C6 Dealer Inventory Deals on 2005-2010 Corvettes, Dealer Classifieds, New Corvettes
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Ciocca Corvette

GMEPP–GM Financial versus GMPP-Ally

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:24 PM
DennyMenholtChev
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 79 Posts
Default GMEPP–GM Financial versus GMPP-Ally

I have answered multiple emails each day asking the differences between GMEPP (Chevrolet, Buick, GMC & Cadillac Protection Plans) from GM Financial and GMPP from Ally.

Please find below an article that appeared in Automotive News that sheds a bit of light.

But first, note:

I am offering both plans at a deep discount!

I can offer GMEPP in every state on vehicles that are within 10 model years and with less than 120,000 miles!

I cannot offer GMPP in the following states:
Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, and Florida.

Further I cannot offer GMPP if the base bumper to bumper warranty has expired, unless your car is presently covered under a GMPP.

Please email me for a quote on a protection plan.

I need to following information to prepare your quote:
  • Your VIN
  • Your odometer reading
  • Your state of residence

Have a great day!
Mike Colias
Automotive News
January 24, 2015 - 12:34 pm ET

“SAN FRANCISCO -- General Motors is on a hiring binge to build a direct sales force for its branded F&I products as the company seeks a foothold in the competitive space.
GM rolled out branded F&I products nationally last year while taking over the business from captive-finance arm GM Financial. This year, GM plans to double its direct-sales force to more than 80 employees as it seeks to gain sway dealers with the power of brand-name products.
The competition, notably Ally Financial through its GM Protection Plan, are “going after all of the OEMs, whereas we are exclusively devoted to our GM dealers,” Ken Mac, director of extended protection products for GM, said on the sidelines of the show here.
Meanwhile, Ally this week announced a new flagship vehicle-service contract, Ally Premier Protection, along with a new dealer technology platform that it bills as easier to use.
GM is intensifying its push in a crowded market where it can be difficult to shake dealers from the status quo. The F&I sales team has been moved under GM’s customer care and aftersales division, from GM Financial.
Beyond the brand name, Mac said dealers who sign up for GM protection plans -- GMC Extended Protection Plan, for example, or Chevrolet Tire and Wheel Protection -- get marketing support and “expert F&I development training” from its field staff. Nearly 1,000 of GM’s 4,300 dealerships have signed up to sell the products, Mac said.
GM provides marketing content from its brand websites for use on dealers’ own sites. They include short videos that explain what Guaranteed Asset Protection is, for example.
Still, Mac acknowledges that there is confusion among dealers about which is the GM provider. Even though Ally’s license to use the GMPP name expires in late 2016, the former GM captive still sells under that brand. Mac said it’s the job of sales and F&I personnel in the field to clear up any confusion.
“We know we have to earn this business,” he said. “But we want the dealers to be exclusive with us.”
Like GM, Ally also is touting and providing ample training and consulting help for F&I dealership staffers. The new service “better positions us to respond to the needs of a diverse dealer network," Doug Timmerman, president of Ally Insurance, said in a statement.
Ally said it would test Premier Protection at about 60 dealerships starting in March. A nationwide rollout is planned for the summer.”
You can reach Mike Colias at mcolias@crain.com.

Quick Reply: GMEPP–GM Financial versus GMPP-Ally