C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI- harris speed works NEVER again

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
VETTEPLAY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI- harris speed works NEVER again

Quick intro guys since this is my first post. I have actually been perusing CF for years and recently decided to join. Corvette owner since I was 21 and currenly have 2 c6s sitting in the garage. This post is strictly FYI and was prompted by my days old experience with Harris Speed Works. I decided to go nitrous on my cammed c6 and this being my first experience with N20 I read the posts on here extensively as well as read what I could online. I decided to go with HSW plate system and placed my order with them via their website on August 20. On the 21st I received a short, clipped, email from them saying that the system I ordered was "out of stock." The very next line of the same email was that the system was in fact in stock minus the 10# bottle that was part of the system. The email then advised me that I could change my order or cancel it. I found it a bit strange that a nitrous outlet was completely "out" of their entire inventory of 10# bottles so I went back to their website and saw nothing at all indicating their plate system or 10# bottles was out of stock. Okay Im thinking Ill just find out what the price difference was upgrading to a 15#. Off went my email to HSW and some time later they responded that they were in fact "out" of all their 10# bottles. And right behind that was the same clipped statement that I could change my order or cancel it. Not one word was said about my request to upgrade to a 15# bottle. Seeing that "customer service" from HSW was a joke I placed a call to their office to see if I could talk to someone about my upgrade request or to see what they recommended would be an alternative to my setup. I left messages with customer service as well as sales. I left these messages the minute their office opened that morning since as a business owner I dont have time to play email tag. I received no return call the entire day and saw clearly that HSW wasnt concerned about that wee little part about customer service and help. Since HSW would only respond to emails, even if it was to tell me to change or cancel, I fired off another email asking if this was their idea of "customer service." Their response, of course by email, was to tell me that my order had been declined, lol. I sat there amazed that rather than call me they prefered to ignore my upgrade request altogether and just decline my business altogether. I guess calling a customer was an inconvenience that was better dealt with by cancelling the whole order, lol. Im now thankful I didnt purchase from then since had I had a problem/question I would never have gotten ahold of them. Just their trusty leave a message recording. I will say that this post is strictly the facts of what I have been through with HSW the past week. I hadnt read anything negative on the forums about them or I would never have "tried" to place an order. So for what its worth to others like me on here thinking about going nitrous you sure better find a vendor that doesnt mind helping you, returning your calls, responding to upgrade requests, etc....in short....customer service. For me HSW will never get my business again.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 AM
kjlindgr
Intermediate

When I'm spending money, communication is KEY! It's unfortunate that some people don't feel the same way or give you that courtesy. I can guarantee if they were ordering something and they got the shoddy responses they give their customers, they wouldn't be happy either.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Actually, from your post, it looks like they didn't get your business the first time.

Elmer
Old 08-25-2011, 12:13 PM
corvette8189
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Give my buddy Clay a call at NX, tell him billy sent you and he will hook u up
Old 08-25-2011, 02:16 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

First post in this forum is a long wided, badly wriiten whine about some company. I didn't get past two sentences and
Old 08-25-2011, 03:58 PM
njgreg
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYC6
First post in this forum is a long wided, badly wriiten whine about some company. I didn't get past two sentences and
I would start previewing my post for mistakes before I went bashing another member's thread about being badly written. Should have kept reading after two sentences, may have learned a thing or two about spelling and grammar.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:25 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

At least mine was only two sentences and not a long 'winded' diatribe. Im also not a first time poster only posting to complain and bad mouth a business. First post, trash a company, never hear from again. Seen it many times before.

Last edited by NYC6; 08-25-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:55 PM
njgreg
Racer

At least mine was only two sentences and not a long 'winded' diatribe. Im also not a first time poster only posting to complain and bad mouth a business. First post, trash a company, never hear from again. Seen it many times before.
It is nice to hear bad experiences as well. Not all vendors are as amazing as their forum credibility makes them seem.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 PM
VETTEPLAY
Instructor

Actually nyc6 Im not going to post once and run. Im here. As I said in my post, had you been able to read past two sentences, that I had never heard anything on here bad about HSW. I was a new customer and I gave them a shot at my business. Im not mad at them just realized that they are not customer oriented and that I certainly couldn't expect any help after the sale if this was how things were going just trying to place an order. Why YOU took my post personal is anyone's guess. My post wasn't to bad mouth them at all. It was to inform other members who value their hard earned money as much as I do what MY experience was with this particular vendor.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:59 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

I would guess most of us here have never heard of them. Lesson learned....move on.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VETTEPLAY
Actually nyc6 Im not going to post once and run. Im here. As I said in my post, had you been able to read past two sentences, that I had never heard anything on here bad about HSW. I was a new customer and I gave them a shot at my business. Im not mad at them just realized that they are not customer oriented and that I certainly couldn't expect any help after the sale if this was how things were going just trying to place an order. Why YOU took my post personal is anyone's guess. My post wasn't to bad mouth them at all. It was to inform other members who value their hard earned money as much as I do what MY experience was with this particular vendor.
I didnt take it personal. Im just not in the habit of believing someone I dont even know(forum wise that is) A long scathing complaint from a first time member is met with skepticism on my part. If you were a respected member who after a period of time vented thats one thing. A first time poster, has a specific agenda and went out of his way to make his point. Often its done on several sites and more often than not, its baseless and at the very least, one sided.

