Vortech Vs A&A/TuboSmart Supercharger Bypass Valve (BOV) Comparison (With Video) - Page 2 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
Reload this Page >

Vortech Vs A&A/TuboSmart Supercharger Bypass Valve (BOV) Comparison (With Video)

Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech Vs A&A/TuboSmart Supercharger Bypass Valve (BOV) Comparison (With Video)

Old 06-03-2011, 02:51 AM
  #21  
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor
 
SpinMonster's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Prototype Human Augment John 3:3
Posts: 11,790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11
Default

Nearing the 18-19psi range, I just upgraded to the Tial 50 to make sure I dont get any surge.

Well the car is unbearable with it. The sound at 1800rpm is like a never ending blow-off. You guys experiencing that at 2500 is because you are spinning so much slower. At 40 in 4th gear at 2000rpms, people look at me like I have a jet engine.

The local ricers think its the bbest thing they ever heard. I'm ready to torch this thing.

I guess its time to spend another 220 bucks the the Tial Q recirculating BOV. Im so pissed off right now.
SpinMonster is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 03:20 AM
  #22  
winters97gt
CF Senior Member
 
winters97gt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere in the Mid 9's TX
Posts: 8,243
Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SpinMonster View Post
Nearing the 18-19psi range, I just upgraded to the Tial 50 to make sure I dont get any surge.

Well the car is unbearable with it. The sound at 1800rpm is like a never ending blow-off. You guys experiencing that at 2500 is because you are spinning so much slower. At 40 in 4th gear at 2000rpms, people look at me like I have a jet engine.

The local ricers think its the bbest thing they ever heard. I'm ready to torch this thing.

I guess its time to spend another 220 bucks the the Tial Q recirculating BOV. Im so pissed off right now.


Do you have any videos of it, Spin? I was going to go ahead and replace mine while I am having a forged 402 installed. I was looking at the Tial since I might upgrade to a YSI in the fall.
winters97gt is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 03:22 AM
  #23  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,595
Thanked 803 Times in 668 Posts
Default

I have used both too and my o-ring came out of the Vortech too!
I shortened my hose at the t-pipe and mounted the turbo smart
straight-up. So it is not laying in the fender. There is room ! I have the new intercooler
too! My t-trim/1500sl was step up. IMO the si trim is too small for the 7.0 liter.
Works good on the Ls-3 but the T-trim output beats it!
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 11:59 AM
  #24  
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor
 
SpinMonster's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2003
Location: Prototype Human Augment John 3:3
Posts: 11,790
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11
Default

Originally Posted by winters97gt View Post


Do you have any videos of it, Spin? I was going to go ahead and replace mine while I am having a forged 402 installed. I was looking at the Tial since I might upgrade to a YSI in the fall.
I dont think you will have much of a choice. The YSi and 800rwhp will make quite a bit of noise at idle and driving.

Was the Tial created to be a ricer noise maker? Turbo cars dont have an issue because they dont have any cfm at cruise.

I'll make a video leter.
SpinMonster is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 12:23 PM
  #25  
5 Liter Eater
CF Senior Member
 
5 Liter Eater's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 8,470
Thanked 28 Times in 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Default

Have you elected against going TT Spin? Any BOV that is going to vent enough to keep a healthy spinning Ysi from surging is going to make noise at cruise.
5 Liter Eater is offline  
Old 06-03-2011, 07:34 PM
  #26  
TRIZ
CF Senior Member
 
TRIZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2004
Location: Ocala FL
Posts: 1,089
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater View Post
Have you elected against going TT Spin? Any BOV that is going to vent enough to keep a healthy spinning Ysi from surging is going to make noise at cruise.
I have the YSi with the Mondo and it's louder than the Vortech Race. My Race blew the o-ring plus broke off the threaded rod just like PowerLabs - hence the Mondo. Thinking of adding a second Mondo just to reduce the noise.
Yes, there's a filter on it.
TRIZ is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 12:39 AM
  #27  
JeremiahsC5
CF Senior Member
 
JeremiahsC5's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2003
Location: Greensboro NC
Posts: 2,796
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Good info.
JeremiahsC5 is offline  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 PM
  #28  
zwaldo
CF Senior Member
 
zwaldo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Zahnd Indiana
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

thanks for the video! I just love when someone takes the time to make a video of exactly what I was looking for I got a A&A supercharger, with turbosmart bov waiting to be installed..and I just couldn't wait to install to hear the sound, so your video has gotten me pumped!
zwaldo is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 AM
  #29  
3 Z06ZR1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
3 Z06ZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: salem OR
Posts: 20,595
Thanked 803 Times in 668 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zwaldo View Post
thanks for the video! I just love when someone takes the time to make a video of exactly what I was looking for I got a A&A supercharger, with turbosmart bov waiting to be installed..and I just couldn't wait to install to hear the sound, so your video has gotten me pumped!
No picture but the best way to mount the turbosmart is to not lay it
down in the fender. But turn the t discharge pipe straight up.
Then cut the 1 1/4 hose down to 2 inches or so and connect the turbosmart on top of the t-pipe.
I'm really surprized Andy (A&A) hasn't noticed it fits real nice right there.
3 Z06ZR1 is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:12 PM
  #30  
Kerrdogg
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2011
Location: Boca ARton FL
Posts: 515
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Adam Sean View Post
Why do BOV's have an airfilter on them if air only comes out of them?

S Florida answer, to keep lizards out.
Kerrdogg is offline  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:43 PM
  #31  
zwaldo
CF Senior Member
 
zwaldo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2008
Location: Zahnd Indiana
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Kerrdogg View Post
S Florida answer, to keep lizards out.
I thought it was an environmental thing. to keep the dirty air from blowing out into the atmosphere.
zwaldo is offline  
Old 01-18-2015, 07:12 PM
  #32  
BowtieBilly1121
CF Senior Member
 
BowtieBilly1121's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2014
Location: Valley AL
Posts: 245
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zwaldo View Post
I thought it was an environmental thing. to keep the dirty air from blowing out into the atmosphere.
Mine is making a flapping,chirping sound I think its from BOV is this normal?It does it when it is at a steady RPM and when you let of,it will even do it n neutral if you rev engine I did not notice it till lately.

PS A&A Vortec V3.
BowtieBilly1121 is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vortech Vs A&A/TuboSmart Supercharger Bypass Valve (BOV) Comparison (With Video)


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: