C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPP TT, 427ci LS2, RPM tr6060, RPM Diff.... 1000+whp???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 09:20 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default UPP TT, 427ci LS2, RPM tr6060, RPM Diff.... 1000+whp???

we will find out soon. we finally got the Transmission and Diff from RPM that was supposed to show up 3+ weeks ago. Great guys none the less, but I wish they told us it will be this long before we get the stuff.. we would have at least finished the engine break in. oh well

I would still like to thank them for the great deal I got from them and I appreciate the fact that Jeremy always answered my calls.

I would also like to thank Bret@Racing Engine Design for the great work on the engine and car.

mods list.

- Darton sleeved LS2
- 427ci (Eagle crank, Eagle rods, Ross Pistons, ARP2000 bolts)
- 8.8 compression (pump gas)
- Block machined for 1/2 inch Studs
- PRC LS3 heads (Ported by Bret@RED)
- Spinmonster Cam (no specs other than close to a Z06 cam!)
- Fast 102 Intake
- stock TB

- UPP twin turbo kit (look it up in the forums for the specs)
- only modification to the kit is a new boost controller and some heat wrap and turbo blankets
- Eboost2

- Aeromotive Eliminator Fuel system
- Fast Fuel Rails
- 80# injectors (will probably need to upgrade to ID1000s)

- RPM Stage 6 C6 Z06 TR6060
- RPM Stage 2 C6 Z06 Differential
- DSS drive shaft
- RPS BC3 Clutch
- Stock Suspension stock axles

- Full C6 Z06 OEM body kit
- OEM C6 Z06 wheels w/ NT05R 19" Tires

engine was fired 3 weeks ago and had little miles on it, but then we decided to take the trans/diff out and put in the new RPM stuff to break it all in at the same time... (bad idea LOL)

we are working on just final stuff and car will be ready Tuesday.

I will have to break in the new stuff first before putting it on the dyno. hopefully I will be able to do that in less than 2 weeks.

we are hoping to hit 1000whp, but not sure if we will be able to achieve that with the UPP kit. I guess we will find out soon. it wont stay long anyway since I will be swapping it with the TTIX kit and add nitrous on top.

The plan now is to see how far we can go with the UPP kit. do some work on the suspension since its very important with a car that will be making that much power. and I am thinking also about adding nitrous on top with it. Then later (at least 9 months) might go with the TTIX.

Engine and drivetrain should handle 1300+whp with no problems

Car was built for the streets, but I will try to take it to the track and see what it will run. it should be a 8sec car assuming I can drive it and can fit some sticky tires there. I doubt it though.......

Pics/vids will come soon!

car made 820whp@14psi with the older setup on E85 (402ci, ~12:0 compression)

what do you guys think?? will I be able to hit 1000+whp!!!!!???

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 01-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

dropping 2 points of compression, you are going to need more boost, 18psi will make about 850 then a 100 shot will make up to 1k
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by carlrx7
dropping 2 points of compression, you are going to need more boost, 18psi will make about 850 then a 100 shot will make up to 1k
I was hoping to hit 1000whp with about ~20psi. if your math is right, then I guess It wont happen. I want 1000whp with no nitrous.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:45 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

let me know how those intake air temps look
Old 01-15-2012, 10:49 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Great to see a max effort UPP build!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:47 PM
inspector12
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
I was hoping to hit 1000whp with about ~20psi. if your math is right, then I guess It wont happen. I want 1000whp with no nitrous.
Don't get caught up in the CR, 20psi on a 427 should be close to your goals! I think it will happen though just my .02 GL! I'm with Bill, glad to see someone push that kit etc...
Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by carlrx7
let me know how those intake air temps look
I will... also I will be adding meth pretty soon too so that should help a lot!!

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
Great to see a max effort UPP build!
I hope I dont get disappointed

Originally Posted by inspector12
Don't get caught up in the CR, 20psi on a 427 should be close to your goals! I think it will happen though just my .02 GL! I'm with Bill, glad to see someone push that kit etc...
Thanks. that what I was thinking. the 25 extra cubes should help with that lower compression. also the new heads I have flows better (same PRC LS3 heads but ported and all new valves)...

I dont know we will see. I am picking up the car tomorrow..... it should be on the dyno sometime next week I hope....
Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Why eagle rods? Why not spend the extra $ and get some quality American made rods? You made the right choice with RPM...
NOT TRYING FLAME YOU...just asking.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

I made 1005 at 20 psi on my old c5. 427 trickflow TEA 235 turbonetics 66mm .81ar T4. Not sure that answers you question but...oh....A4 BTW
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Never heard anything bad about Eagle rods. If I was planning on north of 1k I would opt for ARP 2k rod bolts.

