C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Techco is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 11:29 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

If I had 13 million to spend in 12 months I could bring one to market to..

But I agree, it was a really nice kit, with a ton of promise. Im sure its not the last of them.

I've been speaking to PAUZAO via email, and he will be bringing his car out to Vegas. I will be correcting the A/C and Cooling System problems, and looking at the tune to make sure its good to go, on the house...

I'll probably go over the entire kit just to be sure everything is in check.. I'm assuming everything else is fine, but since their no longer in business, i'd prefer to give the system a clean bill of health.

No need for kudos guys.. I would hope someone would do it for me if I had a problem..
Originally Posted by Skunkworks
That's a shame because TECHNO really did do a decent job bringing a completely NEW system to market in record time... Not saying it was perfect, but a accomplishment non the less given the time frame.

Mike
Old 08-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Skunkworks
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE

But I agree, it was a really nice kit, with a ton of promise. Im sure its not the last of them.
Okay didn't realize that the pockets ran so deep! I've been on projects with a burn rate like that and more, but that was a scope much larger then TECHNO.

Best of luck to TECHNO customers and hope you can help them out .

Mike
Old 08-22-2009, 12:05 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Well, they found the bottom REALLY quick.

Think of this. They had multiple 5 axis CNC's, and they could cut rotors within 1 day. Yet they weren't happy with that, so they went through another million just to buy some Hoss machines that would allow them to cut rotors within an hour... WHY?????????? Like someone is gonna buy a blower at 9 am and expect it to be installed at 10am.

They were pressing shops to "Buy" multiple kits right before they closed. They were hitting us for over 30 grand. Im glad I didnt give in. It would have pretty much shut me down.

Originally Posted by Skunkworks
Okay didn't realize that the pockets ran so deep! I've been on projects with a burn rate like that and more, but that was a scope much larger then TECHNO.

Best of luck to TECHNO customers and hope you can help them out .

Mike

Last edited by Jeff @ TPE; 08-22-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:19 AM
knkali
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been speaking to PAUZAO via email, and he will be bringing his car out to Vegas. I will be correcting the A/C and Cooling System problems, and looking at the tune to make sure its good to go, on the house...

I'll probably go over the entire kit just to be sure everything is in check.. I'm assuming everything else is fine, but since their no longer in business, i'd prefer to give the system a clean bill of health.

No need for kudos guys.. I would hope someone would do it for me if I had a problem..
rightous dude
Old 08-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Tear that car apart and do some reverse engineering.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:43 AM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Well, they found the bottom REALLY quick.

Think of this. They had multiple 5 axis CNC's, and they could cut rotors within 1 day. Yet they weren't happy with that, so they went through another million just to buy some Hoss machines that would allow them to cut rotors within an hour... WHY?????????? Like someone is gonna buy a blower at 9 am and expect it to be installed at 10am.

They were pressing shops to "Buy" multiple kits right before they closed. They were hitting us for over 30 grand. Im glad I didnt give in. It would have pretty much shut me down.
It was actually a "Haas" CNC and it wasn't even operational when I was there. It was one large puppy and it was supposed to chew out a screw in 15-20 minutes.

San
Old 08-22-2009, 02:58 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Its so rich for my blood, I cant even spell it right..
Originally Posted by oldmansan
It was actually a "Haas" CNC and it wasn't even operational when I was there. It was one large puppy and it was supposed to chew out a screw in 15-20 minutes.

San
Old 08-22-2009, 06:46 AM
CPG1962
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by KingCobra04
they made a kit with great potential! It's unfortunate because their closing has put a lot of people in bad positions with their vehicles and their warranties!
I agree with you and look at it a different way. If they have several brand new 5 axis machines anyone that has a techno SC better stand in line if they want to recover their losses. There will be many creditors bangings on their door for $$. Alot of folks have big and good ideas on a product/business but dont want to wriggle through the hard times first. My business was started in a 400sqft closet, then added a second closet, then 2800 sq ft, 4000, 8000, and now 16000 over a 12 year period. Paid cash for every step - as a matter of fact never borrowed a penny. It was OK in the beginning and throughout because we were NEVER overextended. We are now #1 in the world in our industry and still work on the smallest staff possible and still dont owe a penny to anyone.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:12 AM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Legal ramifications??

Just curious what legal recourse the customers have with respect to warranties? Guys like Pauzo that have a system that still isnt correct paid for a warranty. The decision to shut down didn't happen overnight. If they were selling systems, and pushing them right to the end (which is pretty obvious from the postings on this site alone) is there fraud involved? Theft by deception? I'm not an attorney, just asking the questions. If they have all that equipment in house and its paid for, I would want to have my claim in before it starts leaving the building in a fire sale.

Move quick Techco customers to try to minimize the damage.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Sounds like Techno did not have a good business plan. Even if the product is top notch one has to have a business plan to launch the Co. properly. Should of spent some of that shop $$ on a MBA.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:20 AM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Is this thread over yet????
Old 08-22-2009, 11:39 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

You're getting kudos anyway! You are a stand-up guy Jeff!
Old 08-22-2009, 11:45 AM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is really, really disappointing. It looked like Techco had the best supercharger system out there; a highly efficient, well designed twin screw with a proper intake manifold, big intercoolers and packaged well enough to fit under the stock hood. I was planning to get one for my next car and had already talked to them about it... All that was left was for them to show us a proper high boost setup making some real power numbers

I really hope they come back. And if they don't, I hope they at least sell the technology so someone else can continue making those nice blowers.

