C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whipple Camaro vs my car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:30 AM
topend182
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unreal
My friend has a whipple camaro making 560rwhp. My z06 makes 550rwhp. From a 20-80 punch I had 4-5 cars on him. Not even close. Now if the power to weight is the same, I say it is a drivers race.
Considering the way T.S. cobras get pulled by modded Z06's, I'm actually quite surprised the camaro hung in that close. (although it was only 20-80).
Old 06-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Slwsvt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't fear PD/Twin Screw blowers. They can make a 1000ftlbs at 2000rpm, it does not matter. The race is going to be between 4500rpm and redline. That is exactly where the centrifugal's shine. Granted a twin screw blipping the throttle with all that low end feels damn strong, but over rated in a drag race IMO.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:12 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Rich_562
Stock tires don't spin off the line with a Centri, the car acts like stock below 3200. That is one of the benefits driving it around town. No body knows its there. Bo traction issue thus far. It wont burn out from a stop without using the break.

In my honest opinion, for me, I should have went pd. I drive under 100 almost all the time.
I didn't come to this conclusion until just now.
Both autos. I must say after driving it tonight with 93 octane instead of 91 and much lower temps outside, its running strong.
It was overly obvious your car wasn't on 93 when I tuned it. It still felt pretty good but I set it up to make use of 93 so when you finally did fill it up, it'd perform.

Car had no problem blasting 1st gear loose when we "tested" it. Make sure traction control is off. It won't do a rolling burnout without the brake because you still have a stock stall and don't have 1000whp. Get a stall, and that thing will annihilate tires with ease. For now, the stock stall is what is making your car quick from a dead stop.

PD blowers are cool, and they are GREAT for Camaros... but I'd never put one on a light *** Corvette.

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
Nope. Turbos.

Seriously, what other mods do you have on your car besides the A&A kit? You need stall, gears and retune. You are lucky to have an amazing tuner in your corner. I have owned Centri cars and pushed them to the max. Plan your mods wisely
Pfft, nobody round these parts knows anything.

Rich, for a fee, I can ensure you win.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Rich_562
Former user ID rcthmpsn
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by DSteck
It was overly obvious your car wasn't on 93 when I tuned it. It still felt pretty good but I set it up to make use of 93 so when you finally did fill it up, it'd perform.

Car had no problem blasting 1st gear loose when we "tested" it. Make sure traction control is off. It won't do a rolling burnout without the brake because you still have a stock stall and don't have 1000whp. Get a stall, and that thing will annihilate tires with ease. For now, the stock stall is what is making your car quick from a dead stop.

PD blowers are cool, and they are GREAT for Camaros... but I'd never put one on a light *** Corvette.

Pfft, nobody round these parts knows anything.

Rich, for a fee, I can ensure you win.
I'm somewhat slow, but you keep hitting me over the head long enough and I'll catch on.

The car was real fast when Chad gave me a test ride. I drove it real fast. Then it sat and felt slow. This could get embarrassing for a normal person from here.

No, I don't always turn off the tc. And no, I don't even think I'm always in first gear. I went and practiced tonight after reading my manual. The car only shifts down to 2nd on It's own when in "S" mode (supercharger mode). Not saying I do that, but someone could. When in "D" (dummy mode) you're hardly in first except at a dead stop.

So, I was taking it all for granted, being a auto and all. I lit them up going into 2nd gear pretty good tonight. That is normally 3rd gear for me. I'm a dummy.

My bro in law might be in trouble.

For those that can't read my cryptic writing, I was only down shifting to 2nd gear when paddle shifting.

Last edited by Rich_562; 06-16-2011 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Rich_562
Former user ID rcthmpsn
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Slwsvt
Don't fear PD/Twin Screw blowers. They can make a 1000ftlbs at 2000rpm, it does not matter. The race is going to be between 4500rpm and redline. That is exactly where the centrifugal's shine. Granted a twin screw blipping the throttle with all that low end feels damn strong, but over rated in a drag race IMO.
You talk what I can understand. I hope I can buy you a beer someday.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:28 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Stock tires don't spin off the line with a Centri, the car acts like stock below 3200. That is one of the benefits driving it around town. No body knows its there. Bo traction issue thus far. It wont burn out from a stop without using the break.

In my honest opinion, for me, I should have went pd. I drive under 100 almost all the time.
I didn't come to this conclusion until just now.
Stock tires spin off the line. My A&A kit has more rwtq at 2200-2500 than the car did stock at any RPM. You must have a hole somewhere.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:34 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
Stock tires spin off the line. My A&A kit has more rwtq at 2200-2500 than the car did stock at any RPM. You must have a hole somewhere.
Well he was starting out in 2nd gear every time he floored it from the stop
Old 06-18-2011, 12:50 AM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Leave it in drive, come to a dead stop, turn off traction control, and slam the business pedal to the floor.

If the A6 is set to downshift to first when you hammer it from a roll, it will be pretty uncontrollable.

Quick Reply: Whipple Camaro vs my car?