C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Important information on the ATI Procharger Situation

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Must READ! Important information on the ATI Procharger Situation

Hey guys just wanted to give you heads up for those of you who were thinking about supercharging your C6, There is a thread going on the C5 FI/Nitrous section, (more like a war at this point) between A&A/ECS and ATI Procharger. For those of you that don't know who the are. Andy (A&A) and Doug (ECS) are the two main s/c suppliers to the forum. They have taken ATI's poorly designed system and made it a main stay on the forum, with there custom brackets, FMIC, and tons of R&D. Now that they have put ATI on the map, ATI is no longer selling there head units to them unless they buy a certain amount of there inferior kits. ATI has been known for there poor, if not non existant customer support, and A&S/ECS took all of there unhappy customers and made a system that works. After all of the promotion, R&D, and selling a ton of their head units. ATI is throwing them under the bus because of corporate greed. I think anyone who is considering s/c should go and read this thread. There has already been over 5000! hits and two hundred posts in 1 day. Check it out.

Last edited by vertC6; 08-04-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:03 PM
The Garage Master
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post link please.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Brabus2
Safety Car

I wasn't aware of that thread until Andy brought it to my attention this morning...well I was seriously considering the Procharger as my next performance mod, not no more - I'm staying were talent goes and Andy & Charlie and their crew are top notch guys Everytime I pickup a Corvette magazine, the A&A systems is being featured...I look forward to A&A's force induction kit for the C6
Old 08-03-2005, 11:25 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chad Abell
Post link please.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...26&forum_id=86
Old 08-04-2005, 12:55 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Over 230 posts now
Old 08-04-2005, 05:21 PM
boosted_z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vertC6
Hey guys just wanted to give you heads up for those of you who were thinking about supercharging your C6, There is a thread going on the C5 FI/Nitrous section, (more like a war at this point) between A&A/ECS and ATI Procharger. For those of you that don't know who the are. Andy (A&A) and Doug (ECS) are the two main s/c suppliers to the forum. They have taken ATI's poorly designed system and made it a main stay on the forum, with there custom brackets, FMIC, and tons of R&D. Now that they have put ATI on the map, ATI is no longer selling there head units to them unless they buy a certain amount of there inferior kits. ATI has been known for there poor, if not non existant customer support, and A&S/ECS took all of there unhappy customers and made a system that works. After all of the promotion, R&D, and selling a ton of their head units. ATI is throwing them under the bus because of corporate greed. I think anyone who is considering s/c should go and read this thread. There has already been over 5000! hits and two hundred posts in 1 day. Check it out.
That's your view but I bought into the A&A mods for my supercharger and in the end had to junk his mods.
He likes using the forum to cry and belittle other vendors.
ATI's newest design is much better then what A&A sells at high prices.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:56 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

All I know is I talked to Doug today and he had 4 crates of scraped ATI brackets, There are HUNDREDS of people who contacted ATI about there faulty system and did nothing about it. They simply said, "our system works just fine". Virtually every one that owned them had problems and A&A and ECS bailed them out by redesigning there crap. I can honestly say you are the first that I have ever heard say anything bad about Andy system.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Turbo-12R
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience with ATI was a poor one as well. I do not know how they handle business today, but 10 years ago they put the royal screwing to me over a LT1 kit.

I had trouble with the kit from day one with multiple parts missing (not packed in the box), poor instructions, and things that just did not fit correctly. At the time, ATI boasted a written warranty and a guarantee that if you were not happy with the kit send it back for a refund. After about 20 phone calls, multiple missing parts, parts not fitting, and hand drawn assembly pictures they faxed to us I felt enough was enough and opted to send the kit back for a refund. Surprise! They refused to honor the written guarantee.

Last edited by Turbo-12R; 08-05-2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
SteveL2
Team Owner

Received 209 Likes on 126 Posts

Spend an hour or so reading through the archives on the C5 forced induction section and you will be left with no doubt that for a large majority of people they had much better success with A&A or ECS than they did with ATI. There's no disputing it.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted_z06
That's your view but I bought into the A&A mods for my supercharger and in the end had to junk his mods.
Sorry to hear you had problems, I'm no expert...but I've only ever good things about A&A....you can't please all the people all the time.

Originally Posted by Turbo-12R
My experience with ATI was a poor one as well. I do not know how they handle business today, but 10 years ago they put the royal screwing to me over a LT1 kit.