Now the Eagle crank... I have heard about quite a few failures on those. Having said that if I was looking for internals and found a good deal on one I would probably buy it.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 01-19-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:03 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Never heard anything bad about Eagle rods. If I was planning on north of 1k I would opt for ARP 2k rod bolts.

Now the Eagle crank... I have heard about quite a few failures on those. Having said that if I was looking for internals and found a good deal on one I would probably buy it.
I to haven't had any complaints about their rods, but using their cranks?? No way, the only thing I would use their cranks for are anchors! I had three of their cranks, one was their standard long snout LS7 and the other two were their higher end armour coated or whatever they called them. All three were returned to Eagle due to excessive taper on the main and rod journals.

Some were as far out a .0008" which is darn near half of your bearing clearance or more. Funny thing about is that they measured ok at mid journal, but going out torwards the sides is where the got fat. So if you got a machinist that don't measure in more than one spot and thinks he has the correct clearances, you got problems! I have been using Callies ever since and have not looked back
Old 01-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I would also never use eagle stuff when shooting for 1k+ I use compstar at the lowest in all the stuff we build.

What size turbos are in the UPP Kit? I dont see it hitting 1k but thats just me.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:33 AM
C5ZEE06
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

any concerns about the dry sleeved LS2 (4.125 bore ?) in this application ?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by NICK YOSKIN
Why eagle rods? Why not spend the extra $ and get some quality American made rods? You made the right choice with RPM...
NOT TRYING FLAME YOU...just asking.
the only reason is that I bought the car with a 402 stroker. the previous builder went with those eagle rods and crank (too bad I know who built it too lol) he himself regrets going with Eagle ( I think he didnt do any research when he built this one...)

so to answer your question, I used them because I had them.... otherwise I would have went with callies too.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I have ARP 2k rod bolts and I also went with the 1/2 inch studs. and again the only reason is that I had that stuff already kinda free....

there was no problems with the rods and crank. the car had almost 11k miles after the build in which about 4k with this TT kit.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:13 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by tjwong
I to haven't had any complaints about their rods, but using their cranks?? No way, the only thing I would use their cranks for are anchors! I had three of their cranks, one was their standard long snout LS7 and the other two were their higher end armour coated or whatever they called them. All three were returned to Eagle due to excessive taper on the main and rod journals.

Some were as far out a .0008" which is darn near half of your bearing clearance or more. Funny thing about is that they measured ok at mid journal, but going out torwards the sides is where the got fat. So if you got a machinist that don't measure in more than one spot and thinks he has the correct clearances, you got problems! I have been using Callies ever since and have not looked back
now you made me worry. I asked my machine shop and they said they are fine. I told them exactly what I am planning to do to this car and that I am shooting for 1000+whp and asked them to check everything before putting it back together... and the guy assured me I will be fine with both the crank and rods. I will ask them again today when I go pick up the car.

He did say he will never really use eagle stuff if he had to choose but since we had them he said its fine....

as mentioned earlier, I would have gone with Callies to if I was to build it from scratch.......
Old 01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

If it already has that many miles on it without issue and it's a done deal anyway then no sense worrying about it.

Get notified of new replies

To UPP TT, 427ci LS2, RPM tr6060, RPM Diff.... 1000+whp???

Old 01-19-2012, 12:30 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
I would also never use eagle stuff when shooting for 1k+ I use compstar at the lowest in all the stuff we build.

What size turbos are in the UPP Kit? I dont see it hitting 1k but thats just me.
58mm... they said those are capable of doing 1100HP!! so we will see
Old 01-19-2012, 12:33 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

If it already has that many miles on it without issue and it's a done deal anyway then no sense worrying about it.
that what I was thinking too. but to be honest the car was not driven hard really. especially with the TT kit since there was some problems with that kit that UPP was figuring out. The same when it only had heads/cam/intake it wasnt driven that hard....

but it did see about 25 dyno pulls so that should be more than enough I think !!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:59 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
58mm... they said those are capable of doing 1100HP!! so we will see
to make a better guess what are the fullspecs on those puppies.
with max effort 58mm units that # will be tuff.
if that compressor cover is 3.5 and 2.25 i highly doubt it.

Quick Reply: UPP TT, 427ci LS2, RPM tr6060, RPM Diff.... 1000+whp???