C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 tune in the cold temps?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:07 PM
nickli
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 tune in the cold temps?

Is it a good idea to have your car tuned in the warm weather when you will be using the car or can you tune it in the cold weather and car will make adjustments for warm weather?
thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 11:15 PM
APSGTO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickli
Is it a good idea to have your car tuned in the warm weather when you will be using the car or can you tune it in the cold weather and car will make adjustments for warm weather?
thanks
If the fuel injectors were at no more than 80% duty cycle when tuned in warmer temps you should be fine in cold weather. The only way to know for sure with your particular set up is to observe your injector duty cycle on a really cold day.

I had my last car tuned at 64 deg F and the injectors were at 98% DTC. My tuner said not to do any long highway pulls if the temps drop much below 60. Cooler weather = denser air = more fuel demand = maxed out injectors.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 PM
APSGTO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car will make adjustments to keep your a/f ratio were your tuner commanded it to be. Your tuner should explain this to you and if not find a new tuner. BUT, IF the fuel system is maxed out, then the car may not be able to. A good tuner will highlight these things for you if your fuel system is in fact inadequate.

Get notified of new replies

To F1 tune in the cold temps?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F1 tune in the cold temps?