On the mean time, I must say Dragon Sytems has caught my attention also. Their kit doesn't look quite as nice as Techo's, but they actually have a twin screw car putting down proper horsepower (800+ at the wheels IIRC?)..
Old 08-22-2009, 06:00 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Although I agree with you that it is disappointing that they are no longer in business, there are serious flaws.

1) Twin screws are EXTREMELY sensitive to inlet air. Their system is by far the most restrictive of any system currently on the market. I'd put my reputation on the line that virtualy every top mount on the market (to include the TVS1900) would out perform the system at high boost levels. Been there, done that hundreds of times.

2) although you dont need a hood, one must ask themselves, what would they rather have.. A car with a stock hood, yet a 4-5" permanent cut in their firewall, or a car with no permanent cuts, yet a aftermarket hood.

I hope they come out agai. I think they definately have their place, and are a top notch blower. Had they had one more year of R&D, I think they would have worked out the kinks.

I do not believe the low power numbers were on purpose. I believe they were a product of design. I will be getting a TECHO car here in the coming weeks, and provided the customer allows it, I will see about having a new blower pulley CNC'd, and see if we can make the power it should make. It should have made 545+rwhp 525+rwtq

One plug though, we do have the 08 KB C6 on the dyno right now..

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
This is really, really disappointing. It looked like Techco had the best supercharger system out there; a highly efficient, well designed twin screw with a proper intake manifold, big intercoolers and packaged well enough to fit under the stock hood. I was planning to get one for my next car and had already talked to them about it... All that was left was for them to show us a proper high boost setup making some real power numbers

I really hope they come back. And if they don't, I hope they at least sell the technology so someone else can continue making those nice blowers.

On the mean time, I must say Dragon Sytems has caught my attention also. Their kit doesn't look quite as nice as Techo's, but they actually have a twin screw car putting down proper horsepower (800+ at the wheels IIRC?)..
Old 08-22-2009, 06:04 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Although I agree with you that it is disappointing that they are no longer in business, there are serious flaws.

1) Twin screws are EXTREMELY sensitive to inlet air. Their system is by far the most restrictive of any system currently on the market. I'd put my reputation on the line that virtualy every top mount on the market (to include the TVS1900) would out perform the system at high boost levels. Been there, done that hundreds of times.

2) although you dont need a hood, one must ask themselves, what would they rather have.. A car with a stock hood, yet a 4-5" permanent cut in their firewall, or a car with no permanent cuts, yet a aftermarket hood.

I hope they come out agai. I think they definately have their place, and are a top notch blower. Had they had one more year of R&D, I think they would have worked out the kinks.

I do not believe the low power numbers were on purpose. I believe they were a product of design. I will be getting a TECHO car here in the coming weeks, and provided the customer allows it, I will see about having a new blower pulley CNC'd, and see if we can make the power it should make. It should have made 545+rwhp 525+rwtq

Very good point.

Oh, almost forgot...

Kudos!!
Old 08-22-2009, 06:21 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not doubting your expertise, but theirs was a large supercharger (2.3L) with a large intercooler, I don't see why it wouldn't make good power... Where did you see the restriction?

I thought that cut was on the top plastic trim piece where the HVAC system takes its air from only? Either way, I'd still take the firewall cut. I'd probably cut a hole on my hood and have the blower drive pulley coming out, MadMax-Style, before I ran a high rise hood... I just don't like the look; its purely a personal thing.

I hope so! Its bad enough that Pauzao, after deliberating for over a year back and forth on every possible form of power adder, picks one for its warranty and then ends up spending more money, making less power, and ending up with no warranty I say if you (not you Jeff in particular, I mean any customer) won't have a warranty on your car then at least have some horsepower to show for it!

Keep us posted. I've been following your kit for a while but it seems like most of your customers have A6 cars and are very limited by their transmission? I hope you find someone with a real transmission in their car and the willingness to turn the wick up for some exciting power numbers
Old 08-22-2009, 07:24 PM
KingCobra04
Advanced

[QUOTE=PowerLabs;1571232748]I'm not doubting your expertise, but theirs was a large supercharger (2.3L) with a large intercooler, I don't see why it wouldn't make good power... Where did you see the restriction?

I believe the TECHCO is a 3.0L supercharger. Their intercooler design appeared to be a very good design. It actually has 1 intercooler on each bank of the intake runners...so 2 total......I am no expert though.

I thought that cut was on the top plastic trim piece where the HVAC system takes its air from only? Either way, I'd still take the firewall cut. I'd probably cut a hole on my hood and have the blower drive pulley coming out, MadMax-Style, before I ran a high rise hood... I just don't like the look; its purely a personal thing.

The cut in the black plastic cowl was very minimal. At least the one on PAUZAO's car was. Hardly even noticeable unless you know what you are looking for.

Last edited by KingCobra04; 08-22-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Techco is out of business!