I had trouble with the kit from day one with multiple parts missing (not packed in the box), poor instructions, and things that just did not fit correctly. At the time, ATI boasted a written warranty and a guarantee that if you were not happy with the kit send it back for a refund. After about 20 phone calls, multiple missing parts, parts not fitting, and hand drawn assembly pictures they faxed to us I felt enough was enough and opted to send the kit back for a refund. Surprise! They refused to honor the written guarantee.
Nice customer relations ATI!
Old 08-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Mobile Man
Instructor

Are you by any chance from...taking a wild guess here...Kansas?? The only people I have heard talking like this are ATI plants or employees. Customers are almost uniform in their distain for ATI customer support.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:01 PM
9T4Z
Racer

Originally Posted by Turbo-12R

It took me YEARS to get my ATI LT1 kit correct.... crap instructions, missing parts, returns, rebuild,..... I had to fab better parts myself. When finished it was good but was a real pain...

Every problem they always acted surprised like "well I've never heard that before...."

my 2 cents
Old 08-08-2005, 09:16 PM
jak112460
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a nice little thread on the LS1GTO.com board about how great ATI is. In fact, other than myself, you might call it a lovefest. There's one guy that says ATI has great customer service and their kits are good quality. It's funny the timing of these posts. I have a Vortech blower on my C5 with 10.5 psi and a 427 forged motor with a conservative cam and heads and conservative tune and it makes 640 at the wheels. One guy made fun of that and said he could made 640 on his stock 348 with a mild cam and heads and 8psi. with his ATI blower. It's an ATI love a thon over there.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Originally Posted by jak112460
I have a Vortech blower on my C5 with 10.5 psi and a 427 forged motor with a conservative cam and heads and conservative tune and it makes 640 at the wheels. One guy made fun of that and said he could made 640 on his stock 348 with a mild cam and heads and 8psi. with his ATI blower. It's an ATI love a thon over there.
Oh, sure, maybe with nitrous added, and then for how many seconds before the "big bang"? I think I'll put my money on your engine.

Michael
Old 08-10-2005, 05:44 PM
NJCTD65
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by jak112460
There's a nice little thread on the LS1GTO.com board about how great ATI is. In fact, other than myself, you might call it a lovefest. There's one guy that says ATI has great customer service and their kits are good quality. It's funny the timing of these posts. I have a Vortech blower on my C5 with 10.5 psi and a 427 forged motor with a conservative cam and heads and conservative tune and it makes 640 at the wheels. One guy made fun of that and said he could made 640 on his stock 348 with a mild cam and heads and 8psi. with his ATI blower. It's an ATI love a thon over there.
Coming from my background in Mustangs and my current lust for a C5 I have travelled all over the "net" in search of information and entertainment. I can say that corvetteforum is by far the most hating of ATI. Sure there are sites that are head over heels in love with ATI, but the majority seem to be simply content with them. Dunno, seems like it all averages out in the end. I am still searching for a company that doesn't have any complaints against them. Some how I don't think i'll ever find one either
Old 08-10-2005, 06:17 PM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Very True, Somebody is going to have a bad experience with all of these companies, thats life. The ATI head units from what I have seen and heard are great. Its just the rest of there system is what had problems, and thats why everyone is pissed off about the current situation of ATI bending these guys over that fixed there system.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:05 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vertC6
... ATI is throwing them under the bus because of corporate greed...
I think that is an overly simplistic conclusion.

Is the new ATI kit less than $5,000 ?

Mark

Get notified of new replies

To Important information on the ATI Procharger Situation

Old 08-11-2005, 12:18 AM
Mike Z06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 9T4Z

It took me YEARS to get my ATI LT1 kit correct.... crap instructions, missing parts, returns, rebuild,..... I had to fab better parts myself. When finished it was good but was a real pain...

Every problem they always acted surprised like "well I've never heard that before...."

my 2 cents
Totally the same experience!
Old 08-11-2005, 01:15 PM
gonbad
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boosted_z06 -- Why don't you tell everyone here who you are? Mr. Pro ATI moderator from other Z06 forum on the internet. Man you are a real piece of work. ATI has ripped both ECS and A&A's design. They can spout all the crap they want about it is a different design for the C6 and we incorporated it into the C5 kit. What crap the bracket for mounting the head unit is the same for both and that is where all the R&D is. What a bunch of posers and you are the worst one. No wonder you wont allow posts on your forum about this issue. We know were you lie on this issue and unable to fathom a different opinion. Go crawl back in your hole you censoring Na**.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:36 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gonbad
What a bunch of posers and you are the worst one.
Personally, IMHO, the true posers are the posters in the FI section that have much to say about the original ATI kit (or even one of the tuner kits) and have no experience whatsoever with either setup.

Mark

Quick Reply: Important information on the ATI Procharger Situation