C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use drive shaft shop carbon shaft

Old 01-18-2015, 02:47 PM
lsxvette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Default reeeeeee

Originally Posted by inspector12
Ok. A little update. So I was about to reinstall the TT and tran/rearend cradle etc... But decided to double check everything one more time! Well turns out the DS would not turn freely! I was like WTF!!! lol! Took it all back apart to find out the clutch end of the TT has some cast ribs on the inside of the TT housing. The three bolts with lock washers that DSS provided for the attachment of the Prop shaft to the DS were Allen head bolt to clear the bearing, but were too tall to clear the ribs on the inside of the TT. With no way to clearance the inside of the TT. I ground about .030" off the edges of the bolts as the cast pieces are at an angle. Probably could have removed the lock washers. But I was worried about the bolts bottoming out as I measured and it was close too close for me to feel confortable. Its a blind hole so the bolt might bottom out before its completely tight etc... Any ways it went back together and got it all installed back in the car now! started cleaning up for engine asyembly. Hoping to get two of the motors I have put together tomorrow. I'll keep you updated.
i had the same issue
Old 01-30-2015, 07:40 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just to help this thread along, what is your opinion of the driveshaft?

Originally Posted by lsxvette
i had the same issue
Old 01-31-2015, 12:08 PM
lsxvette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Default re.................

Originally Posted by slow ride
Just to help this thread along, what is your opinion of the driveshaft?
long story short ,,i informed dss about the vibrating issue and that i was not driving the car cause of it ,,,they told me they where trying a new balancing machine and lmk what they came up with ,that never happened, weeks later i called and they said a peice broke on the balance mahine and they would lmk when it was fixed ,weeeks later that never happened .so i went on line to see if anyone else got theirs resolved and i was sent a private message from them saying '' I COULD HELP YOU BUT THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO GET HELP '' i felt threatend ..took it out had a local guy make me an alluminum one and used the dss unit to hold my garage door open ....
Old 01-31-2015, 01:26 PM
slow ride
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

WTF? So someone at DSS sent you a PM like that? I'd love to see someone try that with me, my keyboard muscles would be flexing hard haha. Anyway that sucks to hear that you didn't like it, was it really bad for you or just minor? Did you have to machine the center piece to fit well and take care in how you assembled the unit? I just wonder if the CF resin drys over time and make the relationship with the flange surface not quite perfect.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:10 AM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

OK I know its been a little bit, but took the car on her maiden voyage and drove about 25-30 miles and the car doesn't have any abnormal vibrations that weren't there before etc... So this DSS CF DS worked well so far I haven't put any real power on it yet, but so far its a good review so far give me a little time and I'll give you an update once I've got some passed on it etc...
Old 02-28-2015, 06:08 AM
WHITE_SHARK
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have bad news for my DSS Carbon driveshaft, it broke yesterday and I'm in touch now with RPM & DSS, they are supporting and will help me to recover fast.

I have the one that does not require any couplers, we don't now why it broke out of sudden while idling, it might be that the one piece without couplers usually will sustain a lot of vibrations and with the time it will crack and broke near the bolt area at the end. We don't really know the exact reason as it was running fine for the last year (with the noises which I accepted it) so far but we will check and take picture and send it to DSS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone use drive shaft shop carbon shaft