C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I FINALLY pulled the Trigger! My LS3 is getting "SCREWED" supercharged by TECHCO.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 AM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I FINALLY pulled the Trigger! My LS3 is getting "SCREWED" supercharged by TECHCO.....

Well, what can I say, after several months of research, I dropped my car off today at TECHCO for them to install one of their newly released 3 Liter twin-screw reverse revolution supercharger for the LS3 Corvette platform.

I have been researching about this topic since December, and concluded that their set-up would fulfill my requirements. I contemplated about adding a cam, then heads & cam, and then a supercharger to my existing first phase list of modifications. Just when I thought that I had made my decision on one of the centrifugal set-ups, TECHCO announced that they were releasing their kit for the LS3 Corvette platform shortly, so I waited a little bit until they did so, and I am glad that I did.

What made me select TECHCO? TECHCO runs a word class operation, and I would easily put them in the same Category as Lingenfelter or Callaway. TECHCO's team were basically all a part of Saleen, before starting their own company. Prior to making my final decision, I visited TECHCO's facility, and I was truly amazed with their facility, workmanship, and commitment to our community. They manufacture almost all components in-house, thus having complete quality control over the entire manufacturing process. The fit and finish of this kit is unbelievable. They have their own engine building facility, CNC porting programs, flow benches, and just about all necessary world-class machinery, making the need to outsource anything for production almost obsolete. Their team is also a class act, from Carlos Duran, which is the Sales Manager, and Billy Tally, one of the Chief Engineers.

The actual supercharger is actually a twin-screw blower, which has the low-mid range TQ of a roots type blower, but the high end HP rivaling the centrifugal set-ups, which to me, combines the best of both worlds. TECHCO uses a huge Fluidyne heat exchanger, along with their single pass dual intercoolers that have more than twice the cooling capacity of a TVS 2300, thus reducing IAT's and keeping a cooler running engine, which is crucial for boosted applications, and prevents the PCM from pulling timing. Another HUGE plus is that this kit fits UNDER the stock hood, so no need to purchase an after market hood and not only worry about painting it, but blending the color in with the other body panels, which to me personally was not a consideration, especially with Atomic Orange. Another positive aspect of their kit is that very little has to be permanently altered in the car. Unlike some other kits that require hacking and permanent alterations, the TECHCO kit basically requires that the radiator shroud be slightly cut to mount the heat exchanger, and a little piece of the windshield wiper cowl has to be trimmed to clear the intercooler, and that is about it. No tapping into the oil pan, or worrying about changing the oil of the self-contained centrifugal units, making this set-up virtually maintenance free.

I will most likely be running about 6 - 7 pounds of boost, which should not require a BAP, and will have to run with the crappy 91-octane gas that is available in California. I wish that we had 93-octane gas available, which would allow to run more timing and a little leaner AFR with less KR. I will keep my Kooks 1 3/4" headers, 3 x 3 catted midpipe, and Borla multicore cat-back exhaust, and obviously have to remove my Callaway Honker CAI, since it will be replaced by TECHCO’s intake system that is supplied with the supercharger. I am hoping to achieve around 550 RWHP SAE and 500 RWTQ SAE on TECHCO's dynojet running low boost and on 91-octane gas. I decided to add a DeWitts A05AE upgraded radiator along with a 160-degree thermostat to keep things cool, especially during the summer months in Central California where temperatures easily exceed 100 degrees. TECHCO will experiment with different plugs to find out which ones are best suited for my application.

On Monday, they will obtain a baseline dyno of my car with the current modifications and then install their kit. The process should take no longer than 3 weeks, and their Sales Manager, Carlos Duran will also continuously update this thread. Now the wait begins and so do the sleepless nights.

I want to extend a HUGE "THANK YOU" for those that helped me during my decision process, including San, and ESPECIALLY ED TRAYLOR for communicating with me via phone and PM's.

If you are even remotely considering adding a superchargerto your Corvette, do yourself a favor and contact their Sales Manager, Carlos Duran.

