C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much RWHP can the Stock LS7 block handle?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
0o (and other disbelievers)- just a little more fuel for this fire...

I layed down over 1,000 ft lbs of torque on PUMP gas with a STOCK LS7 NON-SLEEVED block last night shortly after I made the post before this one.

Worth noting, that motor has well over 8,000 miles on it at this power level and it brutalized every day of the week. Still running STRONG! The piece de resistance - it's a Nitrous motor!
You made me a believer... Nothing speaks like experience...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Chris,

There are certainly failures, but I've personally owned and built three 1,000 RWHP Stock blocked LS7's in the last 18 months... As they say, it's all in the tune!
Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
neveo
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

i ordered an A&A vortech t trim set up and an ECS alky kit for my 08Z with all bolt ons last week. not trying to go big just very low psi of under 5. will do the meth kit for added safety since i am going to keep the stock internals with a conservative tune . i think i will be happy with 600 to 625 rwhp around town.

i was thinking that i would run on stock intrnals for a few months and later in the winter build up the internals, heads and blower cam and go big

this thread has me thinking i should have not ordered 360 forged wheels last month and used those funds for new pistons and rockers so i can safely run more psi and go big in one trip to my tuner.

Last edited by neveo; 08-18-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
o0 zeno 0o
Burning Brakes

0o (and other disbelievers)- just a little more fuel for this fire...

I layed down over 1,000 ft lbs of torque on PUMP gas with a STOCK LS7 NON-SLEEVED block last night shortly after I made the post before this one.

Worth noting, that motor has well over 8,000 miles on it at this power level and it brutalized every day of the week. Still running STRONG! The piece de resistance - it's a Nitrous motor!
Amazing how so many strive for the 1000+whp LS7 builds, and yet you just happen to have bunches of them which no one has ever seen, nor have you posted any evidence of or info about...
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by o0 zeno 0o
Amazing how so many strive for the 1000+whp LS7 builds, and yet you just happen to have bunches of them which no one has ever seen, nor have you posted any evidence of or info about...

someone had to say it sometime.....just surprised it took this long.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
BONDS
Heel & Toe

Chris,

There are certainly failures, but I've personally owned and built three 1,000 RWHP Stock blocked LS7's in the last 18 months... As they say, it's all in the tune!
Do you tune??
Old 08-18-2008, 08:23 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Vindication and Zeno,

Plenty of folks have seen and even been passengers in my rides! Why you would choose to cast a stone is beyond me.

I offered to post up dyno sheets in a few days.

You can both go fork yourselves for alluding that I'm anything less than 100% honest. I have nothing to prove to either of you.

You're right about one thing - a lot of folks strive for that 1,000 RWHP mark! Yes, I've been very fortunate to have nearly unlimited budgets for each of my builds so it's made that number a little more readily attainable for me.

However, I've never been a **** about it like you gentlemen just were - I've always tried to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.

Bonds,

Do I tune, yes. But only my own cars with HPTuners and I've had help from some folks I would consider the best in the business (Several kind folks from this forum and several well known tuners!).

I simply try to chime in here and help others not make the same mistakes I have. It gets expensive!

If you want 1,000 RWHP/TQ at the wheels, then unless something goes horribly awry, then a stock block (AND crankshaft) can more than meet your objectives!

I mean NO disrespect to those of you that have spent the extra coin as insurance to over build your motor! If you can afford this avenue, then more power to you - I'm just stating that in my limited experience, it's not *necessary*!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
o0 zeno 0o
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neveo
i ordered an A&A vortech t trim set up and an ECS alky kit for my 08Z with all bolt ons last week. not trying to go big just very low psi of under 5. will do the meth kit for added safety since i am going to keep the stock internals with a conservative tune . i think i will be happy with 600 to 625 rwhp around town.

i was thinking that i would run on stock intrnals for a few months and later in the winter build up the internals, heads and blower cam and go big

this thread has me thinking i should have not ordered 360 forged wheels last month and used those funds for new pistons and rockers so i can safely run more psi and go big in one trip to my tuner.
I'm going to go against the grain here and say that your path is fine. Sure, you end up having to pay for an extra tune, but you'll also get a little more thrill out of it.

Pretty much, once you add that power it's going to be awesome.. but over time you're going to get use to it, and the excitement is going to fade. So taking a more moderate jump to 625whp is going to feel awesome, then as it gets less exciting, you'll be able to take the 750-800whp jump without too ridiculous an expense.

If you do the 750-800whp now, and you end up getting bored and wanting more, the next step is exponentially more expensive and there aren't any "easy" gains to be had after that..

