C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you deal with "Service Active Handling " after FI

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:20 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you deal with "Service Active Handling " after FI

I guess that it is common to get "service active handling" after installing FI on the Vette. Mine is 09 with Procharger. It is fine in daily driving but under WOT shifts it gives me the Service message no matter what mode I put the car into before racing. Any recommendations on how to deal with it....

trapp (yes I posted in the Tech Forum Also)
Old 08-16-2009, 01:24 PM
POACHR
Burning Brakes

but it back to stock... even the tune. It is just what I would do although I have no first hand experience. I just would not give them any reason to deny my car service.
Old 08-16-2009, 03:16 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,339 Likes on 947 Posts

"Service active handling" has never reared its ugly head on my '08. It was stock for the first 6K, cam and bolt ons for the next 7K, and TVS blown for the last coulple thousand. It has spent quite a bit of time going fast in a fairly straight line. Not so much fast time going around curves. Is it common and I'm just lucky?

Jerking the 'charger off and returning to stock would be a tough pill to swallow. There has to be a better way.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:17 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by old motorhead
"Service active handling" has never reared its ugly head on my '08. It was stock for the first 6K, cam and bolt ons for the next 7K, and TVS blown for the last coulple thousand. It has spent quite a bit of time going fast in a fairly straight line. Not so much fast time going around curves. Is it common and I'm just lucky?

Jerking the 'charger off and returning to stock would be a tough pill to swallow. There has to be a better way.

I won't remove charger at any cost. I will get it fixed with or without coverage through gm. I road raced it with headers cats vararam intake and tune with no problems . Now with procharger and tune I'm getting issues only at wot shifts independent of corners.

Trapp
Old 08-16-2009, 06:34 PM
vic8709
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey i had that like a week ago on my zo6 and the dealer fixed it under warranty. They told me the sensor went bad so its probably just the sensor on yours. Mine would go off after turning hard or a bump then when i turned off my car it went away.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by trapp
I won't remove charger at any cost. I will get it fixed with or without coverage through gm. I road raced it with headers cats vararam intake and tune with no problems . Now with procharger and tune I'm getting issues only at wot shifts independent of corners.

Trapp
The supercharger isnt causing it. Its common on corvettes and just so happened to do it on your car at this time.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:16 AM
thomas walters
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

What code is being thrown? If it is P0068, try the following from Mr. Big (worked for me):

Go to Engine Diagnostics > General and set P0068 Enable RPM to 8192. This will disable the test for this code. If you are also getting P0101 then change the Min ECT to 250*F to disable this test.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

P0068 would put you into reduced engine power/limp home mode. Not Service Active Handling.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 PM
thomas walters
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Did for me. I got Service Active Handling on the DIC, and went into limp-mode as a result. Parameter change solved the problem.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:20 AM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thomas walters
What code is being thrown? If it is P0068, try the following from Mr. Big (worked for me):

Go to Engine Diagnostics > General and set P0068 Enable RPM to 8192. This will disable the test for this code. If you are also getting P0101 then change the Min ECT to 250*F to disable this test.

I don't know what code yet but will find out this week and let you know.....

tx
Old 08-18-2009, 10:18 AM
fperra
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it "service active handling" or "service active traction"? After I forged and SC's my engine I'm getting the latter one whenever I get on it. But it goes off after a few seconds.

Get notified of new replies

To How do you deal with "Service Active Handling " after FI

Quick Reply: How do you deal with "Service Active Handling " after FI