C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for measurements but someone may adust my thinking

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
scoobysmak
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for measurements but someone may adust my thinking

Well I admit I am not running a corvette but respect the cars performance, just can't quite justify the purchase (people to remain name less would beat me silly if I happened to bring one home). I ran a search for the information I am looking for but I came up empty so here goes nothing.

I am working on a custom project that fits more than two people so I can get away with this but need some help. I am looking for the measurements of the Eforce supercharger that fits LS2 engines. I called edelbrock and talked to technical support but needless to say they didn't have the answers I was looking for. I am looking at the part number #1595 (think this is for the LS2 engines) but if you had the entire kit you can still answer my questions.

From the valley to the top of the supercharger how high does it sit ( I was given 9" from tech support but have a hard time believing this cause even the vortec truck motors are with in an inch of this number. Maybe because the vette lowers the motor because the transmission is not directly behind it they have the extra room to play with).

My next measurement I need is how far from the front of the block does the mount for the throttle body stick out. I do not have all the extra space in front of the motor like a vette so it might rule this out totally.

Back ground for my questions if you wanted more info:

I have a LY5 truck motor that I am putting in a small SUV, I think the LY5 and LS2 have cathederal ports (total sleeper with the power I want). This will mainly be for show but needs to have the option to be driven on a daily basis if I had to.

When its done, it will have a custom frame with a T56 transmission, 4 link, ford 8.8" posi rear 3.73 gears with 10" wide rims to try and get power to the ground. The total weight I would guess might be around 2700-3200 LBS. Any power over 500 I would imagine would be almost pointless due to I will spin the tires before I go anywhere, but the stock 320HP won't be enough for the cars in todays world (sad when a stock honda off the show room has more power than a lot of the muscle cars when I was growing up).

For electronics I plan to use the FAST 2.0 XFI system, now my choices of what to do has expanded greatly. At first I was going to twin turbo this motor but I am already cramped for space and someone recommended a supercharger for the extra room I would recover and how clean the engine bay would look after I was done. I kinda agree with this but the EForce system seems to be the lowest profile unit around. From what I have found they don't even make kits for the popular F-body cars with the same motor so that is why the measurements really concern me.

I am pretty sure I could get more power from putting twin turbos on but as said before anything over about 500 HP is pointless and even with the 5.3 believe the EForce could pull this off if it would fit.

If anyone has recommendations I am open but just remember mainly show but will have some get up and go.

Last edited by scoobysmak; 05-12-2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: saw a typo in the title, uh couldn't fix it

Quick Reply: looking for measurements but someone may adust my thinking