C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls3 turbo cost and potential.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:34 AM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good luck
Old 11-05-2010, 02:29 PM
TurboLX
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BoosterClub
When I really thought about it though, I want to stick with a factory ecu, I have had nightmares with standalones and semi standalone units. And to do a turbo right you really can't use a factory ecu. Turbos are nice on smaller engines because you get great torque, but you guys get huge torque to begin with.
Who told you this? The factory ECU on an LS3 is really flexible and probably one of the best on the planet for use with any form of boost. Many people fail to understand how to properly calibrate the system, but that certainly doesn't make it the ECU's fault. There are commercially available software, dataloggers, and training that can all work together to make the stock controller work great with a turbo LS3. (I have this exact combo in my garage!)
Old 11-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BoosterClub
When I really thought about it though, I want to stick with a factory ecu, I have had nightmares with standalones and semi standalone units. And to do a turbo right you really can't use a factory ecu. Turbos are nice on smaller engines because you get great torque, but you guys get huge torque to begin with.
Regardless of your choice, the factory ECU has gone over 1000rwhp time and time again without issue. You won't have to do a stand alone with a vette.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:51 PM
BoosterClub
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboLX
Who told you this? The factory ECU on an LS3 is really flexible and probably one of the best on the planet for use with any form of boost. Many people fail to understand how to properly calibrate the system, but that certainly doesn't make it the ECU's fault. There are commercially available software, dataloggers, and training that can all work together to make the stock controller work great with a turbo LS3. (I have this exact combo in my garage!)
Originally Posted by Drewstein
Regardless of your choice, the factory ECU has gone over 1000rwhp time and time again without issue. You won't have to do a stand alone with a vette.
I didn't think you couldn't do it, I was saying to do it right. Like a mechanical boost controller to me isn't really a proper way to do a high horsepower turbo car. There's other functionality as well. Unless the corvette ECU is awsome and you can program it to take all sorts of other inputs and outputs then it was originally designed to take? If so then hell.

Quick Reply: Ls3 turbo cost and potential.