C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YSi or TTix .. Street Car??

Old 06-05-2011, 04:10 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you man

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
My experience is totally opposite of yours. All things essentially equal and same HP actually Turbos hit so hard it's not even a comparison due to torque they produce down low. Not to mention the benefits of no loss in power at higher altitude, total sleeper and zero belt issues.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Slwsvt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience is totally opposite of yours. All things essentially equal and same HP actually Turbos hit so hard it's not even a comparison due to torque they produce down low. Not to mention the benefits of no loss in power at higher altitude, total sleeper and zero belt issues.
All the turbo cars I have ran think otherwise, including the 875rwhp 88mm ls1 turbo who called me out. I jump out so hard on the turbo cars, they have a tough time recovering. Now if your saying by the time the turbo car is loaded and boosted up, well then sure they hit hard. That is a damn solid torque hit. By that time I am usually gone. No belt slip here with. Flip drive and 8 rib setup takes care of that.

Last edited by Slwsvt; 06-05-2011 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Slwsvt
Pro

Originally Posted by QTR-Z06
I think for the blower you have that's the max gain would reach with that set up for an LS7( I could be wrong )
Yeah, your wrong. I actually made yesterday 892rwhp/784tq with a smaller pulley and pump/alky setup. I did not want to share, because the final tune was not complete due to a FAST intake leak at the throttle body. She will break 900rwhp on the pump/alky tune. Do a search for YSI. You will see quite a few breaking 1k hp.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Once I'm done with the build its going to be shipped overseas where the weather is going to be a blazing 110 F in the summer and a nice cool weather in winters .. plus humidity in the air
That describes Az to a T lol. It was 108 today for example. The turbos actually do better in the heat because they will still spool to the desired psi. The centri spools based on air density so in the winter I would see 10#s and the summer I would see 8#s. That was a noticeable loss in power.

Originally Posted by Slwsvt
All the turbo cars I have ran think otherwise, including the 875rwhp 88mm ls1 turbo who called me out. I jump out so hard on the turbo cars, they have a tough time recovering. Now if your saying by the time the turbo car is loaded and boosted up, well then sure they hit hard. That is a damn solid torque hit. By that time I am usually gone. No belt slip here with. Flip drive and 8 rib setup takes care of that.
Then you were racing amateurs. One simple application of the breaks while pressing the gas is all that's needed to be spooled during the customary 3 honks.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:23 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

I was talking about the TVS2300 I know that a proper set up with YSi could top 900 rwhp easy with a forged build , but TvS2300 I'm not sure about .. Again the set up Khaleefa had was 8 psi on a stock 427
And he made 509 on stock motor .. With a forged build sure he can pull good numbers
Old 06-05-2011, 07:26 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by Drewstein
That describes Az to a T lol. It was 108 today for example. The turbos actually do better in the heat because they will still spool to the desired psi. The centri spools based on air density so in the winter I would see 10#s and the summer I would see 8#s. That was a noticeable loss in power.

Then you were racing amateurs. One simple application of the breaks while pressing the gas is all that's needed to be spooled during the customary 3 honks.
thank you .. Turbos are under research
Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I am not sure who you raced and what setup they had. There are a lot of variables. A lot of people unfortunately have the mentality of trying to stuff the biggest "snail" that they could find within their budget (no matter with what A/R housing it has or engine application it's suited for) as long as it "fits". Obviously things don't work that way in 3 honks and dig applications. A well thought out (equal power) TT application will smoke a centrifugal car in a roll race every time. Especially with an Auto transmission.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:35 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Whenever your ready we can put them head to head.

How ya been?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:42 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Whenever your ready we can put them head to head.

How ya been?
Equal power my friend Doing good. Coming your way first week of July You got the house secured? I will bring the hoes
Old 06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Equal power my friend Doing good. Coming your way first week of July You got the house secured? I will bring the hoes
Make sure there skanky.... I like em dirty!

Where are you going to be?
Old 06-05-2011, 07:52 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Where are you going to be?
Dells
Old 06-05-2011, 08:32 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

Old 06-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Like i said. For a street car making 900+ turbo is the way to go. Either way i cant wait to build your car. We need to get the order for the turbo in ASAP if were goin to do that.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
Like i said. For a street car making 900+ turbo is the way to go. Either way i cant wait to build your car. We need to get the order for the turbo in ASAP if were goin to do that.
Definitely soon
Old 06-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Corvette_c6_AD
Advanced

I was talking about the TVS2300 I know that a proper set up with YSi could top 900 rwhp easy with a forged build , but TvS2300 I'm not sure about .. Again the set up Khaleefa had was 8 psi on a stock 427
And he made 509 on stock motor .. With a forged build sure he can pull good numbers
Just to correct you. That was done with 2010 Corvette C6 Grand Sport with stock engine 6.2L LS3.

