Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

C6 List Coupes you would be 14 and Convertable 5 get your one month after production

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 01:27 PM
corvettebillcarync
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 List Coupes you would be 14 and Convertable 5 get your one month after production

Our list is still very short. Get yours 1 month after procution begins. call me 919-696-6796 anytime
Old 07-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Rwdyryd
Racer

Default Re: C6 List Coupes you would be 14 and Convertable 5 get your one month after production

Interested, but no pricing listed? Are you @ or below MSRP?

Bob
Old 07-06-2004, 08:35 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Default Re: C6 List Coupes you would be 14 and Convertable 5 get your one month after production

Just called Bill to see if he would sell me a vert @ GMS. He's just another typical dealer that spouts invalid information. No offense Bill...but you're simply "another dealer".

The first words out of his mouth were "GM isn't even doing it on the Corvette". Which we all know is total crap. Sorry for the bash, but get your facts straight before you post here. And, if you know that GM is allowing it...which they are...and are just saying that because you think we the buyers are clueless...you're wrong. I would say 9 times out of 10, maybe even more...the buyer is more knowledgable than the dealers...even the managers at dealerships.

Sorry, had to vent...sick of talking to moronic dealers this past week...and I know I'm not alone.

Our list is still very short. Get yours 1 month after procution begins. call me 919-696-6796 anytime
Old 07-07-2004, 11:28 PM
corvettebillcarync
Intermediate

Default Re: C6 List Coupes you would be 14 and Convertable 5 get your one month after production (Rwdyryd)

I will sell it to you at MSRP and still get you delivery with in 4 to 5 weeks call me at 919-696-6796
Old 07-09-2004, 03:59 PM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Default c6 price

Give the loyal Corvette owners a discount, don't be greedy. Didn't you learn about all the unhappy SSR owners,who paid 5 to 20 thousand over sticker. Take care of your customers don't push them away from GM products.

Last edited by lt1george; 07-09-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:02 PM
sorka
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by corvettebillcarync
I will sell it to you at MSRP and still get you delivery with in 4 to 5 weeks call me at 919-696-6796
....and that would be why the list is still short.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:37 AM
SisqSam
Advanced

Hmmm... 4-5 weeks means the car would be produced in August. The cars being produced in August are from the consensus that ended June 10. That means this particular dealer was allocated 14+ corvettes from that consensus in combination with the one before it in order to fulfill the other coupe orders. Buyer beware. Fortunately, the dealer's allocation from the last consensus would be available for viewing on the dealer's GM web page, so potential purchasers could ask to see it before making any committments.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:40 AM
SisqSam
Advanced

Hmmm... 4-5 weeks means the car would be produced in August. The cars being produced in August are from the consensus that ended June 10. That means this particular dealer was allocated 14+ corvettes from that consensus in combination with the one before it in order to fulfill the other coupe orders (not to mention any additional people who signed up since the post in April). Buyer beware. Fortunately, the dealer's allocation from the last consensus would be available for viewing on the dealer's GM web page, so potential purchasers could ask to see it before making any committments.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Bethlehem Bob
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

I am also a Chevrolet dealer (23 years) and sorry to say, no GMS or supplier are available at this time. Not because we won't participate, but because GM says so. I don't think that you will see GMS pricing till at least the 2006 model year. Law of supply and demand.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:00 PM
kwagner
Instructor

Originally Posted by NewCarDealer
I am also a Chevrolet dealer (23 years) and sorry to say, no GMS or supplier are available at this time. Not because we won't participate, but because GM says so. I don't think that you will see GMS pricing till at least the 2006 model year. Law of supply and demand.
Sorry, but GMS IS available for the 2005 C6.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:41 PM
SuperChevyICM
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 36 Posts

It is ENTIRELY up to the dealer in this case. GMS IS available from GM it is just a matter of dealers doing it or not.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:59 PM
sorka
Melting Slicks

Hmm. It sounds to me like you WANT to sell at GMS but think you can't. Well, in that case, if it turns out your information was incorrect and the C6 does fall under GMS, does that mean you'll sell at GMS?
Old 07-22-2004, 06:44 PM
TheAccuser
Advanced

Gee, another dealer that doesn't have his facts straight. Surprise surprise.

Old 07-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Chopper9
Cruising

This whole GMS bullsh*t blows my mind... log onto GMBuyPower, enter your social, then get the info for your discount. Its all right there! No mystery, no hang ups... GMS is available and easily done. Ive spoken to 2 dealers in my area and they said "no prob" on gms.

Most dealers dont like to sell GMS on an in-stock model, but they would be mental to turn down a GMS order. What do they care? Guy walks in, wants to order a vette with gms, and they say no?

They are still making $1000 plus! If they say no, just go to another dealer.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:39 PM
dizzzzy
Pro

They do not want to do it because it takes away a car (even ordering one) from what they are allotted!! They can sell the new C6 for msrp or close to it, so why would they want to waste one of the C6's and only make 1000 dollars, when more could be made selling to someone else.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:02 PM
kwagner
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chopper9
This whole GMS bullsh*t blows my mind... log onto GMBuyPower, enter your social, then get the info for your discount. Its all right there! No mystery, no hang ups... GMS is available and easily done. Ive spoken to 2 dealers in my area and they said "no prob" on gms.

Most dealers dont like to sell GMS on an in-stock model, but they would be mental to turn down a GMS order. What do they care? Guy walks in, wants to order a vette with gms, and they say no?

you have mail
Old 07-30-2004, 01:10 AM
cassinom
5th Gear

Default Where can GMS be had?

Ive spoken to 2 dealers in my area and they said "no prob" on gms.
Chopper9, can you share with me where you found these 2 dealers.
I've been looking and looking.... Been turned down numerous places.
I'd order the car, wait, etc... just want to get the ball rolliing. Again loyal GM employees that want to plunk down $50K for a car only to get screwed by greedy dealers who couldn't care less about the people who make the products that they sell. Makes me mad to say the least.
GM is allowing GMS, there's no disputing that! GM should force dealers to sell under GMS and not let it be up to so called participation. The dealer can only opt to make the GMS customer order the car. Then the program has some meat. Enough venting, Sorry guys... Just want my C6.

-M

Get notified of new replies

To C6 List Coupes you would be 14 and Convertable 5 get your one month after production

Old 07-31-2004, 05:02 PM
ucla81
Racer

GMS IS available cuz I did it. Period. It's a GM program, however it is up to the dealer if they choose to participate or not. I don't understand why dealers either lie or pretend not to know. (Well I know why they lie, they don't want to sell at GMS because they make less profit than if they sell it to unsuspecting buyers or non-GMS types).
Old 07-31-2004, 06:17 PM
stanleyp
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You poor POOR misguided souls. To even insinuate that ANY dealer has morals or scruples is purely delusional. I' gave a deposit to be on a waiting list and I full well expect to get shafted anyway. My attorney is on retainer. LOL

Stan
Old 08-02-2004, 10:41 AM
slider1
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Chopper9, what dealers have given you GMS, I'm trying to get GM supplier but no luck. THANKS!!!

Quick Reply: C6 List Coupes you would be 14 and Convertable 5 get your one month after production