I'd say enjoy the mods, and when you're ready for more just eat the cost of the second tune. No reason to go ***** out all at one time.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Hey guys, I'll personally vouch for Ed. I've known him for about 6 years or more and all of his cars and bikes have put down wicked power. He's no bull**** artist and honestly, he doesn't have anything to gain from embellishing in a thread on the corvetteforum.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:41 PM
o0 zeno 0o
Burning Brakes

You're right about one thing - a lot of folks strive for that 1,000 RWHP mark! Yes, I've been very fortunate to have nearly unlimited budgets for each of my builds so it's made that number a little more readily attainable for me.
Yet you cut corners at a spot where the mass majority of forum tuners would tell you you're running on borrowed time if you try to run that kind of power?

However, I've never been a **** about it like you gentlemen just were - I've always tried to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem.
We're just trying to shed light on the fact that the advice your giving is unfounded, and where as the mass majority of forum tuners would not dare give that advice, a forum reader should at least question the validity of your hollow statements.

Do I tune, yes. But only my own cars with HPTuners and I've had help from some folks I would consider the best in the business (Several kind folks from this forum and several well known tuners!).
I would love to hear who these forum tuners are! With as many people out there who are looking for 1000+whp builds, I think that would be benificial information for everyone!

I simply try to chime in here and help others not make the same mistakes I have. It gets expensive!
I would argue that if someone listens to you, it is likely to cost them a lot of money. I don't see how advising anyone to run over 1000+whp on an aluminum block with walls that thin is helping.

If you want 1,000 RWHP/TQ at the wheels, then unless something goes horribly awry, then a stock block (AND crankshaft) can more than meet your objectives!
Still waiting for even the slightest bit of evidence on this. Infact, I would love to see even the slightest little bit of evidence you own THREE 1000+whp LS7's.

No disrespect.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Paul Scarpelli
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Apology accepted...

Originally Posted by o0 zeno 0o
I've known Ed for over ten years, and he's the real dealio. When he was in his late teens, he built (himself) a 9-second Grand National. From there it was on to a 12-second Eclipse, and then Corvettes. He also had possibly the most powerful turbo Hyabusa, until it puked on the dyno at over 450 hp. I know that four months ago he owned three C6 Z06s, but I can't tell you why. One is a track car, but that doesn't explain the two others. Ed doesn't come off like Einstein, but he's a bright engineer, and excessive horsepower is sort of a compulsion. Probably compensating for a teenie weiner.

Years ago when Ed was a bodybuilder, he was featured on a Barbara Walters TV special. Kind of funny seeing this giant standing next to Baba Wawa.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:44 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli
I've known Ed for over ten years, and he's the real dealio. When he was in his late teens, he built (himself) a 9-second Grand National. From there it was on to a 12-second Eclipse, and then Corvettes. He also had possibly the most powerful turbo Hyabusa, until it puked on the dyno at over 450 hp. I know that four months ago he owned three C6 Z06s, but I can't tell you why. One is a track car, but that doesn't explain the two others. Ed doesn't come off like Einstein, but he's a bright engineer, and excessive horsepower is sort of a compulsion. Probably compensating for a teenie weiner.

Years ago when Ed was a bodybuilder, he was featured on a Barbara Walters TV special. Kind of funny seeing this giant standing next to Baba Wawa.

He's definitely one of the most intelligent people I've gotten to know over the years (except for when he's drunk )
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Guys,

You came out of the fargin woodwork! LOL! Thanks for the kind words!

Paul, I hope you've done something to that new Z06 by now!!!!! It's been at least 2 months since she rolled off the assembly line! You're obviously in the FI/N20 threads, let's talk mods for you!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:08 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Zeno,

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Your cockiness on this forum has gone unchecked for quite sometime, so I've got a proposal for you:

Why don't you drive YOUR CAR (since you seem to have so much experience that goes against my advice - and I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, ergo you MUST have built one HELLUVA machine!) to Huntsville, AL. in the next 2 weeks (I'll be back in town on Friday of this week), pick which car or bike of mine you want to race (and I'll give you ANY race you want.. 1/8th, 1/4, mile, etc...), race me, and if you beat me (and if I don't have 110% of what I claim), then I'll pay for your gas round trip, give you $1K for your inconvenience, and pay for your accommodations!

Raleigh, NC sure isn't far from me! It would make a great weekend trip!

Hell, after you see my stable and I whip your azz in any race of your choice (however, there is to be NO foot racing!), I'll still buy you dinner and a beer!

