C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techco is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Vetteinplano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read Post #19
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

What happened to the Guy in So. Cal Who recently had His Vette done there?
It was a big long post.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:57 AM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 1bdasvt
What happened to the Guy in So. Cal Who recently had His Vette done there?
It was a big long post.
His name is PAUZO, he got banned, and he's hoping TechCo is not out of business. He got his car back and the jury is still out. That's all I'll say for now.

San
Old 08-21-2009, 02:00 AM
oldmansan
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
I heard the same thing from one of their staff membes. The sprinklers went off and flooded the building, incluing two Saleen S7s. They complained and the owner wouldn't do anything about it, so they are relocating. Made sense to me...
I for one REALLY hope they don't go. We need more twin screw systems, specially ones that don't require a big bulging aftermarket hood.
I got that info about the sprinklers from West Coast Corvettes. They are literally a stone's throw from TechCo's previous facility. According to the person I spoke with TechCo was buying Corvette parts from them last week.

I would guess one of two things are happening. TechCo can't find a suitable facility or they have closed the doors.

San
Old 08-21-2009, 04:21 AM
4MuscleMachines
Burning Brakes

Do a search on the different srt8 forums, plenty of Techo threads of builds not finished and unsatisfactory results.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 4MuscleMachines
Do a search on the different srt8 forums, plenty of Techo threads of builds not finished and unsatisfactory results.
My DD is a Jeep SRT8, I spend a little time on those sites, and I've seen what you say...
Old 08-21-2009, 09:09 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmansan
His name is PAUZO, he got banned, and he's hoping TechCo is not out of business. He got his car back and the jury is still out. That's all I'll say for now.

San
WTF?

As far as techno? Maybe they are reorganizing because of the loss and they will return to take care of that gentlemans car.

The offer by one of the vendors willing to service any car built by techno free of charge is truly a sign of a good business man.

I hope Pauzo takes this gentleman up on his offer (jeff) and resolves all his issues.

I've been in a similiar situation years back and its not fun. I would have given my left nxt to have someone offer something like that.

Someone (who has his email address) please contact Pauzo to let him know what has been offered since he is no longer on this site..(he might not see it)
Old 08-21-2009, 09:51 AM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Originally Posted by oldmansan

San
That's why I went with a Co. that's been around for years such as Magnacharger!!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
If a member has one of their kits, and needs help fixing issues, My shop is probably the most experienced twin screw Corvette shop in the country. I will offer our services free of charge, no strings attached, to help the member get his car on the road.
Jeff - WOW, Fantastic Corvette Forum support!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:31 AM
KingCobra04
Advanced

Its really unfortunate, but signs of the times.

They came on to the scene, and half the members here started finding reasons to bash other S/C vendors, only to jump on their bandwagon.

At the end of the day, hopefully the members will know that its important to pick a S/C from a company who has been around a while, and isnt going anywhere. Its not always about rushing to have the first kit out, or proving you can do it without a hood. Cause at the end of the day, who's gonna be there to service the warranty when that company closes.

If a member has one of their kits, and needs help fixing issues, My shop is probably the most experienced twin screw Corvette shop in the country. I will offer our services free of charge, no strings attached, to help the member get his car on the road.

Jeff.....PAUZAO is interested in talking with you about resolving the issues with his car. He mentioned he sent you an email regarding his vehicle. Please contact him when you have a moment. Thank you!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:41 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

PAUZO definately watches the threads here and KingCobra04 and I have been in contact with him.

San
Old 08-21-2009, 02:38 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Just trying to help out where I can.

I know twin screws better than I know my wife, so why not put it to good use.

Like I said, provided the head unit is solid, I could easily fix any associated problems. We have been building custom Twin Screws for years.

I just spoke to the guys out in Socal.. It seems they were spending the investors money at a faster rate than agreed, so he pulled out, and shut them down.
Originally Posted by Keith N
Jeff - WOW, Fantastic Corvette Forum support!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:03 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Like I said, provided the head unit is solid, I could easily fix any associated problems. We have been building custom Twin Screws for years.

I just spoke to the guys out in Socal.. It seems they were spending the investors money at a faster rate than agreed, so he pulled out, and shut them down.
Jeff, I really applaud the offer that youve made. Truly a standup vendor and obviously a very generous person. I've got no pony in this race, but just want you to know from the outside looking in: :thu mbs:

Best of luck to you and hope a lot of biz comes your way for the "pay it forward".
Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Flash99
Pro

Nice job for stepping up to the plate Jeff, all the bashing comes full circle, LOL.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:23 PM
thomas walters
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Your kind and generous gesture is indicative of your character. Good thing about karma is that what you give will someday come back.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:42 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

PAUZAO received a text message earlier today from Carlos Duran, Sales Manager formally of TECHCO which stated, "I am no longer employed by TECHCO, here is Wayne Grafton's phone number...604-220-1010. I am not taking any TECHCO calls!"

Pretty much sums it up!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:06 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by KingCobra04
PAUZAO received a text message earlier today from Carlos Duran, Sales Manager formally of TECHCO which stated, "I am no longer employed by TECHCO, here is Wayne Grafton's phone number...604-220-1010. I am not taking any TECHCO calls!"

Pretty much sums it up!
That's a shame because TECHNO really did do a decent job bringing a completely NEW system to market in record time... Not saying it was perfect, but a accomplishment non the less given the time frame.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To Techco is out of business!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:10 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
That's a shame because TECHNO really did do a decent job bringing a completely NEW system to market in record time... Not saying it was perfect, but a accomplishment non the less given the time frame.

Mike
they made a kit with great potential! It's unfortunate because their closing has put a lot of people in bad positions with their vehicles and their warranties!

Last edited by KingCobra04; 08-21-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:10 PM
oldmansan
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '09

Pretty much sums it up!
That sucks for those that bought a unit with a warranty. Actually, it sucks for those that bought a unit period as support will be difficult at best.

San
Old 08-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

they made a kit with great potential! It's unfortunate because their closing has put a lot of people in bad positions with their vehicles and their warranties!
Yeah that does suck for all C6 owners (and other platforms) involved. My point was simply what was achieved as a fresh/new design. Just looking at it from the outside in .

Mike

Quick Reply: Techco is out of business!