C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

305/35-19's finally are out!

Old 01-17-2019, 10:04 AM
sobe88
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 Monterey
Hello.

Were these put on a base C6? Were they the NT05Rs? With the stock tire being 285/35/19 you didn't have any issues with the 305/35/19? The diameter is still greater than stock.

Thanks.
I can attest to the NT05R on the stock setup for a 2006 C6. Glorious traction that doesn't have the same issues the R888R's did in the wet. A small puddle will make your R888's slick as can be, but aside from that, once they are warmed up the R888's can take a corner like nobodies business. I currently have 305/35 NT05R's in the rear and 275 Invos in the front with 650 whp/ 620 tq. Now, I will admit I have yet to take this to a road course quite yet on the NT05R's, so my reference currently is straight line highway pulls and dragstrip. I've been impressed with their wet driving ability too, that haven't thrown the rear around like the R888's did with a little water.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:25 AM
C6 Monterey
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sobe88
I can attest to the NT05R on the stock setup for a 2006 C6. Glorious traction that doesn't have the same issues the R888R's did in the wet. A small puddle will make your R888's slick as can be, but aside from that, once they are warmed up the R888's can take a corner like nobodies business. I currently have 305/35 NT05R's in the rear and 275 Invos in the front with 650 whp/ 620 tq. Now, I will admit I have yet to take this to a road course quite yet on the NT05R's, so my reference currently is straight line highway pulls and dragstrip. I've been impressed with their wet driving ability too, that haven't thrown the rear around like the R888's did with a little water.
Thanks. You hit the nail on the head for me. I am concerned about highway pulls really. ****....even light to light. If I do get caught in the rain I don't want to feel like I'm gonna lose it! The thing that really turned me off on the MT S/S Drag Radial was the instability at faster speeds.

Any issues with the Traction Control and such? Or are you saying that the front tires are in fact larger as well to make all good?

I really didn't want to have to get new front tires. Maybe that is a pipedream and I will have to?

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:30 AM
sobe88
Instructor

Originally Posted by C6 Monterey
Thanks. You hit the nail on the head for me. I am concerned about highway pulls really. ****....even light to light. If I do get caught in the rain I don't want to feel like I'm gonna lose it! The thing that really turned me off on the MT S/S Drag Radial was the instability at faster speeds.

Any issues with the Traction Control and such? Or are you saying that the front tires are in fact larger as well to make all good?

I really didn't want to have to get new front tires. Maybe that is a pipedream and I will have to?

Thanks.
No issues with traction control at all. As far as the fronts, Brent from XP Racing here in Oklahoma City is the one that did all the engine work and everything to my car moving from a stock LS2 setup with exhaust to a forged 402 stroker, TSP cam, stock heads, Wiseco pistons, etc with an A&A V3-Si 8rib supercharger kit. He recommended the larger fronts because of the not so great roads within Oklahoma City since I wanted to daily it, he thinks I would be happier overall with the larger tires up front.

Also, don't get me wrong, the R888R are a fantastic tire and I loved them, and they DID work in the wet/rain, they were just more prone to slipping in comparison to the NT05R in my own personal driving experience. But I tried the NT05R and well, I just don't really have anything bad to say about them, the price point is 10x better than the R888R that's for sure.

Last edited by sobe88; 01-17-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:12 AM
C6 Monterey
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sobe88
No issues with traction control at all. As far as the fronts, Brent from XP Racing here in Oklahoma City is the one that did all the engine work and everything to my car moving from a stock LS2 setup with exhaust to a forged 402 stroker, TSP cam, stock heads, Wiseco pistons, etc with an A&A V3-Si 8rib supercharger kit. He recommended the larger fronts because of the not so great roads within Oklahoma City since I wanted to daily it, he thinks I would be happier overall with the larger tires up front.

Also, don't get me wrong, the R888R are a fantastic tire and I loved them, and they DID work in the wet/rain, they were just more prone to slipping in comparison to the NT05R in my own personal driving experience. But I tried the NT05R and well, I just don't really have anything bad to say about them, the price point is 10x better than the R888R that's for sure.
Cool....I AM on a budget too, so value is important. I have only added a Z06 exhaust system (Dual Mode - complete manifolds back) and some cosmetic stuff.

I am confused though....you make it sound like you are not running the NT05Rs now though?
Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 PM
sobe88
Instructor

I am still running the NT05R in the rear and Nitto Invos in front.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 305/35-19's finally are out!