C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much RWHP can the Stock LS7 block handle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:48 PM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
The material the dartons are made of are more forgiving than the stock sleeve however. Ive seen many a cracked LS7 sleeves. Jason is right, keeping the detonation out of it is what will keep them, and everything else, alive.

On of Mr Bigs best friends had a Yellow Z from us, heads/cam/billet rods/Mahle pistons, and sprayed it everyweekend on a stock block, upwards of 900 rwtq, and its still alive. I had a customer with a bone stock car get a batch of bad gas, and it cracked the stock sleeve. Its all in the engine calibration. Now having said that, I opt for the strongest piece available. when you have a 100k+ investment, whats another few thousand?

Louis
Hi Lou,

I little off topic, and I apologize in advance but..

Does your client with the yellow Z put a slick or equivalent on his car? I'm curious how the drivetrain holds up to that kind of power!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 PM
TRINIC5
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRebel
I have so many 800-900rwhp pump gassers running around on stock LS7blocks I dont even think about it anymore.

Phil
800rwhp & 900rwhp is good figures to talk about but how many of these cars wins a race, I am 100% sure they lost almost every race they ran and it's all because a car with suck hp spins all the way up to 70mph while a car with 699hp is just right for the street with all the fun on the road, especially where there is hardly a tire adviable to hook up on the street. I made 684rwhp and spin all first 3 gears with 345 huges A6. So big numbers sounds good but trying putting it to the ground. It hurts when a 11sec. car blows your doors after trying to get your big hp car to go straight.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
0INTMD8
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A big HP turbo car can easily make use of the power with proper boost controller setup and tuning.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFirstCorvette
Hi Lou,

I little off topic, and I apologize in advance but..

Does your client with the yellow Z put a slick or equivalent on his car? I'm curious how the drivetrain holds up to that kind of power!

Thanks in advance!
He runs Drag Radials on the vettes... the slicks are on his 1300rwhp TT viper...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by INTMD8
A big HP turbo car can easily make use of the power with proper boost controller setup and tuning.
S/C'd cars too... Waste gate coming soooooooon....
Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRINIC5
800rwhp & 900rwhp is good figures to talk about but how many of these cars wins a race, I am 100% sure they lost almost every race they ran and it's all because a car with suck hp spins all the way up to 70mph while a car with 699hp is just right for the street with all the fun on the road, especially where there is hardly a tire adviable to hook up on the street. I made 684rwhp and spin all first 3 gears with 345 huges A6. So big numbers sounds good but trying putting it to the ground. It hurts when a 11sec. car blows your doors after trying to get your big hp car to go straight.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

You haven't heard of a waste gate before? how about boost by gear & rpm tuning... oh wait... you thought a waste gate was only used on a Turbo car... well you need to get educated on how we make these "tooooooo much horse power having, spinning, getting beat by lesser hp S/C'd cars" work soooooo well... but it seems we need to refer back to your posts later, so we can see how WE were wrong... well to you I say, your wrong and misinformed... but hang around a while, you might just learn something... Waste gates are your friend...

This guy made me post the same post twice, just to help stop the ignorance...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 AM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
You haven't heard of a waste gate before? how about boost by gear & rpm tuning... oh wait... you thought a waste gate was only used on a Turbo car... well you need to get educated on how we make these "tooooooo much horse power having, spinning, getting beat by lesser hp S/C'd cars" work soooooo well... but it seems we need to refer back to your posts later, so we can see how WE were wrong... well to you I say, your wrong and misinformed... but hang around a while, you might just learn something... Waste gates are your friend...

This guy made me post the same post twice, just to help stop the ignorance...
Old 09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Exactly... I guess that's why the Pro Stock cars out run the Top Fuel guys... Those 1250hp guys must just get better traction than the 7000hp guys
M&H 345x18's FTW
Old 09-26-2008, 01:57 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Exactly... I guess that's why the Pro Stock cars out run the Top Fuel guys... Those 1250hp guys must just get better traction than the 7000hp guys
M&H 345x18's FTW
I'm going to be following your posts on the wastegate setup with your blower, looking forward to learning about it. Pretty slick.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Nijinsky3
Pro

Originally Posted by NORTY
Why is it that on most threads, cynics have to challenge the credibility of people? Do they make themselves "feel" better about themselves? BTW, I only have 1 Z06...
Uh...Pot, Kettle...BLACK?

Or maybe its just because they have a little pee pee?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:12 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
I've consistently made 1,150-1,200 at the wheels on two of my STOCK BLOCKED (with all forged internals and of course studs EVERYWHERE) TT Z06's.