Whether it is or not baseless I'll never know because they likely wont respond and I dont know a thing about you. Others may jump on your bandwagon and soak in what you say but not me.

I also never heard anything bad about them I my time here, not a problem at all. I dont have a dog in this fight and dont know what the truth is. Call me cynical of first time posters with an attacking first post.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Tone
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are likely first time posters who gave praise too, so for me I'd rather hear from everyone about their experiences before spending $ - that's how ECS got me as a customer anyway.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:05 PM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

That sucks, I always had great dealings with them when I purchased a kit and a few other things over the years.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:43 PM
Nitro Dave
Racer

Im sorry to hear about your experience. There are similiar post on LS1 tech as well. Customer service after the sale is very important when installing and tuning nitrous. Just be glad you were able to walk away before they got your money.

I noticed in your post you mentioned my company. Nitrous Outlet. If I understood you correctly you said we were out of 10lb bottles? Which is possible. We had a short period were our bottle supplier could not meet delivery dates and they kept pushing back our stocking order.

We are sitting good on 10lb and 15lb bottles now and there are alot of vendors on this site that stock and offer our product line. Give your favorite supplier a call and pick up a Nitrous Outlet system. You will be glad you did.

Dave
Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 AM
VETTEPLAY
Instructor

No Dave I was refering to HSW being a nitrous supplier. Sorry for the confusion. I'll have to give one of you guys a call and see if you can set me up. I'm ready to get the show on the road here, lol.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Nitro Dave
Racer

No Dave I was refering to HSW being a nitrous supplier. Sorry for the confusion. I'll have to give one of you guys a call and see if you can set me up. I'm ready to get the show on the road here, lol.
LOL,
Ok that makes since. Let us know any technical help you need. There are alot of vendors on this site that carry our products and we provide tech all day long so your in good hands.
Dave
Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I didnt take it personal. Im just not in the habit of believing someone I dont even know(forum wise that is) A long scathing complaint from a first time member is met with skepticism on my part. If you were a respected member who after a period of time vented thats one thing. A first time poster, has a specific agenda and went out of his way to make his point. Often its done on several sites and more often than not, its baseless and at the very least, one sided.

Whether it is or not baseless I'll never know because they likely wont respond and I dont know a thing about you. Others may jump on your bandwagon and soak in what you say but not me.

I also never heard anything bad about them I my time here, not a problem at all. I dont have a dog in this fight and dont know what the truth is. Call me cynical of first time posters with an attacking first post.
I appreciate anyone posting up their experience. I honestly appreciate honest negative posts equally or more than the praising ones. One reason is because I've made friends with many forum members that are reluctant to post up anything negative about a supporting vendor that they've had a negative experience. Why? Usually when I ask it's the same general response. If you have a vendors product and you've had a horrible time with their customer service, chances are it'll get worse after your complaint is logged. If this happens to be a vendor with exclusive parts, you might as well have pounded your nuts flat with a wooden mallet. Have you ever noticed that the negative posts about supporting vendors get locked and therefore go off into the night quietly, yet the gleaming posts stay open forever?
On to HSW. I recently attempted to contact HSW about a kit. My kit wasn't going to be basic and I needed some support on the purchase. On blower, I make good power and adding nitrous complicates things somewhat. I couldn't get an answer on the phone and called a few times and left a message twice. I too sent an email and got the most generic response. I asked a few questions and they half way answered one. I asked myself "If this is the way I get treated when they have a prospect of getting money, how am I going to get treated after they get it?" Soon afterwards, I hit up Nitrous Outlet. You can't ask for better people than those guys. Dave has a little project going for me as we speak.

It won't take much to gather your own opinion. Fire off a few emails and phone calls. No response from the vendor will be necessary after that I'm sure.

Get notified of new replies

To FYI- harris speed works NEVER again

Old 08-29-2011, 02:14 AM
NY06Z06
Instructor

http://www.induction-solutions.com/

check em out!!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:28 PM
njgreg
Racer

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I appreciate anyone posting up their experience. I honestly appreciate honest negative posts equally or more than the praising ones. One reason is because I've made friends with many forum members that are reluctant to post up anything negative about a supporting vendor that they've had a negative experience. Why? Usually when I ask it's the same general response. If you have a vendors product and you've had a horrible time with their customer service, chances are it'll get worse after your complaint is logged. If this happens to be a vendor with exclusive parts, you might as well have pounded your nuts flat with a wooden mallet. Have you ever noticed that the negative posts about supporting vendors get locked and therefore go off into the night quietly, yet the gleaming posts stay open forever?
On to HSW. I recently attempted to contact HSW about a kit. My kit wasn't going to be basic and I needed some support on the purchase. On blower, I make good power and adding nitrous complicates things somewhat. I couldn't get an answer on the phone and called a few times and left a message twice. I too sent an email and got the most generic response. I asked a few questions and they half way answered one. I asked myself "If this is the way I get treated when they have a prospect of getting money, how am I going to get treated after they get it?" Soon afterwards, I hit up Nitrous Outlet. You can't ask for better people than those guys. Dave has a little project going for me as we speak.

It won't take much to gather your own opinion. Fire off a few emails and phone calls. No response from the vendor will be necessary after that I'm sure.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

I found it helpful as I was just looking at a HWS 90mm plate kit. I've been spoiled with superior customer service over the years so I have little patience for bad customer service......

Quick Reply: FYI- harris speed works NEVER again