C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS powered Gforce tuned 402 does it again. New C6 1/4 record!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:22 AM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Congrats again Mark, almost need a chute for your street car! Glad you proved that old sig legit, you should change it back
Old 02-25-2012, 01:10 PM
95vettski
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome driving! Can't wait to see what it does with the 2200!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:27 PM
GAMEOVR
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats
Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
SouthTexasBully
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Mark!! If youw would have stayed another hour i have no doubt u would have done even better...9.68 with 25mph winds is nasty...

Congrats to G Force,LMR,and Lethal from San Antonio as well,their cars move out nice!
Old 02-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Slo-Poc
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Very nice, love it! What fuel setup are you running?
Old 02-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Its Bruce
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I approve of everything but the goofy open face helmet.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
SouthTexasBully
Racer

Originally Posted by Its Bruce

Hahahaha!! I agree! We have all been ragging on him about that nerdy helmet for a long time and he will not change...i guess we have to live with it lol
Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

AWESOME Man. GREAT runs and Driving!! Congrats! now time to see a new record with the 2200! how many shots on those runs??
Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 AM
redls3
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what rear tires are you using?
Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Now that's what I'm talking about. Congrats man! Talk, why talk? Let the car and skills do it!
I guess so! I think somewhere, I must have been bornsupercharged.

Originally Posted by SHovV
Awesome dude. Is that a 10.0 with 149mph?
Yes, that was a blower only pass. First pass of the day. Slow shifted the car, and wanted to get a feel for the track. Notice my 60ft wasn't that good either. (I'm still not a good shifter, I can, but don't powershift, as you can see in my videos). Ironic that my first pass with only boost and no spray had the highest MPH.

Originally Posted by Silver Bullet C6
Congrats, Mark! So this was with the 1500 Novi?
What kind of torque is your car making?
Hey Santos! Got your message, and sorry for not getting back to you last week. Your build is going to be killer. YSI, or 2200 isn't going to make much of a difference with your motor setup. I'd go with a oil fed 2200 if you go Paxton. I was in the same position that you are in. I'm not looking for incredible numbers, because I can't put the power down at the track in street trim on drag radials.

Originally Posted by Vince99FRC
Wow!!!! That's moving!!
Originally Posted by gotjuice?
congradulations! Great runs!
Originally Posted by peter pan
Originally Posted by vegasredz062
great driving! not easy to row gears..
Originally Posted by WHITE_SHARK
With 6-speed manual! really impressed with your numbers, good Job!
Originally Posted by 95vettski
Awesome driving! Can't wait to see what it does with the 2200!
Originally Posted by GAMEOVR
Congrats
Thank you, guys, I appreciate it!

Arnold, and Steve. I'm getting married in about a month, so I didn't register for the Mile. Hope I can get out of town between all the wedding stuff and work that I have to see you guys at the Mile. Steve, did you get the JT installed yet?

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
And ALL that on a 6 rib!!! Congrats bro! You are a driving machine!
Thanks, Nouman! I really appreciate it. I'll hit you up soon and we can chat. The car is dialed in, no doubt. The only thing holding the car back is my shifting. I feel that I can 60ft this car to a low 1.4 or high 1.3. I haven't tried launching over 3500rpm yet, because I've been there 2-3 times in my old Z06 and it is not fun being an hour away from home on riding in an expensive tow. After the wedding, I'll go for a 1.3 60ft. Probably going to need a Z06 or better differential after that though!

Originally Posted by topend182
Great runs! It's nice to see some m6 guys putting up solid numbers. Are you using any launch control (or two-step)? Congrats on the record
Thanks! No, I don't use any launch controls(never heard of one for a corvette), or any line lock, two step, etc. I'm pretty stuborn about my setup, and take pride in having the entire stock driveline, suspension, etc. I just drove the car 200 miles today the exact way I drive it on the track. All I did, was bump up the tire pressure in the rears 6psi. I feel that a street car should run full radials, full weight, etc. Once you start pulling out weight, running skinnies and bias ply tires, I don't think it is a street car anymore. The only thing I have changed, is the clutch, and added a 6 point rollbar and 5 point harness for safety. But I think a stronger diff and an ECS brace is a good idea for the car now though.

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
Another awesome job of driving!!!
Thanks, Jeremy. I really would like to run you in an open session, 2 out of 3 in April, late in the day. I'm going to be running 850rwhp during the day, but if we can hot lap our cars after the 4th session, I will run a small shot. I think we would be a good match when I put on the 2200. You will have a 150hp avantage over me, but I think my car hits hard enough to give you a serious run to 170mph with the compression I have.

