C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Installers Near Chicago

Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Ammskore92
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended Installers Near Chicago

What's up everybody?
I'm looking for the best shop in the area to do the install and tune of a supercharger package in my '06 MT vette. I haven't decided on which package to go with yet, but I was looking to get ahold of a reputable shop to discuss options. I'm willing to drive, say, 300 miles for the install. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Toxic-evo
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '12

Speed Inc, great guys to work with.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:27 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Toxic-evo
Speed Inc, great guys to work with.

Last edited by SinisterC6; 09-01-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Ammskore92
What's up everybody?
I'm looking for the best shop in the area to do the install and tune of a supercharger package in my '06 MT vette. I haven't decided on which package to go with yet, but I was looking to get ahold of a reputable shop to discuss options. I'm willing to drive, say, 300 miles for the install. Thanks in advance for the help!
straight line by far the best in chicago. Myself and others had some very bad tuning experience at speed inc. Way to cocky. They think they know everything. NOT:; stay away from speed inc.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 AM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ammskore92
What's up everybody?
Come to Straightline in New Leno tomorrow we have Doug from ECS there and you will see alot of blown cars.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 AM
kmthor00
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
Come to Straightline in New Leno tomorrow we have Doug from ECS there and you will see alot of blown cars.
yes sir!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Nick@Straightline
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks guys

OP feel free to stop by or give us a call if you have any questions!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Emuffinman1
Racer

Finish Line Performance in Naperville. I have 7 years experience with them and the job always gets done right. I drive 345 miles to get there. Call Tony and he will help you.

877-FLP-2WIN
Old 04-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Witt748
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can, go and check out a few shops for yourself, talk to them and go with who you feel the best with.

That being said my vote is for straightline, great shop
Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Nick@Straightline
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Witt748
If you can, go and check out a few shops for yourself, talk to them and go with who you feel the best with.

That being said my vote is for straightline, great shop
So how are you liking your new found power? Your car is a beast and sounds awesome Now about that clutch hahaha
Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Witt748
Pro

Originally Posted by Nick@Straightline
So how are you liking your new found power? Your car is a beast and sounds awesome Now about that clutch hahaha
I've been ripping it up the last two days, car is a blast!!! I bought a new turkey baster and it's my new best friend ... we will see can't imagine mine will hold out for too long... I will start a thread on the build sometime tonight or tomorrow .
Old 04-15-2012, 05:40 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by helga203
straight line by far the best in chicago. Myself and others had some very bad tuning experience at speed inc. Way to cocky. They think they know everything. NOT:; stay away from speed inc.
Straightline did my blower install on my old C5 and they did a good job!

Mike (the tuner there), really knows his stuff and didn't mind me asking TONS of questions. Nick is easy to deal with too!

The prices were in line with Speed, Inc and they are 5 minutes from my house.

By the way, I just read this and if I'd have known that Doug was going to be there (along with a boat load of cars), I'd have swung by! Drats!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 PM
doug06c6
Racer

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I've held my tongue long enough.
I was told to stay away from Speed Inc. in the very beginning so I went to Straightline to have my car tuned with a cam - I had hot start issues & hesitation issues. SL couldn't figure out the hot start issue. I then installed a supercharger and had SL try another tune. After being told my car would be done that day I drove an hour and a half to pick the car up. It was not done ontime and the tuner threw a fit about staying late to do my tune so it wasn't a wasted trip for me. So he did a half assed job so he could go home and get me out the door.
I had no issues with Nick at SL but this situation was unnaceptable. I took my car over to Tom @ Speed and he made time for me on the dyno, kept his promise time/delivered, and I have NO more issues with my car... at all. He even took the time to follow up with me to make sure everything was ok. That to me is a win in my book.

My opinion; don't listen to the negative. Form your own opinion. Go talk to the shop yourself. I should have done that in the first place.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Witt748
Pro

Originally Posted by doug06c6
I was told to stay away from Speed Inc. in the very beginning so I went to Straightline to have my car tuned with a cam - I had hot start issues & hesitation issues. SL couldn't figure out the hot start issue. I then installed a supercharger and had SL try another tune. After being told my car would be done that day I drove an hour and a half to pick the car up. It was not done ontime and the tuner threw a fit about staying late to do my tune so it wasn't a wasted trip for me. So he did a half assed job so he could go home and get me out the door.
I had no issues with Nick at SL but this situation was unnacceptable. I took my car over to Tom @ Speed and he made time for me on the dyno, kept his promise time/delivered, and I have NO more issues with my car... at all. He even took the time to follow up with me to make sure everything was ok. That to me is a win in my book.