Let's see who's full of **** now.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:35 PM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Zeno,

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Your cockiness on this forum has gone unchecked for quite sometime, so I've got a proposal for you:

Why don't you drive YOUR CAR (since you seem to have so much experience that goes against my advice - and I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, ergo you MUST have built one HELLUVA machine!) to Huntsville, AL. in the next 2 weeks (I'll be back in town on Friday of this week), pick which car or bike of mine you want to race (and I'll give you ANY race you want.. 1/8th, 1/4, mile, etc...), race me, and if you beat me (and if I don't have 110% of what I claim), then I'll pay for your gas round trip, give you $1K for your inconvenience, and pay for your accommodations!

Hell, after you see my stable and I whip your azz in any race of your choice (however, there is to be NO foot racing!), I'll still buy you dinner and a beer!

I'm totally driving to Huntsville for this
Old 08-18-2008, 11:43 PM
o0 zeno 0o
Burning Brakes

Well, I don't have a 1000+whp car so you probably wouldn't have to worry about having to pay 1k + expenses. I would certainly be up for checking out your stable and seeing what you can run, though. Do you have a strip near by? I might not be able to make the next 2 weeks, but I'm sure we can work out a date.

Hell, at the very least you'd have a video to back up the 1000+whp claims, right?

Let me know what the T&T night is at the local strip and we'll see what we can make work!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:29 AM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Zeno,

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Sounds like you've got quite a nice collection of toys. Stay safe and enjoy!

Get notified of new replies

To How much RWHP can the Stock LS7 block handle?

Old 08-19-2008, 10:47 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Zeno,

I want the race!

The next two weeks is all I can plan for right now (yes, we've got an 1/8th mile strip here and a 1/4 about 1.25 hours south of here). After that, I may be in Miami for an extended period of time. It's still not a bad trip for you and there are plenty of strips nearby. However, we'll get in touch in a couple of weeks and see if you wanna drive down/what we can work out.

Yes, I have some video of some of my cars and I'll get dyno sheets up towards the weekend.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:49 AM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Thanks MontRed Vert!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zeno,

I want the race!

The next two weeks is all I can plan for right now (yes, we've got an 1/8th mile strip here and a 1/4 about 1.25 hours south of here). After that, I may be in Miami for an extended period of time. It's still not a bad trip for you and there are plenty of strips nearby. However, we'll get in touch in a couple of weeks and see if you wanna drive down/what we can work out.

Yes, I have some video of some of my cars and I'll get dyno sheets up towards the weekend.

See I question this. Why would you even hit up someone for a 1/8 race in a 1000 or even 700 HP C6 (given you would choose to run off the gates and the min. power you would make is 650-750) you'd spin down the track. Thats asking to cut it close to a car with decent power and traction. Man i know if i was a big shot calling someone out in a run the 1/8 would be the LAST place Id run a car.

Look, instead of coming on here and acting like a tough guy calling out a guy to a race why dont you post a vid, dyno sheet, a SIMPLE PICTURE or anything instead of running your mouth and making call outs. Man i know if i had 3 1000 HP C6Zs Id have pictures of them all over the place. I think I have a ton a pictures for the ONE 1000 HP Corvette I own I wouldnt know what to do with 2 others at its side. Not to mention my bank account would probably take a 200k hit just in modding them since you seem to be the "no expensives cared" type. I know if I had build 3 cars like mine Id be in atleast 350-400k in. 70 per car and 50k for mods. Giving that much business to Kurt and Phil they would probably remember to send me a X mas card with a thank you.

It would be nice for you to post some information on who build all these wonderful cars for you! Like Mr. Zeno mention it would be great for all the people on the forum to know exactly who is building 1000 HP Zs to sucess. From the tuning to install someone had to be responsible. Why aren't they on here backing up your claims? Did you build these cars at home? You walked out to your garage and said "**** im going to build 3 1000 hp C6Zs" one morning? We know Cartek, NLP, EPP, Charlie, MDMC, Lingenfelter and finally my tuner Road Rebel can build these cars. Are you a secret down in GA, CA, WA, or where ever your from? We know who build LPFS's car, Jorday, Mr Big, Stealth, Paul Majors, Norms, Xcessive Vette, etc cars came from. You know who build mine. Come on, share with us. You seem to be so helpful on the forum giving people all this wonderful advice.

This would prove a lot more than calling out someone in ONE of your 1000 HP C6Zs to a 1/8 mile run.

Quick Reply: How much RWHP can the Stock LS7 block handle?