Originally Posted by inspector12
Congrats Mark! Those track rentals are great!
Thanks, Jeff. First time ever running at a track rental. Too bad we had a gail force headwind, or everybody would have gone a little faster. Also, good seeing you last night. I always like to pick your brain for knowledge. Glad I got to meet you through Bill. I think your twin setup and my car should be a good match in an open session, if you want to run.

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Congrats again Mark, almost need a chute for your street car! Glad you proved that old sig legit, you should change it back
Thank you, Chris. I told you I was going faster, and I'm fixing to knock off another .2 off that ET with the new blower. Still 100% street trim, no skinnies or slicks. Tell your buddy to get ready!

Originally Posted by SouthTexasBully
Congrats Mark!! If youw would have stayed another hour i have no doubt u would have done even better...9.68 with 25mph winds is nasty...
Thanks, Chris. You're car is going to be killer with the right clutch setup. We are going to go fast in that car at the track. Probably low 9's through the TR6060 with your built rearend on drag radials.

Originally Posted by Slo-Poc
Very nice, love it! What fuel setup are you running?
A1000, 72 pound injectors, etc. Gforce changed over half of the old fuel system, redid almost everything the way it was from my previous shop. I run pump gas with meth. I add a couple of gallons of 104 at the track for safety, but I have a 100% pump gas tune and can run the car anytime without changing anything.

Originally Posted by Its Bruce
Hey, no need to hate on my open face helmet! I like it. It's my good luck helmet, Bruce. Just don't Tbone anybody at the next cart day!

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
AWESOME Man. GREAT runs and Driving!! Congrats! now time to see a new record with the 2200! how many shots on those runs??
Thanks. I only ran spray on the last two passes, you can see the slips in the first post. It was a 100 shot, but we only made one pull on it, pulled a ton of timing, and it added 50hp. I flipped a switch at the top of second gear to activate it in between shifts. Bottle wasn't fully warm since I don't have a bottle heater or gauge on the bottle, and don't have a full tune on it. My fastest MPH was with no bottle.

Originally Posted by RedLs3
what rear tires are you using?
295/45-17 drag radials on Fbody wheels.

Last edited by winters97gt; 02-27-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by winters97gt
My fastest MPH was with no bottle.

That right there tells me that there is a LOT left in the car as it sits, let alone with the 2200.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Flash20
Pro

That right there tells me that there is a LOT left in the car as it sits, let alone with the 2200.
before mark I can honestly say I never would think a baby blower could make so much power and run as well as his does! almost makes me wanna add an ecs kit to my nitrous car
Old 02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Flash20
before mark I can honestly say I never would think a baby blower could make so much power and run as well as his does! almost makes me wanna add an ecs kit to my nitrous car

I'll whip up a good deal for you if you think you can handle all that power, all the cool kids are doing it!

(j/k, I know your car is fast!!)
Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

I want my blower kit back.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:59 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a video somewhere....
Old 02-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Rez90
Burning Brakes

Awesome run. Congrats!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

That's what is kind of puzzling me too. Take a look at first slip. These were the 3 morning runs with just the blower and nothing touched on the car or tune. I don't know where that extra 6mph came from. DA wasn't any different, wind, etc. The 60ft was a little slower, but the car wasn't spinning. Even if it was, it wouldn't inflate the MPH by that much. I think I need more seat time and to study the dyno graph a little more to see where I should be shifting. I shift at 6800rpm, but might adjust it with the new blower.

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
I want my blower kit back.

It sure is fun! I'll have to let you take it for a spin in kill mode soon.

Thanks, Bryan. I think it will be a good run for us. Maybe an open session.

Originally Posted by user_name
There is a video somewhere....
Subtle, "I've drug almost everybody in this thread that is local" reply.

Originally Posted by Rez90
Awesome run. Congrats!
Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To ECS powered Gforce tuned 402 does it again. New C6 1/4 record!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Flash20
Pro

I'll whip up a good deal for you if you think you can handle all that power, all the cool kids are doing it!

(j/k, I know your car is fast!!)
don't tempt me! my a6 already hates life LOL!!!

maybe throw together a blower/glide/9in package
Old 02-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Silver Bullet C6
Burning Brakes

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12

don't tempt me! my a6 already hates life LOL!!!

maybe throw together a blower/glide/9in package
Flash, which upgraded A6 are you running?
Old 02-28-2012, 08:55 AM
Dragracer_Art
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's some big MPH.

150 is 8-sec MPH with a good 60ft.

Many moons ago I was going 9.0's-9-teens @ 149. Couldn't get into the 8's until I went 150+.
IIRC, 60ft's were low 1.30's at the time.

Your car has alot more in it.

Quick Reply: ECS powered Gforce tuned 402 does it again. New C6 1/4 record!