However, when the builds started out this much power was not my goal (we wanted 900-1,000 RWHP). It was just fairly easy to hit these numbers with Twins and Nitrous...

I'd say my luck has been better than average due to ZERO detonation (due to damn near perfect tunes on each car!). I'd say you can get away with 21.5, MAYBE 22.5 PSI before the 4 bolt heads start lifting and the block integrity becomes an issue.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, but......YOU'RE CRAZY!!!, so that doesn't count.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:15 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Wow! I sure am glad you came in here to set us all straight! I guess I'll have to pulley down to 2psi boost so we can race.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:20 AM
deviant1
Racer

hey guys i met ed about 2 weeks ago at horsepower sales in pompano beach and we started talking about the car he was driving, it was his yellow tt zo6 he offered to take me for a drive which i took him up on that offer because i am having the same setup built and wanted to see how it felt. we went from a very slow roll maybe 10 mph and holy crap the car dead hooked and before we knew it we were in triple digits, i was totally impressed i thought we would be all over the road but it was totally the opposite. he told me everything in detail on what was done to that z, stock block with fully forged internals with a stock crank, aps modified tt tuner kit, a mild blower cam, STOCK zo6 mufflers, meth, and of course a built trani and rear end. ed is a stand up guy and tells it how it is and will offer his help and info to anyone. since then we have hung out numerous times and put away quite a few beers just shooting the $#!T about cars and women. as for a dyno sheet i dont need to see one because i have seen it first hand and he even threw me the keys one night and said here drive which i refused and said thanks for the offer being a passenger is enough for me.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:25 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Kyle,

Thanks for the kind words.

Some folks just can't comprehend what the proper tune and a perfect combination will net. It's simply amazing.

You're car is going to be a 1,000 RWHP beast on pump gas also! (and hopefully SOON!)
Old 12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default For the record...

Edward, I'm a fan and a believer...can't believe the BS you have to put up with here, but I'm glad you are able to deal with it because this place is better for it.

Back in the day I used to drag a GSXR when they frist came out, at a time when everybody ran GS engines I managed to get the "light-weight roadrace engine which couldn't possible be strong enough" to run in the 7s @ 170+. Had a lot of people react the same as what I'm seeing happen here with you.

You rock buddy!

Cheers, Paul.
The following users liked this post:
Vader725 (02-15-2021)
Old 12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Paul says: Back in the day I used to drag a GSXR when they frist came out, at a time when everybody ran GS engines I managed to get the "light-weight roadrace engine which couldn't possible be strong enough" to run in the 7s @ 170+.
Paul,

Thanks for the kind words! and YES SIR! I remember those same days!

Get notified of new replies

To How much RWHP can the Stock LS7 block handle?

Old 04-28-2014, 01:58 PM
chipscvettec5
Racer

Had a guy showing off at a car show the other day, reving up his engine and running his mouth. It was a nice C6 Z06 and he was bragging that all his mods didn't show, there in the engine, that chrome only slows him down, I'm running over 700HP, yadda, yadda etc.
He was trying to hit on all the women walking by asking them if they wanted to take a ride. Biggest jerk I've ever seen at a car show, especially as a Corvette owner.
My point is (of which I didn't challenge) can you achieve over 700HP by just adding a cam, headers and aftermarket CAI to a stock LS7? That's all there was, no SC or TC. My best uneducated guess would be around 580HP real wheel at best.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:22 PM
C6dude
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chipscvettec5
Had a guy showing off at a car show the other day, reving up his engine and running his mouth. It was a nice C6 Z06 and he was bragging that all his mods didn't show, there in the engine, that chrome only slows him down, I'm running over 700HP, yadda, yadda etc.
He was trying to hit on all the women walking by asking them if they wanted to take a ride. Biggest jerk I've ever seen at a car show, especially as a Corvette owner.
My point is (of which I didn't challenge) can you achieve over 700HP by just adding a cam, headers and aftermarket CAI to a stock LS7? That's all there was, no SC or TC. My best uneducated guess would be around 580HP real wheel at best.
He's full of BS.
He did it with only a cam/exhaust/CIA and everybody else needs a SC or turbo to put out that kind of power ? Yea right..
I would have called him on his B.S. after I smoked him.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 PM
BADZ
Melting Slicks

Brought back an old thread from the dead lol,

Quick Reply: How much RWHP can the Stock LS7 block handle?