Khaleefa.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:01 AM
QTR-Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette_c6_AD
Just to correct you. That was done with 2010 Corvette C6 Grand Sport with stock engine 6.2L LS3.

Khaleefa.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 AM
Slwsvt
Pro

I am not sure who you raced and what setup they had. There are a lot of variables. A lot of people unfortunately have the mentality of trying to stuff the biggest "snail" that they could find within their budget (no matter with what A/R housing it has or engine application it's suited for) as long as it "fits". Obviously things don't work that way in 3 honks and dig applications. A well thought out (equal power) TT application will smoke a centrifugal car in a roll race every time. Especially with an Auto transmission.
I understand turbo's will make more power pound for pound against any other forced induction setup. However, in my experience a blower car making the same power vs a turbo car is not going to get smoked in a roll race. Of course a properly set up auto/stalled turbo car is definately going to run strong. Hence, a properly setup centrifugal blower car with the proper gearing is going to rip to. Now, if you said a turbo car making 15#s vs the same set up car with 15#s from a blower, I could understand where the turbo car will smoke it from a roll. I have experience turbo cars vs blower cars, where the turbo cars make the huge numbers and trap higher, but actually run slower. But of course on the street, things are definately not equal.

Get notified of new replies

To YSi or TTix .. Street Car??

Old 06-06-2011, 07:28 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 391 Posts

I understand turbo's will make more power pound for pound against any other forced induction setup. However, in my experience a blower car making the same power vs a turbo car is not going to get smoked in a roll race. Of course a properly set up auto/stalled turbo car is definately going to run strong. Hence, a properly setup centrifugal blower car with the proper gearing is going to rip to. Now, if you said a turbo car making 15#s vs the same set up car with 15#s from a blower, I could understand where the turbo car will smoke it from a roll. I have experience turbo cars vs blower cars, where the turbo cars make the huge numbers and trap higher, but actually run slower. But of course on the street, things are definately not equal.
Both A&A and ECS have done 402+ CI builds using their respective kits and they both make awesome torque down low, although not quite on a par with the big cube, properly set up TT kits.

I have never ridden in a full effort(900+) or even moderate effort(600+) centri car, but based on what I've seen in dyno charts, it was always my belief that the TT cars would be better from a roll.

More torque is more torque.

Any thoughts on why your car has been so effective against the turbo setups?
Can it be a result of gearing differences that take advantage of the centri power delivery?
Just asking.

Each setup has proven to be very quick and fast, that can not be denied.
I think I may have to take a trip to ECS for a ride in one of their higher level cars before I choose a direction for another build.
I have always preferred TT setups, but I would certainly consider other options if they are that effective.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 AM
MGJ07C6
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

TT all the way. I have a TTIX kit on my forged, all pro heads, blower cam car and I love it. It drives nearly stock around town and the boost spools up really fast. If you have the turbo upgrade from precision they will spool even quicker. I was at a car show and about 50 yards away was a Z06 with a blower on it and it made so much noise at idol that I personally wouldn't be able to stand that noise. The turbos/wastegates make noise but not nearly as much as that blower did. I prefer the stealth look of the TT set up. Most people who look under my hood don't really know whats lurking below.

My car is going in for the precision upgrade and 3" down pipes and should make over 1000rwhp. That makes for a serious street car!

Either way you'll have the time of your life with which ever set up you decide.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
QTR-Z06
Racer

Originally Posted by vrybad
Both A&A and ECS have done 402+ CI builds using their respective kits and they both make awesome torque down low, although not quite on a par with the big cube, properly set up TT kits.

I have never ridden in a full effort(900+) or even moderate effort(600+) centri car, but based on what I've seen in dyno charts, it was always my belief that the TT cars would be better from a roll.

More torque is more torque.

Any thoughts on why your car has been so effective against the turbo setups?
Can it be a result of gearing differences that take advantage of the centri power delivery?
Just asking.

Each setup has proven to be very quick and fast, that can not be denied.
I think I may have to take a trip to ECS for a ride in one of their higher level cars before I choose a direction for another build.
I have always preferred TT setups, but I would certainly consider other options if they are that effective.

Originally Posted by MGJ07C6
TT all the way. I have a TTIX kit on my forged, all pro heads, blower cam car and I love it. It drives nearly stock around town and the boost spools up really fast. If you have the turbo upgrade from precision they will spool even quicker. I was at a car show and about 50 yards away was a Z06 with a blower on it and it made so much noise at idol that I personally wouldn't be able to stand that noise. The turbos/wastegates make noise but not nearly as much as that blower did. I prefer the stealth look of the TT set up. Most people who look under my hood don't really know whats lurking below.

My car is going in for the precision upgrade and 3" down pipes and should make over 1000rwhp. That makes for a serious street car!

Either way you'll have the time of your life with which ever set up you decide.

thanks man .. but what size turbos you have?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: YSi or TTix .. Street Car??