08 Transmission and Rear End Strength - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion



C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous
C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Transmission and Rear End Strength

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
prr1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 08 Transmission and Rear End Strength

I have an 08 Vette. I currently dyno at 465rwhp. I'm wanting to add a clutch, drag radials and 100-150 shot. My question is how stout is the transmission, rear end and axles. Will it handle 100-150 hit on drag radials?

Thank you in advance for your help.
prr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Premium Supporting Vendor
 
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2010
Location: Anderson Indiana
Posts: 664
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Hi,

The transmission in your 08 C6 is a TR6060. They are very stout transmissions. The can use some love in the shift quality department though. As far as failing from being overpowered, you are well within the limits of the transmission.

Your differential on the other hand could be broken at this power level. Depending on how hard you launch the car and how soon you bring the nitrous in you could break a stub axle. To make your rear differential as bullet proof as possible I would recommend upgrading to a set of 300M stub axles at the very least. Our Stage 3 C6 base differential would be a great addition to your car.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
prr1
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 212
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi,

The transmission in your 08 C6 is a TR6060. They are very stout transmissions. The can use some love in the shift quality department though. As far as failing from being overpowered, you are well within the limits of the transmission.

Your differential on the other hand could be broken at this power level. Depending on how hard you launch the car and how soon you bring the nitrous in you could break a stub axle. To make your rear differential as bullet proof as possible I would recommend upgrading to a set of 300M stub axles at the very least. Our Stage 3 C6 base differential would be a great addition to your car.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

Thank you! Pm sent.
prr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
walhan_qtr
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
walhan_qtr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 3,932
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi,

The transmission in your 08 C6 is a TR6060. They are very stout transmissions. The can use some love in the shift quality department though. As far as failing from being overpowered, you are well within the limits of the transmission.

Your differential on the other hand could be broken at this power level. Depending on how hard you launch the car and how soon you bring the nitrous in you could break a stub axle. To make your rear differential as bullet proof as possible I would recommend upgrading to a set of 300M stub axles at the very least. Our Stage 3 C6 base differential would be a great addition to your car.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

I sent you a PM about 3 weeks ago. and also sent TJ 2 PMs and probably 4 emails. would anyone of you guys please get back to me. looking to do this ASAP.
walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
Premium Supporting Vendor
 
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2010
Location: Anderson Indiana
Posts: 664
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
I sent you a PM about 3 weeks ago. and also sent TJ 2 PMs and probably 4 emails. would anyone of you guys please get back to me. looking to do this ASAP.
Very sorry no one has gotten back with you Ahmed. I will shoot you a PM right now.
Jeremy@RPMTransmissions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
walhan_qtr
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
walhan_qtr's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 3,932
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Very sorry no one has gotten back with you Ahmed. I will shoot you a PM right now.
sent you another one... please let me know.........
walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 08 Transmission and Rear End Strength
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Bottom End HP Limits Don4220 C6 Tech/Performance 12 03-31-2017 07:05 PM
    Nitrous Install Don4220 C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous 0 02-21-2017 10:36 AM
    [ASKED] Manual Transmission Gearing Nosferatu Ask Tadge 0 02-09-2017 10:36 AM
    50/50 balance skywalker C6 Z06 Discussion 8 09-02-2015 01:50 PM
    To tune or not to tune, that is the question... togan C5 Scan & Tune 5 01-30-2009 05:51 PM


    Tags
    axle, c6, corvette, differential, durability, end, ends, engines, rear, strength, trans, transaxle, transmission, transmissions, z06

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 AM.


     
    • Ask a Question
      Get answers from community experts
    What's your question?
    Send