Last edited by PAUZAO; 06-07-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:00 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't find any of the LS3 info on their site.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:02 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

and you are not going ahead with a cam, right?
Old 06-07-2009, 02:18 PM
EdwardETraylorIII
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Great news! I think you made a great decision! I can't wait to see the number!!! Glad to help!!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:21 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by POACHR
I can't find any of the LS3 info on their site.
TECHCO is in the process of updating and finalizing all of the information, before posting on their website. the kit is basically ready, and they are installing the kit on my car and another car to complete the final R&D process.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:22 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by POACHR
and you are not going ahead with a cam, right?
Not for now....., but if TECHCO wants to install a very mild emissions friendly blower cam, I will not object.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:23 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by EdwardETraylorIII
Great news! I think you made a great decision! I can't wait to see the number!!! Glad to help!!
Thank you sir, you are a true enthusiast and a great person to offer such detailed assistance as you did.

Funny, how I always caught you either coming or on your way to the movies, but you always spoke to me either way.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:57 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PAUZAO
TECHCO is in the process of updating and finalizing all of the information, before posting on their website. the kit is basically ready, and they are installing the kit on my car and another car to complete the final R&D process.
cool thanks. And I found most of the info I was looking for through search

Not for now....., but if TECHCO wants to install a very mild emissions friendly blower cam, I will not object.
yeah I bet you wouldn't!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:11 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

PAUZO,
If you want me to go check on your car let me know. I'm close as you know. I'll be on the East Coast 14-19 June, but other than that I'm here on the West Coast. I'm looking forward to your results and evaluation. Best of luck to you. You have my number, but pm me if you need it again.

San
Old 06-07-2009, 05:34 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

Very cool! Can't wait to see it done bro!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:40 PM
RAWBEEZ
Advanced

Default Orange Vette

I also dropped my car off yesterday as well. I pulled up in the white vette just when you were about to leave. You bolted pretty quick. Wish you would have stuck around to chat it up a little. Man, they have a really nice facility there. I CANT wait to see the results!!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:14 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Any pics of the supercharger??
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Robls6
Melting Slicks

Never heard of them
Old 06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by oldmansan
PAUZO,
If you want me to go check on your car let me know. I'm close as you know. I'll be on the East Coast 14-19 June, but other than that I'm here on the West Coast. I'm looking forward to your results and evaluation. Best of luck to you. You have my number, but pm me if you need it again.

San
Thank you for the offer San, we will be in touch. I am about 260 miles away.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:36 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by RAWBEEZ
I also dropped my car off yesterday as well. I pulled up in the white vette just when you were about to leave. You bolted pretty quick. Wish you would have stuck around to chat it up a little. Man, they have a really nice facility there. I CANT wait to see the results!!
Andrew, I saw you pulling up, and I am so sorry that I left. My friend came down there with me, but had to go home due to prior commitments. We drove about 260 miles each away, and had been at it since around 5:00 A.M. PM me if you would like, and we can communicate via phone. Are you getting anything else installed, or just their base kit?
Old 06-07-2009, 07:36 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by KingCobra04
Very cool! Can't wait to see it done bro!
Thank you Jared. Give me a call.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:37 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
George, TECHCO has a thread with pictures.

Get notified of new replies

To I FINALLY pulled the Trigger! My LS3 is getting "SCREWED" supercharged by TECHCO.....

Old 06-07-2009, 07:38 PM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Robls6
Never heard of them
They have applications for Dodge and Ford, and are now entering the Corvette and Camaro market.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:53 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Thank you for the offer San, we will be in touch. I am about 260 miles away.
I check my email and Corvette Forum at least daily. I am often in a facility where I can't check unclassified sources, but I check them later in the day/evening. Let me know if you need anything.

San
Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
here ya go

http://www.dpmmedia.com/techco/photos/corvettesc/

Quick Reply: I FINALLY pulled the Trigger! My LS3 is getting "SCREWED" supercharged by TECHCO.....