My opinion; don't listen to the negative. Form your own opinion. Go talk to the shop yourself. I should have done that in the first place.
If you're telling him not to listen to the negative, then why start your post with a negative ?... I understand what you're trying to say, just not how you're saying it.

In years of looking at shops for different cars, you learn every shop will have their horror stories, sometimes it's just part of modding cars, sometimes it's more... If any of these local shops were constantly bad they wouldn't be in business very long.

Definitely agree with you about forming your own opinion and go to the shops to see for yourself
Old 04-15-2012, 11:07 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 189 Posts

Doug makes a great point, with ever shop out there there can be both a good and bad experience because we as consumers are all looking for different things and define "best" by different standards or categories.

Off hand you have the following shops in the Chicago area:

Speed inc
Straightline
Flp
Lcpc (libertyville chevy performance center)
Modern muscle
Fast motorsports
Unleashed motorsports (indiana)
Blackdog racing

There are more so please add to the list.

Best bet is to get in contact with each and see who best correlates to your power goals, price range and customer service.

In the end all of the shops listed above have countless happy customers on the Corvette Forum, its up to you to decide who would make you happy.

Good luck if you have any questions about supercharging or high hp builds shoot me a pm i'd be glad to help.

Last edited by SinisterC6; 04-15-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Nick@Straightline
Racer

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by doug06c6
I had no issues with Nick at SL but this situation was unnaceptable. I took my car over to Tom @ Speed and he made time for me on the dyno, kept his promise time/delivered, and I have NO more issues with my car... at all. He even took the time to follow up with me to make sure everything was ok. That to me is a win in my book.

Doug i'm sorry if your car wasn't taken care of the way it should've been. I know you and Mike were talking and working on your car. It's my own fault for not staying in the loop with it as I thought it was fixed!! I point the finger at myself for not knowing since it's my shop. Sorry we didn't fix the problem and glad your car is good now.

I also agree to build your own opinion and relationship with whoever does work on someones car. Me and the other shops out there have great customers and want to keep them!!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
vettandtyphoon1
Burning Brakes

Straightline ftw!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Recommended Installers Near Chicago

Old 04-16-2012, 02:04 PM
whtturbot@aol.com
Advanced

Speed Inc all the way !

Jeff C
06 Z06
496 Hp tuned @ Speed Inc.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
Doug makes a great point, with ever shop out there there can be both a good and bad experience because we as consumers are all looking for different things and define "best" by different standards or categories.

Off hand you have the following shops in the Chicago area:

Speed inc
Straightline
Flp
Lcpc (libertyville chevy performance center)
Modern muscle
Fast motorsports
Unleashed motorsports (indiana)
Blackdog racing

There are more so please add to the list.

Best bet is to get in contact with each and see who best correlates to your power goals, price range and customer service.

In the end all of the shops listed above have countless happy customers on the Corvette Forum, its up to you to decide who would make you happy.

Good luck if you have any questions about supercharging or high hp builds shoot me a pm i'd be glad to help.
You might as well put Lingenfelter in there too. I believe that they are in Decatur, In. You do pay a Premium there, but I think that having an LPE car will give you better returns if you decide to sell it (Great reputation is good at resale time). Just food for thought.

I also agree with forming your own opinion, but all that I can do is tell how MY personal experience went. Sorry that yours didn't go as well.

I'm sure though that the op wants to hear both good and bad. That's how he (or she, if applicable) can form the basis of their opinion.

Good Luck!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:59 PM
LemansbluebyU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

I don't have any experiance with any of the other shops but I do have some experiance with Speed Inc. I have taken my Z and the wifes '10 Camaro there and so far the experiance has been a very positive one. Tom has given me fair prices and good service. My Z is scheduled to go back next week for some more work. I am a very peticular person, I like things a certain way and honestly I really don't think I would like myself as a customer and I can tell you this, Tom has earned my trust because of his honesty and the way he has taken care of my car while its been in his hands. My vote is for Speed Inc!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recommended Installers Near Chicago