Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Paging Rick Daniel

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Hoyt Clagwell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Rick Daniel

Rick, I think you can answer this better than anyone:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=837353
Old 06-09-2004, 01:11 PM
0Rick @ Les Stanford
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06
Default Re: Paging Rick Daniel (Hoyt Clagwell)

Rick, I think you can answer this better than anyone:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=837353
Allocation for the C6 begins and GM will start to pull orders from dealers order banks.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:06 PM
hb_cpa
Racer

St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Paging Rick Daniel (Rick @ Les Stanford)

Rick,

If an order would be accepted because of the allocation but is not accepted because of constraint issues, are we given the chance to change our order or do we have to wait until the next allocation?
Old 06-09-2004, 03:55 PM
mike1952
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'11-'12-'13

Default Re: Paging Rick Daniel (hb_cpa)

Rick,

If an order would be accepted because of the allocation but is not accepted because of constraint issues, are we given the chance to change our order or do we have to wait until the next allocation?

very good question!

Old 06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
hojo38
Advanced

Default Re: Paging Rick Daniel (mike1952)

Another Yellow knows a great deal about this process, so perhaps he can weigh in on this issue. As I understand the process, once the dealer knows its allocation, it has to advise GM which of its orders in the system are "preferenced" for selection for production. We have been told that the allocation for the build cycle beginning 19 July should be known to dealers tomorrow, and that they have until 15 June to "finalize" their orders. I take that to mean the dealers have until 15 June to advise GM of their order preference. I would think any dealer would give a customer a chance to change his order to avoid a constraint, rather than have his order bumped to a later build cycle. Regards
Old 06-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06
Default Re: Paging Rick Daniel (hojo38)

I'm not quite certain if the constraints for the week are issued before the dealer gets to preference orders or if the constraints are issued after. There are actually two kinds of constraints. For example a color may not be available for a particular week so that color goes on constraint and no cars of that color are built. A constraint can also be a limited number of the option is available in a given week. If the plant can only build 200 cars with the polished wheels and they know there will be requests for a lot more, then polished wheels go on constraint. Same thing for the performance axle for the automatic or any other option including paint.

If a car can't be built because of a constraint, I don't think the order can be changed that week. It might have to wait for the next week. I know when the high polished wheels first became available on the C5, they were in short supply and orders were changed by the plant and a number of cars were built with painted wheels without giving the owners a chance to wait. That did produce a few upset customers so I don't think something like that will happen again. The VOMS is much better now anyway so they have a better control of the build.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:34 PM
0Rick @ Les Stanford
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06
Default Re: Paging Rick Daniel (hb_cpa)

Rick,

If we can contact you you are given the chance to change your order.

Get notified of new replies

To Paging Rick Daniel

Quick Reply: Paging Rick Daniel