertible order is placed at the beginning of the model year production as well; even if your 2005 corvette is not manufactured until forth quarter, you will be afforded price protection from any increases that could occur between initial ordering and date of delivery.

Thanks for your time. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Have a Great Day

Quick Reply: Great Information on C6 Available to Dealers Today