C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone done "just nos" on an mn6 ls3?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Seadawg
Yea, I might even start out with a 50 shot, and use it to work all the bugs out, because reliability is by far the most important consideration to me. I'm surprised that there are not more nitrous systems on C6 vettes, I've done a LOT of googling to try to find them.

One of the guys on the forum has everything I probably need (and I know there are VERY reputable nitrous vendors that will help spec out a good setup), so I'll be back it touch with him (and the vendors), once I get my wife's health back under control.

Once I either go nitrous, supercharged or turbocharged, I'll keep good records of what I do, so that others can use it to build upon for them.
I'll put it this way, my wife runs a 100 shot on her 120k mile C5. You don't want to run less than her do you? :bb

Just like any FI it's all in the tune. If tuned correctly you could run a 150 shot bottle after bottle with no problems. If tuned wrong a 50 shot will mess some stuff up.

I suspect the reason there's not many C6 "kits" out there is because the average C6 owner is scared off by after market mods. Also nitrous kits are so flexible that very little is required to make a kit vehicle specific. Any of the forum vendors could set you up with everything you need though.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:11 PM
VPR LOL
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
I would love to help you, but it's "nitrous". NOS is a brand and a term people use when they don't know what they're talking about.
Unnecessary comments like this are a pretty good indication that you are ignorant to the subject as well...if you aint gonna contribute to the OPs question then its probably in your best interest to keep stupid comments like this to yourself...

Anyways,yes a 150 shot is a great idea and i have it on my h/c/i C6 and its awesome...i rarely use it but its nice knowing that if im in a bind all i gotta do is hit a button Good luck with your choice...
Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 PM
VPR LOL
Intermediate

Ok then I'll have to ask what your goals are? If you want it to only work from 3rd and up that tells me you're doing 70 rolls. 3rd gear and up won't help you shave much off the 1/4 compared to having it in 1st & 2nd.

There are progressive controllers out there so the shot starts off at say a 75 shot and then increases to 150 over time. I would honestly just run a 150 shot and decide if a controller is necessary after a few runs as 150 isn't that big of a hit.

You'll be needing a window switch to keep it spraying in the 3k - 6800rpm range. The kit will also be setup to run of WOT signal so it won't spray unless you have your foot on the floor.

You'll also need a bottle heater or for a really nice setup a nano kit. Your bottle becomes almost ineffectual when pressure is below 600psi and those options will keep the pressure up for you.

I also recommend a colder spark plug when running nitrous. Something like a NGK TR6. I heard some guys having problems with that plug in a C6 so you may have to go with the Autolight equivalent in heat range. Stay away from Platinum plugs.

Let me know what else you would like to know.
My bad Drewstein,i didnt realize that you did help the OP..
Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by VPR LOL
My bad Drewstein,i didnt realize that you did help the OP..
You are still right about me trying to keep my pet peeves to myself.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 PM
VPR LOL
Intermediate

You are still right about me trying to keep my pet peeves to myself.
Lol its all good man..i have pet peeves too..im sorry man

Quick Reply: Has anyone done "just nos" on an mn6 ls3?