C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup or Nitto NT05r?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 11:15 PM
glad2hver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bosco 08
Talking about wet weather performance. Sounds more like they tested tires instead of cars.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/..._s_comparison/
Hmmmmm....... not sure the issue is with tires. My vette stinks in cold or wet weather. Yea, my Pilot PS2's aren't good in cold but other cars run on them (including Porsche) and can gain at least some traction. This car is awful in anything but perfect conditions, no matter how much I feather the gas.
GM is fetching upwards of $100K for frilled out Z06's and $120K for ZR1's. (My vert went for ~ $65K) At those heady prices you can get a lot of car these days. GM needs to step up their development. It's not 1989 anymore

Last edited by glad2hver; 03-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:45 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by glad2hver
Hmmmmm....... not sure the issue is with tires. My vette stinks in cold or wet weather. Yea, my Pilot PS2's aren't good in cold but other cars run on them (including Porsche) and can gain at least some traction. This car is awful in anything but perfect conditions, no matter how much I feather the gas.
GM is fetching upwards of $100K for frilled out Z06's and $120K for ZR1's. (My vert went for ~ $65K) At those heady prices you can get a lot of car these days. GM needs to step up their development. It's not 1989 anymore

Sounds like you need to sale the car and get another one if you are not satisfied. The vette is a great bang for your buck. 1/4, standing mile, road course, auto X, etc, it is a hard to beat these cars for what you pay.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 AM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,336 Likes on 945 Posts

3000#ish rides running around in the rain on 12 to 14" wide tires? Yeah, I'm sure a Porcha/Ninja/Suprogattie, running the same wide rubber, is going to run right past a vette in the rain.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
DocT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by old motorhead
3000#ish rides running around in the rain on 12 to 14" wide tires? Yeah, I'm sure a Porcha/Ninja/Suprogattie, running the same wide rubber, is going to run right past a vette in the rain.
LOL! Exactly...No Hi performance sports car with near the tread and power is going to be night and day different from one another on rainy days.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup or Nitto NT05r?