C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS install on LS3: Wiring Diagram question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
GenuineSurprize
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NOS install on LS3: Wiring Diagram question

Hey im planning on installing a TNT kit on my Ls3, but as for the electrical part im not too sure what wires to use. I purchased all switches and relays and im ready for the install but on the diagram it doesnt specify what type of wire. I have a 16 gauge 12v black wire?? can I use that to connect to all the parts or is it diff. gauge and voltage for different things? would someone mind guiding me in the correct direction . Thanks!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:55 AM
CODE4LS1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used 14 ga wire on tons if installs with no problems. 16 may be a bit small. JMO.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16 gauge will be fine on your low amp side of the relays IE: trigger for relays, arming switches to relays, small purge noids etc. Any item of greater amp draw i would use the 14 gauge wire IE: n2o noids, bottle heater etc. If you have any doubts at all, use the heavier gauge wire as a safety precaution. Now, on ti using all the same colored wire, well you certainly can; however, if you ever need to do diagnostics and/or add another item you can become confused very easily. So, I would rec using colored coded wire and keep a schematic of what you used for future reference. Here are a couple wiring diagrams that may give insight into wiring up a nitrous system, as they will pretty much cover all goodies we may use. By the way, if you, or anyone else, has a good general C6 schematic that I could host with these other diagrams, that would be a great help to others, thanks.
Nitrous Wiring Diagrams and info
Robert

Get notified of new replies

To NOS install on LS3: Wiring Diagram question

Quick Reply: NOS install on LS3: Wiring Diagram question